• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Graphics Templates is Corrupt!!!!

Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro keeps "Corrupting" my Motion Graphics templates and has basically made that function completely unusable for me.  Whether it be the stock templates that come with Premiere Pro, or the handful of templates I BOUGHT from Adobe Stock, when I drag them onto my timeline I get a "Motion Graphics Template is Corrupt" error message. 

I've tried deleting the templates from Premiere.  I've tried re-downloading them fresh from Adobe Stock. I've tried Reinstalling Premiere.  I've tried wiping every trace of Premiere out on my computer and fresh installing.  All of these things have failed.  MAYBE I could get Templates to work again for a few projects and forget the problem, but suddenly I'd drag one on and it would start all over.  Some of my templates don't give me the error but also don't do anything.  If I go to their "edit" tab, it is blank and has zero information or effects. 

It seems like sometime in the last few updates Motion Graphics Templates have become broken and it is infuriating.  Especially when I've paid good money for templates ($20 a pop usually) TO ADOBE and they are not working. 

I cannot be the only one facing this, am I?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Alright! We finally got an in-house repro!! Whew! I've been chasing this ghost in the machine for quite awhile! It looks like the "Mogrt is Corrupt" issue occurs when the Motion Graphics Templates Media scratch disk is set to a folder that is nested so many levels deep or in folders with really long names that goes beyond the 260 character limit that file paths on Windows machines are limited to by default. The .aegraphic files within a Mogrt gets unpacked in the Motion Graphics Templates Media

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Hi All, 

I finally was able to reproducce a corrupt Mogrt on a Mac and learned that it fails for a completely different reason than the "Mogrt is Corrupt" issues we were seeing on Windows. 

After unzipping the mogrt and trying to open it I realized that the unzipping process was not happening. The .Zip folder was turning into a. CPGZ file instead everytime I tried to open it. And clicking the .CPGZ file to try to "open" it just created yet another .Zip file and on and on in an endless loop. So i

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was my exact issue, thank you so much!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you so much!  I was on a support chat and looking this up at the same time.  Moved my project to the base file and fixed!  Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWWW this sounds promising. I've been chasing this bug for months now with no repro in-house. All the Mogrts that users have sent me have worked for me without throwing the error. But finally a solid CLUE!!

If this auto-save version situation is the smoking gun, then what I thhiiiiiiink might be happening is the following:

When a Mogrt is applied to a sequence, it gets unpacked in a temp folder deeeeep in the deeeeps of OS libraries. When a user closes the project or shuts down PR, then these temp folders get deleted or cleaned up.

I think if a user's project crashed and they are opening from an auto-saved version then there is a stale version of the unpacked Mogrt left in the temp folder and then it throws the corrupt error. I've got something tangible to try now so I'll report back as soon as I know more. Thanks for keeping the conversation alive y'all!

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos is correct. We've had a number of clearly non-universalized mogrts acquired from stock here.

Hoping you'll pass that on to the nice people in charge of QC for Stock.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dacia,

Did your investigations heed any progress on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thanks here in Brazil! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if system language is not the problem in analyzing expressions that come with mogrts,

then it is the location where these mogrts should be saved, at the base level...

in most cases, this is it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "base level", has to be in a specific location, can you help me, please? I'm saving the mogrts file in the same location as the prproj file of the project but I still get the error message. Maybe I'm missing something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright! We finally got an in-house repro!! Whew! I've been chasing this ghost in the machine for quite awhile! It looks like the "Mogrt is Corrupt" issue occurs when the Motion Graphics Templates Media scratch disk is set to a folder that is nested so many levels deep or in folders with really long names that goes beyond the 260 character limit that file paths on Windows machines are limited to by default. The .aegraphic files within a Mogrt gets unpacked in the Motion Graphics Templates Media folder inside of folders with a Unique ID that also has a really long string of characters. It throws Windows over the edge to where it doesn't recognize the file path as valid.

We are looking into a workaround on our end but in the meantime, I found this article that shows where you can go in Win 10 to change this limitation. https://mspoweruser.com/ntfs-260-character-windows-10/ 

You can also open Project Settings and change the Motion Graphics Template Media Scratch Disk to a new location with fewer nested folders or closer to the root.

I have not been able to reproduce this issue on a Mac though. It looks to be specific to Windows. But if you are experiencing this issue on Mac please reach out 🙂 
Hope this is helpful! 

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on other solutions? I followed this link and I don't even have the last step available. The specific MOGRT I've been using for literally a year just stopped working yesterday, and now I have to ctrl alt delet shut down Premiere any time I attempt to do anything with the MOGRT file. Premiere is beyond broken for me, and it's stupidly frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Joe5C27 

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of Windows 10 OS. The only thing you can do on your end is to move the Motion Graphics Template Media Scratch Disk folder (Project settings in PR) to a location on disk that is not so deeply nested. 

The fact that Premiere is hanging though when you add it, leads me to think there is another issue here. Was it working in older versions of Premiere? Did you update to 15.0 and it stopped working? 

Can you please send me the Mogrt that is giving you headaches? There could be a number of things going on and its much easier to help if I can reproduce this on my end. 

Thanks in advance, 

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this did not fix the problem for me and im dying!!!! I have a huge project im working on and the mogrt was a big part please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dmbmonk, 

Don't DIE!! Lets try to figure out what is going on. Can you share some details and screenshots of the issue?

Did you change the location of your Motion Graphics Template Media Scratch Disk in the Project Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dacia,

For me the problem shows up at the newest Version of premiere pro. 
With version 13.1.5. everything works out fine. As soon as i install 14. premiere says my mogrt is corrupt.

Can  you help me here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FinkIT, 

Apologies, I didn't see our message sooner. Can you share the location of our Motion Graphics Template Media folder is set to please? You can find this in your project settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dacia - can you help me - I'm having trouble importing .mogrt files into Premier - my Windows10 Dell pc (new) just tells me I don'y have permission. Not sure what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried loading one of the built in motion graphics templates - and Adobe has stopped loading at 85% - tried before and it crashed the programme. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry you're having issues. Can you share a screen recording of what you're experiencing? 
Also would you mind setting your Motion Graphics Template Media Scratch Disk to the /Desktop and seeing if that resolves your issue? 

Cheers,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS ADVICE 😄 ive changed the folders and it worked 😄 wohoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!! I'm so happy that worked. Unfortunately, the Win 10 OS solution I posted above because the limitation is in AE itself. Because of this, the tiny inception AE inside of Premiere Pro that makes Mogrts possible, totally bails on the process. Luckily, the workaround is not too bad. 

Happy to hear you're back on your feet! 

Cheers,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dacia, I am experiencing this issue on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dacia,

maybe you could help me too. I have the same issue and followed all the advise in here and it still doesen't work. I work with the new 2022 version of Primiere Pro and the scratch disk is the same as my projects, which is not to far away from my root. I also set the max path just like in the workaround.

I hope you can help me. If you need more infos just ask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Utis, 

Could you please send me the file that is failing for you via DM? 

Is it possible that its over 4gb in size? 

When you say "it doesn't work" what do you mean? Do you get an error message or does it drop onto the timeline but nothing renders in the Program Monitor? 

Any screenrecordings would be super helpful for me to help diagnose. 

Thanks so much,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION FOR WINDOWS:  Hello!

I believe I found a solution for this issue on Windows and possibly Mac.  So, this issue is that the project file's location extension is too long for the scratch disk location.  The solution is to save your project to a location with a shorter extension.  My location extension was too long because I was working from an AutoSave of an AutoSave of countless other Autosave folders deep within my projects folder.  As soon as I saved it to a new location and with a shorter name the MOGRT file opened perfectly fine.  So if you do these two things, it should work:

1. save to shorter file destination
  2. save with shorter filename (if #1 fails)

Hope that helps! like this comment so i'll know if it was helpful or not!

Happy editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines