• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Exporting the Timeline

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pissed! I just sat here for five hours editing videos and exporting the new files for upload. I uploaded all of them and then just happened to check one of the edited files, not one time did Premiere export the edited file. It exported all the original files instead of the timeline. 5 f***ing hours wasted! I want the old version back. I have never experienced this problem before and never even thought to check the files.

That's not the only issue with the updated version. The wave files are not matching the audio. I'm very angry right now. I have three projects due next week. I can usually finish all of them in two days. With this problem, it looks like I'm working the weekend with uncertain results.

Premiere Pro 2024 build 58. Win 11. Simply loading a file in to the timeline produces the wave issue and exporting the timeline produces the export issue. I would expect the wave to match the audio and to export the timeline not the original file.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving it to Discussions for troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can always be problems for some users on new major versions ... and I do understand the pain!

Which is why I learned this years ago from other users: never, ever, migrate to a new major version without testing!

The Adobe CC setup actually makes this easy, as we can have mulitple versions installed at any time. In Resolve, you can't ... so testing means either setting up on a different machine, or uninstalling, installing new to test, uninstalling, reinstalling previous version to get some work done ... a freaking hassle.

First, all users should go to the CC app Preferences and deselect "remove prior versions" option. As a starter.

Unfortunately, for new major versions, such as 23.x to 24.x, the dialog box that pops up always has the option to remove prior version and it is default set to on. I've argued with staffers about that for years, that is to me a NASTY thing to do to users!

So ... keep your old versions when you install a new one ... always.

Next, when you install a new major version, on first launch, hold shift key down and "remove all cache files" or whatever the option is called.

Next ... create a NEW project in the new version. Now from that new project, go to the MediaBrowser panel.

Select a previous project, right-click and "import" that project's assets into the new version project.

And test how the new version works on your machine, with your media, plugins/effects, and workflow. Only when it works fine, do you actually move to working in it.

This process leaves the old version installed, the project file untouched. Which means that you can, quickly, easily, without losing anything ... just keep working. And test updates to the new version, so when it is stable on your machine, you can migrate.

Just practical wisdom about working in any type of program on a computer.

As to your specifics, I'm not sure what you mean specifically by "wave files not matching the audio" ... so some more information, and we might be able to help troubleshoot your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences and/or reseting your workspace?
Reset your preferences by holding shift+alt (or option) when you launch Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, after a day of calming down, I was able to troubleshoot the issue. Just before exporting I would click on the file in the bin. I noticed that when I went to the export screen, it would polulate the title into the save so I didn't need to retype it. I didn't know it would export the original file, but that's what happenend. However, the other issue does still exist and it makes editing very difficult. The audio wave does not match the video. I'm seeing dead air on the wave when there's audio from my speakers, and vice versa (no audio when the wave shows there is).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I recall, exports from tge bin don't get the changes you have made in a sequence in the timeline panel.

Those changes are stored as metadata on that specific sequence, not to the clip.

You can select the clip on a sequence, export only that clip, and it will include corrections and effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines