• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere / After Effects / Media Encoder all suddenly running super-slow.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large project on the go, utilizing graphics from AE and 3 cameras (Black Magic 6K, FX6, A7sii) and suddenly the project save times and export times are becoming barely usable. Everything plays on the timeline fine, but saving or exporting seems to have issues.

I have tried the same project on another almost identical machine and everything is running perfectly, using the same drive. 

Shared assets have all been localised, they were previously on a pCloud drive. This didn't seem to have any effect.

After Effects: Save times are around a minute.

Media Encoder: Incredibly long export times to H264. Any export that makes it to 100% will hang on '1 second remaining' for around 20 minutes before compiling all the H264 files together.

I tested a previously exported H264 also, just encoding it to another H264 for a smaller file size. This took around an hour, but it took 5 minutes on the 2nd machine. 

Premiere: Export times are ridiculously long. Timeline operation is fine.

Adobe Programs all up to date

RTX 3080 & 1080TI

64GB RAM (52GB reserved for Adobe)

6TB USB 3.0 HDD

Any help on known issues with latest versions, or hardware compatibility, benchmark tests etc would be hugely appreciated. Deadline is looming!

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Sorted! I was using HFS+ software and just tried an MacDrive Pro trial and it works perfectly!

Panic over, on with the work...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a HDD issue. Tried different cables, SS10 & standard ports, no change.

Saving to C Drive is immediate, saving to this external HDD takes over 1 minute. But the same HDD works fine on another machine. The drive is HFS+ formatted.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting an external HDD appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorted! I was using HFS+ software and just tried an MacDrive Pro trial and it works perfectly!

Panic over, on with the work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines