• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound in program monitor

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an issue that's been coming up regularly the last couple of weeks.

All of a sudden into a project, or when I open one, I can't get any sound during playback in the program monitor. Most of the times there are no sound, sometimes an individual audio track got sound. Though I got sound in the source monitor when double clicking the clip in the timeline.

I get around by duplicating the sequence and opening the duplicated one, then everything sounds as it should. I got both the original and the duplicated sequence in the timeline windows, and when switching between them there are still no sound in the original but in the duplicated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately none of this worked. I even opened up the project on a colleagues computer, and the issue remains.

In one project, I got the speaker in audio track 1 and background music in audio track 2. There's sound in track 2 but none in track 1. When I drag the speaker clip into track 2 there's sound from the clip.

So it doesn't seem to be computer nor clip related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, open project and no sound.

I solo track, scrub (just to hear scrub sound to know that there is sound) then click solo off

probably don't even need to scrub, maybe some have scrub turned off in Preferences. I just scrub for a quick listen so that I know the sound is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same for me. Can we have a solution please that doesn't involve duplicating a sequence as that is time consuming and totally unnecessary IMO

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the sequence you're having the audio problem with, what happens if you use the menu function;

Sequence>Render Effects In to Out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Nothing happens when I render. The audio still stays silent

Alex

ALEX PINKETT (Producer/Editor/Camera)

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same problem. To be clear, the audio plays in the source monitor for new clips. It just suddenly stops playing from the timeline/source monitor. Meters show no audio levels either. But audio track is visibly present, and there is no apparent explanation ie mute, or solo etc. Seems pretty much like a bug. Especially since duplicating the sequence works to restore it. 

Thank you for the workaround suggestion of making a copy of the sequence!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still happens to me, but just want to point out Dummergold's workaround above.

Instead of duplicating it you can solo and then unsolo the audio track that's not working, and you get your sound back.

Like this if it helps, comment if it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe get your act together this is ridiculous never had so many problems. This one is terrible.  This one is terrible  seriously thinking of going to Final Cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to copy my original sequence and paste it into a new sequence (Not duplicated) but now it's good to go.

I relaunched Premiere a few times. Restarted my computer. I duplicated the timeline which mirrored the problem. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines