Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 - Titles workspace and tool

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I downloaded the trial version of Premier Pro CC 2017 and cannot find a way to add 'Titles'.  According to tutorials I've found you 'right-click' the add button in the project panel but there's no 'Title' function.  I also tried the Workspace under Window and under File but 'Titles' is not there.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to install a secondary piece of software for Titles to work?

Any help would be great ... I'm completely new to video editing.

Thanks

Graham

[Title edited for clarity.  — Mod.]

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Hey Graham

Title functionality just changed in the update released last week... if you just downloaded then yes,  "Titles"   has been replaced by the Text Tool / Essential Graphics panel.

The NEW Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Spring Update) - YouTube

Have a look at some of the new tutorials for this new tool. Or you can bring up the old Title tool by choose File menu > New > Legacy Title.

Hope it helps.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 133 Replies 133
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Graham

Title functionality just changed in the update released last week... if you just downloaded then yes,  "Titles"   has been replaced by the Text Tool / Essential Graphics panel.

The NEW Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Spring Update) - YouTube

Have a look at some of the new tutorials for this new tool. Or you can bring up the old Title tool by choose File menu > New > Legacy Title.

Hope it helps.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy

You're a star!  Thank you so much and the video link you sent explains this perfectly.

Have a brilliant day mate.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude!  Was that a Killers reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham: This tutorial may help you with creating a title in the new tool: Create title graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The older Titling tools were sooo much easier to use from an ergonomic standpoint.  Please do not discontinue those and or please still make them available.  This tool is painful to use when you are under a fast deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just finished editing 6 dance show DVDs. The legacy title tool is perfect for simple song titles and class names. I can create a title, add transitions and blurs, then duplicate and edit the text for the next act. SIMPLE! I did try the new title tool but gave up, instantly.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're coming from expectations of behavior like the Legacy Titler, the EGP is rather opaque.

However, the EGP has capabilities & tools available well past what the Title can do (except for gradients & a couple other things ... which you can do in Ae). It does take a bit of time to get used to working with it, but is well worth the time.

The text ... use the text tool, and type on the program monitor ... for additional layers of text, in the EGP edit panel click the new layer icon, start typing. Use the EGP controls mostly for type/styling things, and pinning and roll/crawl directions.

Use the ECP to animate the layers of text & graphics, save your creations to say the library or your cloud account.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What with old title?

Why Adobe TOTALLY crash old workflow and old projects ???

Why do You always make work harder and You have to keep pushing to do not go back previuos versions of projects ?

Now all old projects are completely useless becuse Adobe cut them out...

[Moderator note: on these public and family-appropriate forums cursing is not permitted]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can still open the old projects and change something within the previous title tool. The problem just exists if you are creating a new title. So please, calm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true ... the old titles are empty clips on timeline...

OR my Premiere Pro is broken - which is a thing that I try to used to with ... from version to version Creative Cloud are going dooownn... worse to worst.. Each update generate new problems.

I have Win 10

16 GB RAm

GeForce 970  GTX

256 SSD hardrive

8 core 3.2 Ghz processor

and on this machine Creative Cloud a year ago works fine....

now work on this software it's just a nightmare !

I am waiting for some new sotware on market beacuse Adobe is going wooooooorst

don't listen customers -

I wrote lots of mails with issues for years ! and nothing  has been listened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bernard

If you're sure its a CC2017 issue then I'd strongly suggest you reinstall CC2015.4, just for compatibility with those older projects.

For what its worth though, old (Legacy) Titles are still accessible on my own Windows 10 / CC2017 system... last time I checked I can open and edit old projects with Titles intact. I can work with template (PRTL) files (although to do that I now use the Media Browser panel rather than the Titles > Templates menu). The only thing I can't do is export new template (PRTL) files.

Cheers

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will record my desktop to show You that new Premiere (my premiere) is NOT compatible with old titles.

It just show empty clips with no edit options.

About the versions

Thank You for your suggsestions but my opinion is that this is NOT fair that just for Adobe whaim I need to do completely madness steps just for opening projects which i made a month or two before.

This should be in Adobe care to continoues compability between the versions.

Now it is madness ... even small update cut You our from any project made in older version. MADness just for hunting $$$$.

The problem is Adobe which give us software which going worse from version to version.

It's a shame that there is no other software on market.

I will give You example.... there is a option in Premiere "Amatour" (i will never use "pro" for this s) which call Apply Defeult transition to all clips on seq... I will be very thankfull If somebody tell me how to remove all transitions from all clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bernard+Kaminski  wrote

I will give You example.... there is a option in Premiere "Amatour" (i will never use "pro" for this s) which call Apply Defeult transition to all clips on seq... I will be very thankfull If somebody tell me how to remove all transitions from all clips.

I think you are referring to the "Automate to Sequence" feature, right? If so, that has nothing to do with Graphics, so it should be migrated to a separate thread to avoid totally confusing this already hard-to-follow one. Once you start a new thread about that, we have many great users on here who can no doubt give you a reliable answer pretty quickly. If not, post the link to your new thread on here and I will go to it and answer it myself when I can. (hint: there is an option to not apply transitions in the Automate to Transitions dialog)

Also please note that I am a member of the product development team, not an official support representative. The time I spend helping people on here is as a fellow user, on my own time, outside of my regular job duties. So if I am slow or unable to respond to certain issues, that is why. Things like app crashes, very slow renders and poor output quality are not known issues specific to Graphics. The best course in such cases is to contact Adobe Customer Care to help you troubleshoot your hardware/software issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update of editing titles is such a [8888]!!

It doesn't make any sence at all! OMG!

I was a happy Premiere user since forever, but this is just too much.

[Moderator note: these are public forums with rules, including the ban of cursing either obvious or one-letter replaced. Please abide by the forum rules. And participate in a professional manner.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?

I appreciate you developing new features. I don't appreciate a bunch of googling to re-learn something that wasn't broken. You should have at least left "legacy title" in the add menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back the old title Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File/New/Legacy Title ... and you can set a keyboard shortcut to bring it up or create a custom workspace for it ... I did. I do recommend going through the following links, as there's a lot the new EGP does very well, and much of it isn't obvious.

There's a few things we still need the legacy titler for, and a lot of things the EGP is better at. An in-between state it seems.

Neil

Essential Graphics Links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAoZme5rOfM&t=205s

https://vimeo.com/211404007

http://www.retooled.net/?p=1693

http://www.retooled.net/?p=1696

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bradleya94764635  wrote

Bring back the old title Tools.

You can make your opinion known here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

but I doubt that it will have any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "update" and the loss of critical Titler editing functionality has cost me immeasurable time, money, and frustration.  It is now impossible to make minor changes to titles in "old" (1 month) projects.  For us, that means redoing completely, any title that needs changing.  Try that with 500 words of full screen graphics. On 15 pages.  For many projects.  And make them look the same. Without any new mistakes. 

Adobe, this is horrible.  Please bring back at your earliest ability, the essential function of being able to re-edit existing titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dougm82665449  wrote

This "update" and the loss of critical Titler editing functionality has cost me immeasurable time, money, and frustration.  It is now impossible to make minor changes to titles in "old" (1 month) projects.  For us, that means redoing completely, any title that needs changing.  Try that with 500 words of full screen graphics. On 15 pages.  For many projects.  And make them look the same. Without any new mistakes. 

Adobe, this is horrible.  Please bring back at your earliest ability, the essential function of being able to re-edit existing titles.

That functionality is not gone. Try one or more of these methods:

1. In PrPro 11.1.n, choose File > New > Legacy Title to create new titles with the old titler.
  2. From within a project which already contains Legacy Titles, find a title in the Project panel or in an open Sequence, then double click on it to open and edit it in the Legacy Titler.
  3. Choose File > Import then Browse to find ".prtl" file(s) you want to work with and Import them into your project and then open them as described above.

If one or all of those methods are not working for you, then there is some other probem which may need to be worked out with Adobe Care people or perhaps with help form fellow users (like me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. No Legacy Titles, no business.

Switched to Adobe after that crap Apple pulled on us with FCPX.

Guess it's time to finally time to leave Adobe and switch to Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes horrible horrible absolutely horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - Dopey question, but title tool related: I've managed to separate the title box from the rest of the Legacy title panel... and can't seem to get it back in there. No purple rectangles light up no how... Can anyone direct me? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines