Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC2017 New Type Tool Error

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I click the new type tool, in any project premiere gives me a lot of errors and reports. I am working in windows 10 with 32GB memory and a Geforce GTX 980 on an Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHZ

One time it gave an error listing a bunch of Fonts I have installed in my PC.

But generally the error that gives me the most is the following:

"A low-level exception occured in: AE.ADBE text (GPUVideoFitler::Render)"

"A low-level exception occured in: AE.ADBE text (GetFrameDependencies)"

Untitled-1.jpg

This is very sad since this feature was the one I was expecting the most.

Solutions???

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having almost the same problem...

Premiere Pro 2017.1.1 v11.0 – 11.1.1 (15) Build is unusable. No video in editing. Video from OBS 19.0.2 64-bit. The videos were working prior to Premiere update. Uninstall, remove prefs, reinstall still a problem.

Low-level error in AE.ADBE Text (GPUVideoFilter::GetFrameDependencies) There will be 30+ occurrences and some (GPUVideoFilter::Render) errors. I have no image in Project window. Same as StatonW's post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the exact same bug with Premiere Pro here as well (Windows 10, PP 2017.1.2 V11.0, Oasis)

- Low-level exception occurred in: AE.ADBE Text (GPUVideoFitler::GetFrameDependencies) 

I've tried over with a clean project and still no joy.

Anybody resolve this or develop a workaround yet?

I'm new to Premiere Pro from FCP and this bug is pretty nearly a total show stopper.

Thanks,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The short answer here is to switch from the GPU renderer to the software only renderer (File > Project Settings > General). But I'd recommend trying a different display card driver. Try updating to the latest driver first, and if no change... try rolling back to an earlier version. Lastly, does this problem only occur with 3rd party fonts or all fonts (try testing with Arial)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

"The short answer here is to switch from the GPU renderer to the software only renderer (File > Project Settings > General)." There is no GPU listed under Project Settings> General.

Every time I click on the type tool, up comes the low-level exception error. What does this error message mean?

It happens with all fonts. I can't create any type at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, I definitely want to spend a couple hours figuring out what the — a display card driver is and updating it, to fix Adobe's — software problem. Thanks guys, you really have your pulse on how your customers want to spend their working hours. Glad you have a near-monopoly on all this. Keep up the great work!

Mod note: Profanity removed. Profanity is not allowed as we have younger people reading these forums. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Extensis Suitcase... 

I had taken one of the fonts I used in Premiere offline with Suitcase (I am on Windows 10). Restored it and the problem went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines