• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier not opening any save files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked on a large project and put roughly 20 hours in and today when saving the project and re-opening, Premier has a loading project screen and then closes. I have attempted to open Auto Saves and previous saves and received the same thing. I updated my Premier app on my computer and worked, but after closing and reopening, I realized the same issue happened. I am now stuck and cannot open any of my saves. I have included a video that shows the issue I am having.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

I was able to talk to Adobe Support, and the person that helped me was awesome.  After doing the following, I was able to open my saved projects.  I have to reconfigure my layout and settings, but I can live with that. I hope this helps you as well.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/preferences.html#:~:text=To%20restore%20default%20preference%20settings%20and%20plug%2Din%20cache%20at,when%20the%20splash%20screen%20appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing, and I'm on a Mac Pro.  The workaround that I used was starting a new project and then import the saved project. It still sucks because who wants to keep creating a new project to open the current project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that workaround and loading the new project shuts down Premier. This is very frustrating and have tried everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would save a lot more to prevent this. Not sure about a fix maybe try moving the file around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is I can not reload any save prior to a ~3-hour mark. So all those saves and autosaves won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major problem. It's hard to believe that Adobe didn't catch this, and are they not seeing this post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is primarily user-to-user peer support, it is NOT monitored by the engineers.

To get to the engineers, use their UserVoice system ... that goes directly to their systems, and is read & logged in by at least one engineer. Plus, all posts there are collated and sent to the upper managers who determine budgets. Those folk live by metrics ... so give them some metrics.

Give ALL the data ... you computer, specs, OS, media, and workflow steps.

And fwiw ... on Win10, not getting any issue at all. Most Mac users I know aren't either. So it's some small subset, oft a harder thing then to puzzle out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm chatting with them on the issue now.  Something this bad should be monitored by them.  just my 2 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... "this bad" depends entirely on how many users are suffering, of course. This is a small subset, and so wouldn't get the emphasis that something affecting far more users would get.

And yea, I've got a couple things on file with them that are rather to the niche side of things. They recognize the problem, but ... it's not a big thing to most other users. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support team was very helpful in fixing my issue.  I like to do major customization to my layout.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When searching on the web about this issue, specifically when this happened yesterday I have noticed several of posts/threads about this issue, and about 90% were similar to mine without any Adobe fix. I have sent a UserVoice to the link -(https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41700490-premier-not-openin...).

I usually am able to or at least find a way to fix most issues that I come across with Adobe, but if I cannot get this resolved soon I  may have to find alternatives until Adobe patches. I am not threatening to leave Adobe, but rather voice that with the amount of money the service costs there should be someone on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to talk to Adobe Support, and the person that helped me was awesome.  After doing the following, I was able to open my saved projects.  I have to reconfigure my layout and settings, but I can live with that. I hope this helps you as well.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/preferences.html#:~:text=To%20restore%20default%20pref....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will have to try reconfiguring my layout and follow the link. Were you able to open your save up afterwords? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am... after the reset, I am able to open all saved projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Here is what eventually worked (all my projects are production files). I should note, in case it's relevant, I did both options by previous poster - hold down alt while opening project, and hold down Shift + Alt to clear catch and restore defaults.
Then:
Go to Auto-save, open a previous version (after many failed attempts to open an auto save (10+) the only thing I did differently the last time that it DID open was I started an OBS screen recording to document the issue, and whalla - magically opened. In open project, SAVE AS new Pproj in a new location outside of the production. Then create a copy of that in file explorer and move the duplicate into the production folder. New project backup now opens successfully inside production. (minus anything not captured by the auto-save). 

Adobe please fix so this doesn't happen again! I'm in Version 15 on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I'm still getting the error on projects that are saved using a dual monitor setup.  I created an untitled.prproj file saved to my desktop and once I open it I can open any project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added a short video to show the problem.  Am I the only one?

I just saw that version 15 is available,  I will upgrade and give that a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone that cares.... wink, wink

After doing the upgrade this issue has been resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is back.  Anyone else getting this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines