• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2021 (15.2) hang then crashes on splash screen

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into an issue with Premiere Pro 15.2 on my M1 Mac mini running Big Sur 11.4. I had a project open and walked away from the computer. When I came back, I tried to drag in footage (.mp4).  The program immediately crashed. When I tried to start it back up again, it froze on the splash screen. I didn't get any of the quick flashing text to show it was loading plug-ins, etc. It just hung on the static splash screen.

I tried:

• opening it from the menu without the project thinking that was the issue
  • opening the current Beta 22.0 on its own which I also had installed

Both had the same issue. As soon as they hit the splash screen, Activity Monitor shows that they are not responding. Then I tried:

• uninstall/reinstall of 15.2
  • restarted computer
  • Opened After Effects, Media Encoder, and Illustrator which all worked fine
  • deleted preferences
  • tried 14.9
  • ran repair for Adobe CC Desktop app
  • ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool for Premiere
  • created a new user and tried to open it from there
  • tried signing out of CC and signing back in
  • Uninstalled Premiere, Premiere Beta, and all versions of Media Encoder then reinstalled without Beta versions

Every time it's the same. I've submitted several crash reports and I haven't found a solution anywhere. At this point I've basically tried everything I could come up with short of a clean install (which I did last week due to synch issues) and Premiere still will not open. I desperately need to get into the program for work so if anyone has any fixes, I'd love to hear them.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I've now tried a clean install of Adobe CC and the same thing happens. I'm completely unable to access Premiere. I don't even get an option to send a crash log. 

All other Adobe apps are still working fine. 

Last resort right now is to wipe everything from the computer and start fresh but hoping there is a more reasonable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John!

Sorry about that. We have an article that suggests some suggestions. Please check here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-troubleshoot-premiere-pro-crash-at-launch/td-...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Katika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. The Adobe troubleshooting guide does not solve the issue. I'm on a  Mac Mini M1 on Big Sur 11.5 and now 11.6. The only solution I have found is to reinstall the OS. But that takes a while and is not a solution. Then Premiere (and the new Beta) works until the computer is shutdown. Then it won't open, crashing on the Splash page before anything loads. Unistalling all Adobe programs and resinstalling does nothing. Pulling plugins out of the Content/Plugins/Common file does nothing. I've submitted probably 10 - 20 crash reports.  Photoshop and After Effects are not effected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followup - I deleted a bunch of old LaunchDaemon and LaunchAgents related to license verification software for some LogicPro plugins, and a smart cards reader, restarted and now the Premiere is opening. So it looks like maybe there is a conflict with another background app that would run at startup. I don't know 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I delete LaunchDaemon and LaunchAgents ? having the same crash issue an no idea how to fix it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are in the user library (not the system library). But unfortunately this morning it wouldn't open again. 

Time to switch to Final Cut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines