• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio plays in timeline when opening project again

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I updated to 12.1.0 Build 186 and have an audio problem when starting premiere each day.

When I try and play the timeline, there is no audio. I can see waveforms on the clip in the timeline, tracks are not muted, video plays fine. There is nothing showing on the audio meters and nothing comes out of the speakers.

If I load a clip into the source window, it plays fine; I can hear it and the audio meters go up and down.

Back to the timeline, and the problem persists. But I have discovered that all I have to do is mute any track and then unmute it for the audio to start playing. I have not experimented to see if this is a project specific problem but I wonder if anyone else has this issue?

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, same here.

My work around is similar, but for me, I stay away from 'Mute' as 'no history logged', I Solo, scrub and un-Solo

for me, I continually update .wav files - repair in Audition, and 'save over same file name. Premiere Pro updates .wav fairly quickly, but gets complicated when numerous source sequences populating main timeline. The source sequences updated, but the main timeline would need audio workaround.

So, saving project, closing, opening, gave me same as you - no audio until workaround

i have since started new project, similar structure, but opening project audio seems good so far, but many source sequences populating main timeline and updating audio in Audition, gives me similar issues.

I do not do new 'open PP sequences in Audition' as video not supported and I work in Spectral display, not Multitrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Did you start this project on a previous version of premiere ?

If so I suggest you delete all previous preview files and auto save

as well as clean media cache

Let me know if that helps

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stephenmontgomery,

Sorry for this. You may want to add your voice to this bug report: Fix latest sound bug which mutes soundtracks randomly when Premiere is opened. – Adobe video & audio...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines