• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere blocks "adaptive noise reduction" for some 5.1-clips - What is the reason?

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering, why the effect "adaptive noise reduciton" cannot be applied to all the 5.1 audio clips. For some of the clips, it works, for others premiere says: The effect can be applied only to stereo clips. But in fact the effect works fine for some 5.1 clips which have the same file format, in the same project, captured with the same camera....

Has anybody an idea? Thanks!

Adaptive Noise.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the clip properties for the audio for the two sections. Did PrPro import one as stereo, the other as mono or adaptive? Also, the Sequence settings audio setup ... is one built using stereo, the other mono/adaptive?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil,

thanks for your reply! I have looked for the settings of both the audio clips (right click > settings), which seem to be exactly the same.

With the Sequence-setting I am not sure:

If I click sequence > sequence settings, the audio type is grayed out.

But if I right click on the sequence in the explorer and then "settings", the information "stereo" is shown.

So I am not sure if there went anything wron? I hope this information helps, see screenshots below:

Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click the clips in the Project panel. Then go to Modify/Audio Channels, and see what it shows in this box:

In this clip, it shows that PrPro sees this clip from my GH3 as a stereo clip. If you click the drop-down arrow by the Clip Channel Format box, you get the following options:

There you can change how PrPro 'sees' the clip. You can change it there, but once on a timeline, I think that 'sticks' for that clip on that timeline. See if it shows the clips as different there in that dialog.

Also, for clips on the timeline, you can right-click a clip, go to "Audio Channels" and see what it shows for that sequence. Same box. But you can't change the audio channel type on the sequence use of a clip ... that's grayed out. You can only change which Media Source Channel is used for which input/output.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just checked the settings for both clips in the project panel and in the timeline. As you correctly said: If the audio channels are changed in the project panel, the changes will be valid only for all clips which are inserted aferwards to the timeline. The clips which are already in the timeline will be not changed.

I found something interesting: In the project panel, the clip 272 (where the "adaptive noise reduction" works) is interpreted in the timeline different than in the project panel. (Although i never made never there any changes) Here is Rs=LFE and LS=C,

The 488 clip has in the project panel and the timeline the same and correct allocation. Strangely here can be "adaptive noise reduction" applied...

timeline, panel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the time it turned out, that to some of my 5.1 audio clips it is even not possible to apply an equalizer. This is really sad. I have no idea any more what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you Dropbox a sample of a good and bad clip for us to look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Richard M Knight,

thank you for your reply. The issue is at the moment already at the adobe support. But of course I can give you a sample. I created a project with ONE videoclip. The videoclip is 2 times in the timeline. One time I can apply the effect, one time not. This is really strange. The only difference is: The clip where it works, was already draged to the timeline some weeks ago.

The other was just today draged and dropped to the timeline. And I notice that also in my current project: Only the clips which had been draged to the timeline some weeks ago work fine...

Here is the project and the videoclip:

https://adobe.ly/2AgxFMa

Testproject.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NangaParbat,

Are you still seeing this issue? Let us know how it's going.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin-Monahan,

how can I handle this issue now? The german Adobe-Support told me to wait for an answer but since 2 weeks I have heard nothing. Would be great to get an information from Adobe.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NangaParbat,

I just escalated your case. Kindly contact me via PM if you do not hear back from our agents in 48 hours.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

ok, all right, thank you very much for your answer! I will wait as you told and contact you again if necessary.

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin-Monahan,

thanks for your reply! Yes, the issue has not been solved yet. I am still waiting for feedback from the Adobe support (was on 3rd January). After they couldn´t help in the chat, I was told to wait for feedback via e-mail, but till today I have heard nothing...

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the very same clip in the timeline: One time it works, one time not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines