• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Keyframes disappear after time remapping is added.

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to Premiere pro cc 2017 and this is a new problem since the update.

I am editing footage from a go-pro shot in 4k but on a HD timeline. This allows me to move the video making it appear someone is controlling the camera but really it is stationary. Works great! All my footage is mixed to music and have time remapping all over. While editing today I noticed that I moved the video slightly too much and I have black appearing at the top of my frame. So when I tried to fix it, I could not find my motion keyframes in the Effects control, I could also not find them by changing the type of effects the timeline is showing (Opacity, Motion, Time Remapping). I always add the motion first because once time remapping is added its hard to make precise adjustments, but not impossible, however aside from re-editing the motion then re-adding the time remapping I don't know what to do!

Has anyone encountered this and found the solution, aside from re-editing it. Its a short clip today so it's no big deal to re-edit, but tomorrow it could be something harder to work with!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

A quick note to add to my post as soon as I reset the speed to 100% the key frames all popped back up. I stopped at 75% speed and the didn't appear and at 95% nothing, and suddenly at 100% TADA! we have been here the whole time. (And I did try expanding the clip and looking for the motion keyframes before and after my edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick note to add to my post as soon as I reset the speed to 100% the key frames all popped back up. I stopped at 75% speed and the didn't appear and at 95% nothing, and suddenly at 100% TADA! we have been here the whole time. (And I did try expanding the clip and looking for the motion keyframes before and after my edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to seperate motion keyframes and timeremapping by nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I appreciate the idea, but from experience I have had issues with nested sequences not wanting to export for due to other effects that may be added, so I try to avoid nesting unless I absolutely have too - IE warp stabalizer + Speed or multi-caming.

I also realized the reason the black was appearing was because the keyframe Spacial interpolation was set to Auto Bezier.

I have been using premiere from CS4 up and this is problem that has never happened to me before so I was hoping for a solution as opposed to a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines