• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Export Glitching

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble exporting a video recently completed in Premiere Pro. The video plays normally all the way through in my timeline in Premiere and when I go to export, it will say video exported successfully, but when I go to play the exported file, it start out playing normally and then mid-way through playback, the video glitches out and freezes. I am exporting with the h.264 codec.

So far, I have tried all of the following solutions with no luck: simply re-exporting without changing settings, exporting in Media Encoder instead of Premiere, replacing the clip it glitches on, exporting with a different codec, copying all clips to a new Premiere project file, switching renderer from Metal to OpenCL, and exporting on a different computer.

I am using Premiere Pro 15.0.0. Is this a known issue with this version of Premiere?

System specs:

2017 iMac Pro

3.2 GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W

64 GB DDR4 Memory

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion. I may have actually just solved my own issue. I've been trying to export to a NAS network drive. I decided to try exporting directly to my desktop and that worked successfully. It may have been a network issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of the clip in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I may have actually just solved my own issue. I've been trying to export to a NAS network drive. I decided to try exporting directly to my desktop and that worked successfully. It may have been a network issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the tip. This worked for me too. I work off and export to my organization's NAS, but my exported h.264 kept freezing halfway through. Exporting to the deskop did the trick. This is not an acceptable solution and hopefully Adobe will fix it soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this same issue, and I found the same workaround helped in the short term (thanks for posting the update OP - these things really help!). That said, in the long term, exporting everything to a "local" drive isn't really a good solution for us - previous versions of Premiere never had this issue, its only been this latest version.

We rely on being able to export h264s to our NAS, so it's really worrying that this bug has crept in. Our other formats (ProRes, OP1A MXF, PNG etc) work fine, so I don't believe, at least in our case, it's a network issue. Any chance Adobe is looking into a fix for this? This is a game breaker preventing us from using the latest version, so would love to hear if it's a bug they're investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem.

I clicked ctrl+M, clicked export, result - jerky footage. Regardless any settings effect was the same.

Then tried another way - on export window I clicked "queue", then clicked play in encoder, boom - great footage, no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had this issue when exporting to a QNAP NAS. Interestingly, I don't have the issue when exporting a ProRes Quicktime - only H.264 MP4s. I replicated this on two different computers, and also have corrupt exports when using Media Encoder to convert the ProRes files to H.264. I agree that exporting to desktop is only a temporary solution, and hope that Adobe can address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@collinkriner @tomm24426693 Are you on a Mac, or on a PC? Wondering, if this is platform issue or not..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines