• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP CC 2018 Project Opens Empty

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a 2017 project in 2018 the project opens completely empty.  I can still open the project normally in 2017 but when I open the project in 2018 after agreeing to convert the project the entire thing is empty.  No clips, sequences, nothing.  Anyone know how to work around this?

Thank you in advance.

Carlo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my files are opening empty, what is this trash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a new projecy and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi giotron,

If the issue persists even after trying the step Ann Bens suggested, create a new project in 2018 version & import the old project file into the new project.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of the Project panel.

post+screendump.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also having issues with all of my Premiere files opening empty. When I open the auto-saves some of them open as normal - however others are not, and I need to refer back to backup versions I have thankfully made. The problem being with the backups are dynamically linked to AE files that are also dynamically linked from the original Premiere file - total nightmare as I have lost all of my AE editting.

This does not seem to be related to any workspaces as I have tried the steps above. It as is the Premiere files are completely removing all content within as I noticed that the files sizes are 9kb and 29kb respectively?

Any update on this would be greatly appreciated as I am pushing to have a wedding video finished by next week !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamie Steel,

What is the exact dot version of Premiere Pro you are on? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Have you tried creating a new project, import the old project file & check the issue?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

I am using Premiere Pro CC - Build 12.11 (Build 10).

I also tried importing the file, but the contents still appear empty after the import.

Thanks

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamie Steel,

Please contact our chat support for further troubleshoot. Here are the steps: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any resolution to all this. I have tried all the steps above. No matter what, I get blank workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import project instead of opening.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same problem. Import whatever your gonna work on(in my case it was a timelapse and I selected the first image and check image sequence do it in one file) then I just dragged that one timelapse to all the workspaces and boom problem fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2

Tried all the above.... + uninstalled and reinstall Premiere.

Didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find a way to solve this.

Go in Finder Window open : The Home Folder (the one with your name) / Documents / Adobe / 13.0 / Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save

You should find your saved files for your project.

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That gives the autosave, but it does not solve the problem from happening to the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved my project to the creative cloud folder to have it in the cloud. I'm running Mac OS Mojave (10.14.3) and Premiere CC2019 13.02

The project opens empty, nothing inside, no error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, have this issue. Windows. Reset preferences did not work. Import did not work. Lost weeks of work.
Hopefully a solution soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with my project panel not opening at all. I tried the "reset saved workspace" that was mentioned by Adobe Staff and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines