• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 12.1.1 Rotated Media

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a project shot on an Arri Alexa Mini.  Last week, after a 12 hour day of editing, Premiere crashed.  When I reopened, Premiere has started displaying all of my steady cam shots vertically, and showing their frame sizes as reversed.

Screenshot (57).png

All of the images in this bin should be the exact same frame size.  It seems that all of the shots that are incorrectly sized were shot with sensor flipped in camera.  The properties for each shot shows correctly, but the video info column shows incorrectly.

Screenshot (60).png

This is very frustrating, especially since everything was working properly before Premiere crashed.  I've tried several different copies of the footage on 2 different computers, with the same result.  When exporting the timeline into Resolve, everything looks as it should.  This is very frustrating.  I have so many speed ramps and have done so much color grading in Lumetri that its now counterproductive to move to Resolve.  I am able to rotate the footage but I now have less pixels so I have to export the timeline at a lower resolution than what it should be.  I had two different Adobe techs remote into my machine, but with all due respect, it seemed they knew less about how to resolve the problem than I did.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share your system specs please, os, etc ... ?

did you try updating your Graphics Card Driver ?

Did you try to contact Arri for any possible plugins required ?

ARRI Group: Searchable Downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my system spec:

Windows 10 64-Bit

i7-6820HK 2.70 GHz

64GB RAM

Dual GTX 1070 16GB VRAM

I did in fact try updating my GPU drivers to the latest and the problem persists.  I also tried searching for anything related on Arri's site and don't see anything.  Nor should I need anything, because I've been working with similar footage in Premiere with no issues, and spent an entire day with this same exact footage with no issues.  Its perplexing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a know bug i 12.1.1 and i opened a project that were created in 12.0 and all smartphone footage is rotated 180 degrees.

New Update Auto-Rotates Some Clips (Please vote!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your footage on a local drive or external ? better on local ...

did you try switching renderer ? do you have CUDA accelerated active ?

if its a confirmed bug, file it and we will vote

can you encode to different formats for now to finish your project ?

you can do that in Media Encoder, does ME also rotate your footage ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will for yours but we need a new report related o Arri Alexa Mini files as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, i added this thread to the comment field for my bug report hoping that it will bring even more attention to the Premiere Pro team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried footage both on a local drive and 2 separate external drives.  I have tried switching to software-only as well.  Media Encoder does read the footage as rotated so that wasn't an option either.  I finished the project by manually scaling up the incorrect shots and rotating them by 90 degreen, which was not ideal because they all had to be scaled to well over 100% so I had to sharpen them a bit to compensate for the softness.  This whole issue started while my client was sitting over  my shoulder by the way.  This has not been ideal at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I just ran into the same problem my set up is

MAC PRO 2013

PROCESSOR 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

MEMORY 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

GRAPHICAS AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

Im running  Premier Pro 12.1.2

Im running the material like always in external drive, it was shot in Alexa Mini the resolution is 2944 x 2160 aspect ratio 2.0 Anamorphic

and some of my content is perfectly correct and the other is the same resolution but inverted 2160 x 2944 with an aspect ratio of 0.5000.

I too have to rotate and scale the material in order to work with it.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 2.34.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 2.34.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is Adobe needs to fix this now.  This is my workaround. I import into Premiere 2017. Here everything comes in correctly. I then save the project and open in Premiere 2018. All of the shots shot with sensor flipped will be inverted. I then add the Vertical flip to the Clips on the timeline.

CAUTION!

Do Not add the effect to the master effect of the clip until after you make proxies or not at all. If you do as you toggle proxies it will flip and unflip the image.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping that you and all others with this issue are filing on the UserVoice system, as that gets all data directly to the team.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Neil Haugen We have, but no one ever votes for Bugs they only vote for NEW features. I doubt Adobe ever even sees them. I have detailed this with all of the metadata to back it up for Adobe and not even a peep.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've voted on bugs that had a lot of 'participants'. So I wouldn't agree on the first part.

And being as I've seen engineers responding on some things that I've been checking on, including asking if the poster could share the project file & a clip to two to attempt to replicate in-house, I don't agree with the second part either.

Do they respond personally to every one? No, clearly not. Are they using that system? Clearly yes. As someone who's been around here consistently since the CS6 days, this last release had almost no bump up in forum posts. Nearly unreal. Most releases get a big bump up, partly on how to actually use new features and mostly on how to handle stupid bugs.

We just had very little comparative to any other release I know of. I was quite surprised, and rather pleased at that.

Now, to just go after some of the other inane & nasty things the app can do, even if it's only with X media or Y camera settings or whatnot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just frustrated that they fixed the issue with the iPhone import problem and not the Alexa import problem. All part of the same Meta Data import issue. I have Major people sitting behind me weekly and it's embarrassing to deal with. I constantly have to fight for my jobs and to be sidelined because Premiere has trouble reading files from the most widely used camera in the Film and TV industry. Adobe should be ashamed this bug exists, and the fact it has persisted so long is just one more black eye.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, very frustrating. I speculated in another thread (on the same day that the 12.1.2 release came out) that it wasn't clear that staff were addressing the ARRI issue. But I see now that there is also a uservoice item on the ARRI problem specifically. I don't see that either issue (iPhone/smartphone or ARRI) is addressed in a bug fix for 12.1.2 or known issue.

The main uservoice bug report that is pointed to regarding this (smartphone and ARRI) is:

Bug - Smartphone footage is rotated in CC2018 when importing CC2017 project – Adobe video & audio ap...

It is not titled to include ARRI, but comments added it. Note that it only has 4 votes, and no "status" (such as "under consideration"). I'm not sure that is meaningful. Some bugs have been fixed without having a status assigned.

The most specific one for ARRI is this one:

Why is 12.1.1 importing footage in incorrect orientations?! – Adobe video & audio apps

My vote makes 5.

Another thread that focused on this is here:

Re: Video rotated automatically when inserting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another bug slowing me down from editing. My Multicams are a mess with this because Stedicam Shot flipped sensor.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines