• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No 720x486 presets?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Premiere Pro. Coming from FCP and Media Composer.

I can't seem to set up a 720x486 project/sequence.
720x480 seems to be the only choice.

None exist in the presets and the settings that might allow me to
manually adjust the frame size are grayed out and unavailable.

Even the title safe photoshop files do not include a 720x486 version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Try this.

CS5 / CS5.5:

newitemicon.png

CS6:

DragAndDropCS6.png

Then, watch this:

http://www.video2brain.com/en/videos-4003.htm

edit

CS6 image added 3/31/13

jbp

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this.

CS5 / CS5.5:

newitemicon.png

CS6:

DragAndDropCS6.png

Then, watch this:

http://www.video2brain.com/en/videos-4003.htm

edit

CS6 image added 3/31/13

jbp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love concise explanations with screencaps. Thank you!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where the Custom editing mode comes into play. Just click the Settings tab in the New Sequence dialog, select "Custom" from the Editing Mode drop down, and set your parameters to suit.

For example:

custom.png

Be sure to use the Save Preset button at the bottom after you're done customizing in order to easily create a sequence later using these settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it doesn't quite work that way on my system. But your answer did lead me down the right path.

When I go to the settings in the new sequence dialogue box there is no option for "custom".

But there is "desktop".

So I chose desktop and found that I could make the manual adjustments necessary and then save

them to a new "custom" sequence preset.

But already my faith in Premiere Pro as being a professional edit system is shaken as there are plenty

of presets for 720x480 but none for 720x486. If you are editing for broadcast, going out to digibeta, 720x486

is the standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there is "desktop".

You're on CS5, which you didn't mention. CS5.5 changed the name to "Custom." Same difference.

But already my faith in Premiere Pro as being a professional edit system is shaken as there are plenty

of presets for 720x480 but none for 720x486. If you are editing for broadcast, going out to digibeta, 720x486

is the standard.

Why? No tapeless formats work at 720x480; only tape-based video does, and you need third-party hardware in order to ingest from those. If this is enough to rattle you on Premiere Pro, you're gonna hate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do when the option to change the editing mode is greyed out?  (see below)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You make a custom sequence.

Copy content from old sequence to this new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much - that worked.  Next question!!!  Is there any way of exporting the whole together, or do you have to export each sequence and then combine them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nest everything in one main seqeunce and export that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really really reeeeeeally sad. We are talking about professional people, not some ammateurs who need to be guided through editing. If I want a crazy size to create a vertical custom panel for a store I should be able to do it, AFTER the sequence (codec, frame rate, etc) is created using the "drag to icon" trick. Final Cut Pro does that since forever, I can change anything, anytime. The phrase "you can't" must be erased from informatic. If I can imagine something, I should be able to do it. Enough with this preset bs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are responding to a thread that is 5 years old.

You are able to change sequences after the fact ever since (not sure) version 2014.

Might want to have a look here first:

Adobe Premiere Pro help topics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and am entirely frustrated with this issue. I should be able to crop to any dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huh?

Did you read say Ann's comments in response to Kaputz?

There's plenty of stuff to complain about, most of us have our things to do so with. But complaining about an old dead issue is just bizarre.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! this was the most helpful comment and so easy once you know where to look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, may I ask about the correct sequence settings?

In the event where I need to compile a video from multiple sources of cameras, how do I keep to ensure the sequence is right?

I have recently tried to compile a video without taking note of the sequence, and the photos and videos I imported seems to lose the sharpness and clarity.

I have attached the link to my original post with videos for better illustration.

Video/Photo quality got compressed after importing and even exporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines