• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2015 auto selecting clip under playhead?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed PP CC 2015 is auto selecting the clip below the playhead at all times (therefore effects controls change to wherever the cursor is).  While useful sometimes, I have not found a way to turn this feature off.  Anyone else having this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Under Sequence menu, uncheck Select Follows Playhead. This was added with the new Lumetri Color panel workflow and is enabled by default if you have this panel open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Sequence menu, uncheck Select Follows Playhead. This was added with the new Lumetri Color panel workflow and is enabled by default if you have this panel open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rather love this myself.  Makes grading much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was wondering about this myself, thanks for the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. My problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you sir are an american hero. (i dont know if you re actually but the level of gratitude remains the same)

God bless you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This works but only when I stop the playhead on the clip does lumitri then switch to the color settings of that clip. Is there a way that it will change whilst playing so you can change effects on the fly whilst the clip is playing? I'm sure i've seen it do this in the past?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to see this implementation. When I press stop it should also select the clip but it does not seem to and I also remember that it did in one of the past versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the color grading process I can see where I would enjoy having this feature turned on...but for general editing, it was driving me bananas and slowing me down tremendously when trying to do keyboard shortcuts to add cross disolve transitions between clips on a longer live event edit.

For other people that might be finding this frustrating as well and not be fortunate enough to find this thread, I would recommend this only be set to ON by DEFAULT, when someone specifically launces their COLOR WORKSPACE. Then in the EDITING WORKSPACE, by default, the option would be turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature is turned off by default for Editing.  Even when switching to Color, where it's on, it gets turned back off when switching to any other workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good! I didn't realize that because upon the new update, I replaced the stock EDITING WORKSPACE with my personalized DUAL MONITOR WORKSPACE I always use. But after the update, that feature was automatically applied to my personal workspace so I have been battling it for two weeks until finding this thread to know what to call the feature, find it and turn it off.

So I change my recommendation to Adobe to make the next update not auto apply that setting to peoples old workspaces they have created. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow this feature got activated on my system and it was driving me NUTS! I can't really see this being a feature I will ever use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really see this being a feature I will ever use.

Well turn it off then.

For me and others its a feature that is very useful when stepping along a line of clips with the FX Control Panel Open for example.

It does have a couple of gotchas if not used smart though. eg Color Editing - Master Clips vs Clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.
As I love this feature (I always wanted keyboard shortcut for clip selection) it drove me nuts when making default transitions and when color corecting - I usually have "adjustment layer" on top-most video track - so one extra click on empy space before any opration.:(

THANK YOU ADOBE for giving this as an option. That is the correct way of adding feratures.

What drives me even more crazy is way of adding default transition itself. It won't add it if something anywhere on timeline is selected. It won't add it even if previous transition (which was clicked and adjusted) is selected. Or it is adding it somewhere out of sight on some clip(s) which are left selected - ruining previous editing and/or wasting time to figure out why the heck transition is not showing up at given cut. Having transitions all over place sometimes is spotted only after rendering out and reviewing the final render. Ouch I HATE THIS. Let alone it bugs me that white selected empty track trhoughout all sequence.

Does anyone else hate this "feature" of Premiere CC?
I loose time, have to do extra thinking/clicks, findig empty space to click it is sometimes tricky on busy timelines, making undos (checking if something was happend when "nothing happend at clicking CTRL+D), ... I edit with Premiere from version 6.5 and all "pro" versiona as well. I used to train people for Avid and Incite and worked on Liquid as well. So quite some systems. This feaure is time killer like no other (and yes, it saves time when U need transitions on all selected cuts or titles - so 1 step further, 10 back). If software need special attention all the time, not to mess upp something, than this is no PRO software. Such a small feature can ruin productivity.

I would like the voice of others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why this feature is driving you nuts. If you don't like it, just turn it off. It is very usefull when applying effects and to be sure that you are making changes on the right shot, the shot you are looking at. If for any reason I want to get rid of it...I just push the shortcut bt and that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will say that it was really frustrating when this suddenly became switched on by default (I have no idea why) and I could not find for the life of me where to switch this seemingly new function off.
Why is there a sequence menu option but no icon on the timeline (below playhead position timecode) like the snap magnet?
It's grouped in with the same functions.

To me it seems like it should either have it's own timeline icon, or be moved to - Preferences - Timeline next to the similar 'snap playhead in timeline when snap is enabled' tickbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hate this:

Does anyone else hate this "feature" of Premiere CC?

I loose time, have to do extra thinking/clicks, findig empty space to click it is sometimes tricky on busy timelines, making undos (checking if something was happend when "nothing happend at clicking CTRL+D)

Did you find a solution??

Thanks

Felipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi felipe, maybe you should have inserted the beginning of the original message from Snemanje Poroke. He is talking about transition.

I don't really understand the problem. If a cut is selected, just push Shift + D  ( PC ), You want to add transition on a single clip at in and out, Ctrl + Shift + D . Add default transition to multiple clips . Select any clip you want and repeat the process. Does it help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018: Ctrl+Shift+D add just audio transitions.

For many cuts make a short cut for Add default transition to selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!  next time offer the feature, but please don't force it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make Pr auto select the Video track instead of the audio track under playhead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lock the audio track:

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 7.27.06 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most annoying feature ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this thread on how to turn the feature off. It was causing me so many extra clicks just to delete a segment, and segments were inadvertently getting deleted from my timeline when I didn't realize they were auto-selected. I can always turn it back on for color work. So glad I found this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines