• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE 23.1 - Issue/Bug (Can't Drag Assets or bins within project panel)

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Same issue as post noted at bottom of email. 

Updated from 22.5 to 23.1 (Mac OS v12.0 M1) everyting was working well and was happy to see improved performace in exports via AME. But, re-opened project this am and within minutes couldn't modify/move any assets in project panel. I did use console to turn off the auto-on for "Selection follows playhead" but from reading other review I don't think that caused it. 

I deleted cache and restart, didn't help. Leaned out project carrying over only one sequence, which helped for about 10 minutes and then project panel contents were frozen again. Didn't have time to toubleshoot anymore and now back on 22.5. 

Please let me know if there are any reliable solves. 

Thanks!

Other posting: "Can't drag assets or bins within the project panel (v.23.1)"

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also unable to move around my assets in the proiject panel. This happens randomly for me and usually when I start up the program. The fix for me is to just quit the application and then reopen it, but it does it all the time, at least once or twice a day and is super fustrating. I only notice it when I add a new asset or duplicate a sequence and then go to move that asset into another bin and it wont let me drag and drop it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mods should probably move this to bugs forum.

I've also had this issue (intel mac) which seemed to be new in v23 but restarting the app has so far resolved it every time.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched online to find this issue as I've recently come across a similar issue. (I work at Adobe). In your case, can you remember if you were working with an undocked Project Panel? I've seen cases where this can cause the issue you have described. I've got a couple temporary workarounds that you can try while we dig deeper into a full solution. Re-docking to Project Panel - then undocking again can help. Also, launching Pr before you open the Project should also help. Please LMK if these workarounds help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently fond that it only does this for me if Premiere is not currently open and I double click a project and that opens Premiere. If I open Premiere first and then open a project I have no problem. The project panel is docked in both cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, since you work at Adobe, I would love to get your eyes on this issue a lot of us have been having. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/major-timeline-problem-with-premiere-2023-fo...

Much appriciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines