Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback and export glitch

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a recurring issue with Premiere Pro 2021 where it randomly decides to glitch my footage. The raw footage has no issues at all with it, completely smooth and no glitching, but when I try to put them into Premiere to edit random glitches start to occur.

There is no pattern to the glitches, but once it decides that this part of my footage is going to have a glitch there is no way to stop it, even deleting and re-inserting the footage.

I have had a look around online to try and find some form of answer or reason as to why this is happening, and that brought me to two resolutions: delete the media cache files and update Premiere Pro. Well, the cache files are gone and the software is all up to date, but the glitches remain.

Now, the oddest thing is that sometimes, in the playback editor, the glitches are gone, and I think the problem is solved. But as soon as i export the glitches are back, right where they randomly showed up. I'd really like some form of answer, solution, or just someone online who can help me sort this out.

To clarify: Premiere is up-to-date on my computer, the RAW files are clean, the media cache has been deleted, sometimes I can get rid of the glitches in preview playback, but they are always present in the exported file. 

Files I'm editing:
Camera - Sony A7Siii

Codec - Xavc-s 4k 10bit 25fps

My computer:
iMac 2021, M1

Memory: 16gb

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Good evening Arnar,

A little after hours help for you here! Sorry, this is a known issue for Sony cameras on the M1 Macs. You can run in Rosetta mode, roll back, or check out the latest beta. Sorry about this bummer. Let me know if I can help any other way.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a video were you can see the glitch over the waterfall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I'm not sure what format and settings you've used to export with, but any luck if you export to a different format/codec? Try something like ProRes?  

Hopefully someone who uses this camera will recognize this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Phillip,

It's an M1 vs. Sony issue. Affecting a lot of people. It's fixed in the beta. 

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you. Now that you say it I have seen a few similar posts about it. Now I know the answer just in time for it to be fixed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening Arnar,

A little after hours help for you here! Sorry, this is a known issue for Sony cameras on the M1 Macs. You can run in Rosetta mode, roll back, or check out the latest beta. Sorry about this bummer. Let me know if I can help any other way.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin! 
How do I get the latest Premiere beta? In my creative cloud account it says ''up to date''.

Best, Arnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind I found it in the CC. And it works!!

Thanks a lot for your help! Let's hope the updated version of premiere pro (not beta) will release soon 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix the problem? I'm having the same issue. What do you mean that you found it in the CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I am having the exact same issue with the exact same equipment.

How do you download the BETA version of PP?

Thanks so much

Danny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dannyc18940357 ,

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

I think you have already downloaded the beta and confirmed that the issue is fixed there in another post.

Thanks for the confirmaton.
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so it's April 2022 - 7 months since Kevin said Adobe were working on a fix!!!!! The problem still exists across M1 Macs. What is going on over there Adobe????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richy,

Sorry. Can you check out the beta? I hope you'll get a better performance there. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you try to nest the parts that are causing you issue ? 

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, same results 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a M1 Mac Mini, I think the solution is change the open to open using Intel processing as I describe in some place here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same random problem here. I'm using M1 mac mini...

It started to occur after 15.4 update. When I was using it by Rosseta, the program was showing other bugs (many differents!), but not this nightmare...

I'm using original footage from sony cameras, then, when we export it, this is tragic! The worst problem happens when I'm playing my tv show here, on VLC,  in my workstation, and everythings seens ok! But when I send it to television my MXF files appears corrupted. So, we don't know when the problem will happen on tv tv, for example... 

Please, solve this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I forgot to mention that this bug is more common when I'm using some apple pro res 4444 media inside a sequence with mxf sony media. All media with alpha channel blinks (intermittent and variable) after export. 

But, export without media containing alpha, I've had similar problems...

My projects also show many differente bugs with .mxf:

- Thumbnail turns white when apply lumetri in master properties;
- When use lumetri ina. nested sequece, the same happens, everything turns into white;
- Some native effects does't work, the preview also is white...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got a clue! The problem is exactly use Premiere by Apple M1 update. When I change the app to open using Intel, many bugs dessapear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have Premier on my Apple M1. I don't have an Intel :(. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's that! Can you change this as I shown in my screen capture? Does it appears in your Creative Cloud App? When you choose Intel, Adobe Premiere runs using Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think it worked!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BrookeSoto 

What worked for you ? Was it the beta build ?  

Which camera files are you working with ?

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the camera files but what worked for me was opening Premiere with the Intel setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, Brother! 
Here I changed to open using Intel and worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines