Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CS5 takes 5 minutes to start up

May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When loading PPro CS5 - my splash screen gets stuck on "Loading ExporterQuickTimeHost" -- for, really, about five minutes.  This is not an exaggeration.  I've timed it multiple times.  The shortest was four and a half minutes, the worst about seven minutes.

After Effects does the same thing -- stuck on "Loading MediaCore."  About the same time delays.

Photoshop and InDesign load without issue.

My system is a three month old Intel i7 with 8 gigs of DDR3 ram along wth an unsupported NVIDIA graphics card with more CUDA cores than the lowest supported card.  Meaning, this isn't some ancient awful system.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I had, however, blocked  Premiere from accessing the internet (I don't need it to, so that's my  default security policy) only it wasn't actually asking for access to  the internet (I realise now) it was merely asking for access to the  local subnet."

You do not need the patches that are released?

Help>Updates launches the Adobe Updater which is all that needs internet access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, Adobe support has proven that the problem is around my user profile. When I have created a new user on my Mac Pro and gave it Admin prevs, both apps (AE and Premier Pro) woke up real quick. Support guy asked me to uninstall the QT server before I created the new user though.

No idea, what was wrong with my original Administrator ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add myself to the list of users with this problem. I have been using CS5 Production Premium on my new machine for about 6 weeks without any issues. Just today I decided to run the adobe updater for the first time, and yes, i had to update every application.

Now, premiere Pro CS5 is taking around 7 minutes to boot up, when it used to take about 2 seconds.

I've allowed the 3 program executables to my firewall, and tried closing processes, but the point is - This program was working fine without any issues...until I ran the updater!! I have not changed any other windows 7 Settings or modified any programs, just updated premiere from the base install to the latest version.

All other adobe programs, including Ae are booting up fine without any issues.

Some system Details:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

12 GB Ram, i7-970

Antivirus: AVG Free.

Quicktime: Latest version,  Version 7.6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best guess, Alf, is to clear out the rules of your firewall (you don't

say which make) for everything (except the stuff that's still working) and

(maybe after a reboot? just to be 'safe') launch premiere pro again and let

it ask permissions of your firewall afresh.

Failing that re-train your firewall from scratch?

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact same problem except my Premiere Pro never ended up loading. I would leave it on all night at in the morning it would still say "Loading ExporterQuickTimeHost".

I found this forum and tired everything people suggested, I even disabled my firewall and antivirus entirely. Still nothing. I sat there scratching my head for hours. Then I thought what have a changed between when it did work and when it didn't. I looked at my recently installed programs and changes I have made to my computer. I had installed Spyware Doctor but I had totally disabled it since then. But I had a hunch and totally uninstalled it, restarted and IT WORKED! So something still must've been running the background from Spyware Doctor blocking the connection.

If something has stopped working that used to work always look at things you have changed on your computer no matter how irrelevant you think they may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the "ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm" still exists.  I have been down for 3 days now.  No matter how long I wait Premiere will not start.  Has anyone come up with a solution yet.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you shut off UAC and disabled all of the MSCONFIG

startup items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Same thing happens on my Mac.  OS X 10.6.7, QT 7.6.6.  Gets stuck at the same Quicktime component described here.  Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2011 Apr 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slow, painfully slow start-up is very common if you are running a firewall. Turn it off, and PP will load in a few seconds.

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the fix, disable yer wireless network or network.  This tells AE and PP that yer not on a network.

Also, not a bad idea to shut off any antivirus or similiar programs, firewall, etc.

Happy editing

ltdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Beavdog--simple, quick, and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and for my case the solution was simple and if you had not yet found any solution, this is exactly what I did: I unistaled premiere and quicktime, but, most important, I unistaled any codec packs I had. You got to eliminate every codec pack you have that are not microsoft's codecs. Then I restarted the machine. After that I reinstaled premiere and instaled version 7.55 of quicktime and restarted again. Then it's just make sure you have every quicktime and adobe processes/programs enabled and unblocked and it should fine.

I don't know about newer versions of quicktime vs. premiere but this is the one I got and it works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know if this makes any sense, but here is what i did to fix this issue. I noticed the attirbutes of my AppData folder were set to HIDDEN. i unhid that entire folder. then i also noticed that inside that folder are three folders. Local LocalLow and Roaming. in the Local Low folder is an Apple COmputer folder which had quicktime in it. in the Roaming folder is also an Apple Computer folder which was empty. so i copied the quicktime folder from the locallow folder into that one. I dont know which one of these operations did the trick, but both Premiere and AE opened normally after that! woohoo!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a quick and dirty solution that might work for you.

If during my logon session I have already opened and then subsequently closed Premiere Pro I noticed that there are still two copies of "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" and one copy of "dynamiclinkmanager.exe" running.

If your Premiere Pro gets stuck, go into task manager, and end proccess "Adobe Premiere Pro.exe", as well as the ones above. Then restart Premiere Pro and it should work fine. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh..I have been reading all these posts for two days now, turning off the firewall, re-installing the quicktime software, and still having the same issues. 

I had my computer starting to warn me of low space on my c drive,  an issue with a hidden folder C:\Users\Jordan\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files that was filled with temp files totaling over 250 gb of data, after finding and deleting, I tried opening Premiere Pro cS5, as I do everyday, and then it got stuck while trying to load exporterQuicktimeHost.prm it seems to halt the start up... it never opens.  I tried with  Encore and After effects all doing the similar acts... with after effects it finally opens after about ten minutes, but it slows at opening the mediacore.

I tried with Photoshop and the errror I get when opening the software is... "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occurred. Photoshop will now exit."  when I hit ok

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Pro...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application support team for more information.

Any suggestions on this?

I am running a HPz400 tower, windows 7, quicktime pro, 12 gig ram, fx5800 quadra video card.  CS5 5.03

Please help... any suggestions?  I am dying and a presentation is due that I have lsot two days on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have myriad problems, from the HDD space on C:\, to probable C++ Runtime issues with Windows. I would attack each, one at a time, and see if you can clear up the issues on your system.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wiped my entire computer, reinstalled the Windows 7 professional

software, reinstalled quicktime 7.7, and the adobe suite, everything

loaded EXCEPT PHOTOSHOP, AFTER EFFECTS AND PREMIERE.

What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a general CHECKLIST for installing most Adobe programs. Look over it, and see if you are doing everything in the list.

Also, are you installing from media, or from a download?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. I started reading this forum and a few others and got lost in all the jargon after about 10 minutes gave up and opened my task manager to end process and accidently closed Adobe QT32 Server.exe *32 and then it started up once the process ended since then it has got stuck on the same exporterquicktime blah blah blah from time to time and whenever I goto close that when it stuck it starts up. Hope this helps some of ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac users I figured out that you can get around this problem by trashing your preferences which are essentially 2 sets of files:

1: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Pro (the whole folder)

2: ~/Library/Preferences/com.Adobe.Premiere Pro.* (anything that starts with this)

restart and things should go fine. Also check your hosts file for irregularities just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on windows 10 laptop

I just got premiere pro cc 2015 and  it gets stuck at Loading ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spent 8 hours with this issue, CS5 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Tried firewallls, deleting prefs, QT fixes, permissions, new User...none of it.

My UGLY work around that DID work:
1) New User name (don't think that was necessary, but cleared up some permissions issues).

2) Before LAUNCHING, changed "Adobe QT32 Server" to "Adobe QT32 ServerBK" ----   Prog files > Adobe > Ad Prem CS5 > 32 >

This got me through initialization. Had tried this earlier... left the "BK" version, but when I tried to load a project it crashed. SO...
3) AFTER launch, with window asking you to open a particular file (or new, etc.)-- CHANGE back to "Adobe QT32 Server."

All is a pain, but quite well.
Learning patience... blessings on all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines