Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2019 not rendering or playing anything in program moniter

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm reaching out about an unusual problem I have been trying to fix for the last week, initially I thought nothing was playing in the program monitor but as I have further played around with things I have noticed that if I keep the project panel in list view it allows me to drag, drop and play on the timeline. However as soon as I turn to thumbnails the whole program freezes. Initially, the timeline won't preview anything followed by the Premiere crashing shortly after.

Steps I have taken followed by a hard reset of the program and computer -

• Deleted the settings folder under documents > adobe > premiere pro > 13.0
  • Reset all workspaces to default
  • Deleted Cache and Preview data
  • Dragged and drop the previous sequence into a new project
  • Changed the location to different internal drives for footage and project file
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere pro
  • Changed audio hardware setting to ASIO
  • Changed audio hardware setting to MME
  • Changed render to software, openCL, and CUDA
  • Updating windows
  • Uninstalled all of the creative cloud, using the CC cleaner tool and reinstalling everything clean

Computer Specs are as follows -

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900k

RAM: 32gb DDR4 Dual Channel

Motherboard: ROG STRIX 7390-E GAMING

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Project files are on a 1tb MME drive

The cache is on a separate 1tb MME drive

RAW footage is on a 2tb SSD

Please help, this whole thing is severely affecting my ability to do anything!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to update your graphics card from the vendor's site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, uninstalled and reinstalled all the newest drivers for that one too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know you deleted the settings folder but please try this: trash preferences, hold ALT while premiere is launching

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Carlos, thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately, have tried this also and no luck.

Really running out of ideas here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe, please try the reg fix in this thread:

Premiere crashes after 13.1.3 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and make sure your project is not accidentally set to read only since you were working with list and icon view icons

right next to project lock icon... this might not be the main cause, but in case...

can you also share some screenshots of your timeline? what if you start a brand new project?

can you test and reply back please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Carlos,

Currently away from the computer until tomorrow morning but will try the recommended fix in the morning and get back.

Yes, tried creating a new project - the second you go into thumbnail view it won't preview anything. It also does not allow me to re-open as it remains running as a background task so have to end it via task manager.

I have been in contact with Adobe tech and they are working on the case however here is the video I sent to them outlining the issue.

Here is a video I sent them outlining - Dropbox - E-000038665 - JOSEPH PEHRSON.mp4 - Simplify your life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay waiting your feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Carlos,

No luck with the registry file, have tried downgrading and running the file too but still no luck.

I'm going to do another clean install in the hope I did something wrong last time.

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JoePehrson,

Sorry to hear about this. Seems like some sort of GPU driver issue. Please try these steps and check if it helps.

• Try disabling your Intel UHD Graphics 630 from device manager and check if it's working properly.
    (Open Device manager > Display adapters > Right-click Intel UHD Graphics 630 > Disable device)
  • If you are still facing issues, please also disconnect any external displays which are connected to the system and check if you get the previews generated.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines