• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from PluralEyes to Premiere Pro Create Multi-Cam Sequence

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used PluralEyes for years and had my workflow down pat. When it stopped working - I started trying to use Premiere Pro's "Create Multi-Cam Sequence" feature. It does not seem at all intuitive. With PaluralEyes - I'd put everything in a timeline, synch it, nest the video, change the sequence settings, scale the video clips, chose the correct audio track, and start editing. 

I must be missing something because Premiere's sync is just not that easy to get setup. 

Most of my projects are 3 hours of footage with 3 cameras. 

The first thing is that every time I try I get a "could not synchronize one or more clips in the current selection because a match could not be found" error. It doesn't show which clip is the issue. There's no helpful info on how to get passed that. But by selecting the clips in different ways I can usually get it to create the multicam sequences. But sometimes it numbers them say 1-7 and then there's an extra one called ACAM and then there are usually some clips left over that weren't processed. 

I drag the multicam sequences into a timeline. Great. But then I see no way to chose which cameras audio track you want it to use anywhere along the process so far. It always choses camera 1. My main audio is always on camera three. So I have to double click on each multicam sequence from the timeline, go in, and mute/unmute the right camera. 

Then I have the sequence settings to deal with. I shoot in 4k but edit and output in 1080. I edit in 1080 because I like knowing how far I can punch in on shots and this is easy to see by doing it this way. So then - I have to again double click each multicam sequence, change the percentage of the video clips all to 50% so that they appear full frame in the timeline I'm editing with. 

I know I must be missing something. Any suggestions welcome!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of that is taken care of by using the full create multicam dialog.

The one thing that isn't, is that whole "can't match" thing. Which means one audio track is at a lower level than the others, and Premiere doesn't 'match' unless the levels are something like within about 15dB from my experience.

So ... normalizing the audio to say -12dB prior to selecting them in the bin, "create multicam" ... would help with that.

And you're right, Premiere's multicam isn't as easy to figure out as PluralEyes was. I'd suggest going to Jarle Leirpoll's website ... premierepro.net ... and checking for multicam. Well, and everything else there ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines