• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Captions - Unable to Add New

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is not allowing me to add new captions.  I start with a new project, add one clip to sequence, add captions (have tried 608 & Open Captions), drop it on sequence and double-click on captions.  Caption panel comes up but it is impossible to get any captions to show up in Captions panel to actually add/edit captions.  Watched multiple videos on adding captions and do exactly same thing but captions do not show up in captions panel.

Using Premiere Pro 2017.0.1 V11.0 Build 11.0.1 (6)

Based on my trying to find a work around for hours, I am suspicious this is a product bug but seems to be big issue to be a real bug so looking for help as am really stuck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi coreyh,

Sorry that you have this issue!

Caption panel comes up but it is impossible to get any captions to show up in Captions panel to actually add/edit

Do you see a blank Captions panel?

This might help:

If you see a blank Captions panel, which is grayed out, right click on the caption in the Timeline and see if you're able to add a new caption.

Here is the video for reference: captions - YouTube

Let us know if that helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, that does not solve the problem.  I can right click on the caption in my sequence and choose Add Caption which puts a caption in sequence display but still nothing shows up in the Captions panel and hence I can't actually put any text in for the caption.  It seems that every road leads to needing the captions panel and no combination of steps gets that done.  I continuing to try to look for work-arounds before having to abandon Premiere over what would seem like a pretty significant bug.

Any additional suggestions welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure this out either. I have to use YouTube's caption option instead now, but I'd like to hear if anyone can make this work out in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sebastian,

I have no problem with this issue. Since this is a very old thread, I suggest starting a new one.

Either way, post a screenshot of the Caption panel and timeline.

If you are seeing a caption in the stream on the Timeline and not seeing a caption in the Caption Panel, you can try resetting the workspace (Window -> Workspaces -> Reset to Saved Layout) and/or resetting Preferences (start Premiere while holding down alt and shift).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t add new captions too. I don`t see a plus for adding new captions in open/closed captions.

I really don`t know what can I do.

Screenshot 2021-08-06 at 15.36.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread about the pre-PR2021 captions. You are using the new caption workflow in PR2021...

Your Text Panel is not wide neough. Make it wider, or look for the "Add New Caption Segment" in the 3 dots...

See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/add-captions-button-disappeared/m-p/12217187#M359693

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stan is correct ... the new workflow is COMPLETELY different, and this thread is no longer applicable. For anyone with captions issues in PrPro 2021/15.2 and later, look for newer threads or start a new one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines