• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Network Crash During Dynamic Link Operations

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a small post production shop and we've been having consistent issues lately with crashing in Premiere. We've been troubleshooting for weeks and have narrowed it down to Dynamic Link tasks causing the crashes. This includes:

• Queuing a Premiere export in Media Encoder
  • Importing/working with sequences in other projects using the Media Browser

Details below:

Hardware: Mac Pro 2013 (various configurations), iMac Pro, iMac 27"

Software: Adobe Media Encoder 2018, After Effects 2018, Premiere 2018, fully updated

Media location: SMB Server over Gigabit LAN

Symptoms: Adobe Apps, Finder, web browsers completely lock up and become unresponsive for up to 10 minutes. Computer usually has to be hard-rebooted.
Steps to reproduce: Use the Media Browser in either Premiere Pro or Media Encoder to kick on the Dynamic Link server.
Frequency: Varies, usually more than once a day.

Tried so far:

• Ruled out the network entirely. Changed switches, changed wiring, changed computers, forced SMB2 and disabled Client Signing
  • Clean installed both macOS 10.13.6 and 10.14.3.
  • Clean installed Adobe CC apps.
  • Swapped all hardware plugged into the computer
  • Closed all outside running applications
  • Changed renderer between Metal, OpenCL, and Software Only

Any ideas on what could be causing this? It's baffled me for weeks and only began in the last couple months.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RayL,

Sorry for the frustration. Issues with Premiere Pro workstations connected to a network are especially difficult to troubleshoot, so we can't officially support your issue. That said, I hope we can assist you in tracking down the precise errors and give you some ideas where problems might get corrected.

The first thing I would ask for is more information. Do you have any crash logs or sampled processes that I can take a look at to determine the exact source of your crashes? Have you reported any crashes to Adobe directly? If so, please PM me your Adobe ID so I can try and trace those in our crash reporter.

Though you have ruled out your network, I suspect that is where the actual issue may lie. My computers, Mac and PC, do not exhibit these issues but they are not sharing media over a network. Are all your hardware devices time synced? Is your firewall protection causing any interruptions? Have you tried disabling firewall software as a test? These the two things that cause the most problems in a networked environment that I can recall.

Another sanity check you can run is to pull an offending Mac off the network and see how it performs. Still crashing, or are things more stable when operating locally?

I would also ensure that only shared media live on the network. Media cache, preview files, and project files should all be on the local machine.

If you have updated macOS recently, I would also run a check for permissions for every place in each Mac that is touched by Adobe software. My blog post should help guide you: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Return with any questions or clarifications. PM me to get my attention if I do not respond in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines