• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Cam Source Sequence & disabling insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

After creating a new sequence, I have no problem disabling "insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips"; however, after creating a multicam sequence to sync audio, I am unable to unnest the multicam sequence. It only allows me to select V1 and A1 for source patching regardless of disabling or enabling "insert and overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips". 

I know I can manually go into the multicam sequence and copy paste the contents into the timeline, but I really enjoyed the convenience of being able to drag and drop the multicam sequence into it's multiple video parts. 

Screenshot 2024-01-30 191909.png

 

Screenshot 2024-01-30 192544.png

 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

In your bins, edit the metadata display to show "Camera Label." In this column, add "1" for all Cam A clips, "2" for Cam B, etc. you can do it in batches with the Metadata Panel. Just select all the clips and then enter the value there, instead of in the Project Panel. You may need to add that metadata variable if it's not automatically available (same way you would add metadata columns to the Project Panel.)Then in the "Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence" dialog, check "Create single multicam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your bins, edit the metadata display to show "Camera Label." In this column, add "1" for all Cam A clips, "2" for Cam B, etc. you can do it in batches with the Metadata Panel. Just select all the clips and then enter the value there, instead of in the Project Panel. You may need to add that metadata variable if it's not automatically available (same way you would add metadata columns to the Project Panel.)Then in the "Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence" dialog, check "Create single multicam source sequence," with Track Assignments set to Camera Label.

Note that this setting is annoyingly not preserved in the dialog the next time you go to sync footage, so be sure to check that it's enabled each time you make a new sync sequence. 

Best, 

Mo

Thanks to solution from bodypertain and TheLargadeer from Reddit, I hope it will help you out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also experiencing this since updating to newer versions. It's really annoying and needs fixing asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines