• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Cursor Disappears Switching Between Workspaces

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I switch between the 'Editing' workspace and other workspaces, particularly the 'Graphics' or 'Color' workspaces, my mouse cursor often disappears.  The mouse continues to work and be visible in other programs, however whilst hovering over any Adobe Premiere window the mouse cursor is not visible.  I can still click on things within the Premiere Pro window, however I have no idea where the mouse cursor is, so it makes using the program impossible.

To fix, I have to restart Premiere Pro reload the project.  Really slows down the workflow when you're having to restart the program 20 odd times a day.

Any ideas to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Hi,

Please upvote  the current bug (as of 2024):https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/my-mouse-disappears-in-premiere-cc/idi-p/5746154#U5746154.

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simmo,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that whenever you switch the workspace, the cursor disappears. This is not a known issue with Adobe Premiere Pro. Please try resetting the preferences for the application and let us know if it helps.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue remains.  It has been a problem since I started using Premiere, so version CC 2017 at least.  The issue has persisted through system formats / fresh installs of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything else you can recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Still waiting on assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell am I even paying for at this point? Same bugs persist year after year. Fix the GD bugs Adobe instead of peddling new features! I'm thinking about switching to Final Cut, so sick of Premiere crashing, optimization problems, and other issues like not being able to change my GD workspace without it screwing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same way. People have had this problem since 2015 from the comments and it's still not dealt with. I've had to waste my time restarting premiere twice today and now typing here. This is a common thing. Moves me closer to the evil davinci every time. I think I heard an editor say that premiere is going to be working on bugs in the near future but I'm like damn we can't fix the mouse thing for everyone in FIVE years? Frustration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps at all, I've noticed that the mouse dissapearing is connected to a specific panel, not the workspace. I've isolated the problematic panel to a custom extension panel that I'm using. As a solution, I've added the problematic panel to every workflow (it doesn't have to be active, just open).

To help isolate the problematic panel, the next time your mouse dissapears: 

1. Press alt (to activate your top menus)
  2. Use your arrow keys to navigate to window
  3. Use your arrow keys with enter to open every panel until you your mouse reappears.
  4. Add that last panel to every workflow. Just dock it to another panel and switch to the one you want to use.

*EDIT*

Basically the problematic panel needs to stay open, otherwise the mouse dissapears.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Grayline. Very helpful. This worked for me too. In particular it was an extension panel, Wipster. When I switched workspaces (which closed the Wipster panel) the cursor dissappeared. Turning it back on, brought the cursor back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and it's been here and there since 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me quite often as well, perhaps not 20 times a day but I'd say 4 or 5 times a day if I'm working on a project pretty solidly.

My specs for reference... Windows 10 Pro, GeForce GTX 970, i7 5820k and latest drivers and CC versions all round.

Problem has been happening since at least CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

980 ti here. Windows 10. Ryzen CPU though. Do you have multiple monitors? I saw someone mention somewhere that having multiple monitors which are different resolutions can cause an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

I do have multiple monitors - I have a triple monitor setup (though all are identical and at 1920x1080) - in Premiere I have the left and centre monitor in use for all the windows, and the right monitor set as my full-screen preview.

My mouse is a Logitech Performance MX mouse - not the newest variant though - I have tried to reinstall the drivers and software recently, and made sure that they're up to date. Can't say I've ever tried an entirely different mouse though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a triple setup too. Varying resolutions though. I'm very confident that it won't be the mouse/mouse driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I switch between the 'Editing' and other workspaces my mouse cursor often disappears.  Like Simmo1985, the mouse continues to work and be visible in other programs, but when I hover over any Adobe Premiere window the mouse cursor is not visible. 

I have used the same mouse and two identical monitors for seven months, but have never had a problem until yesterday. It is going bad every hour or two – possibly when I’m crossing monitors. I also can’t get back to my project unless I reboot. There must be an answer somewhere.

drrichlee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reinstalling mouse driver or a different mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please upvote  the current bug (as of 2024):https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/my-mouse-disappears-in-premiere-cc/idi-p/5746154#U5...

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and so do others in my department. When switching to a color workspace the mouse/ pen cursor disappear.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080Ti, i7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. GTX1050ti Logitech wireless mouse/kbd, Windows 10, latest updates and drivers. Switching to the color workspace causes the issue. Switching back does not solve the issue. The mouse is visible on the other monitor. If I move Premiere to the other Window, the problem stays with the monitor that Premiere is running on. Shutting down Premiere and restarting is the only thing that seems to work. Has been happening for a while, but not sure how long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Cursor disappears when switching to Color workspace. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2020, 14.0.1 - and it still is happening! Earlier I had the problem with extensions only (Transcriptive or Vimeo or Red Giant) -  now I just used the Lumtrie Color and the cursor  disappears within premiere pro. I have to force quit PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

What works for me is by re-enabling extensions (Alt+W, arrow key down twice and right arrow key to select extension if have any) like in my case I use Soundstripe extension everytime the cursor disappears. It seems to re-appear if any extensions loads up. Please share if there's any permanent fix to this bug, it's frustrating at times.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this might finally be fixed... patch notes for 14.0.3 state "Fixed an issue with disappearing cursor when closing panel or switching workspaces" and it's been so far so good for me. Will report back if I see it again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines