• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 constantly crashing

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first time poster who's hoping someone can help me out.

I've used Premiere for the last 3 years without any problems, but over the last week it's begun constantly crashing. I can get about 5 minutes out of it, before the serious error message. The log's below, and what I've done to try and combat is:

Reset Preferences

Cleaned Media cache files

Opened a new project, and imported the old one in

Uninstalled and reinstalled it

This has been a problem with the 2017 version, and the 2018 one I upgraded to yesterday.

My MacBook Pro's specs are:

Retina, mid 2014

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16gb Memory 1600 MHZ DDR3

Graphics: NVDIA GE Force GT 750M 2GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

The footage is just 1080p, so nothing too taxing, and with no effects. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

This is the full log:

Process:               Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 [1296]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018

Identifier:            com.adobe.PremierePro.CC12

Version:               12.0.0 (12.0.0)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 [1296]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-10-19 18:12:41.363 +0100

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13 (17A405)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        62F30C99-8942-1B1D-9A30-3694040A50FD

Time Awake Since Boot: 2000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        100  Dispatch queue: opencl_runtime

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Illegal instruction: 4

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4

Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

Application Specific Information:

*** CFRetain() called with NULL ***

Thread 100 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: opencl_runtime

0   com.apple.CoreFoundation      0x00007fff4d64b222 CFRetain + 114

1   com.apple.GeForceGLDriver     0x00007fff482a646d 0x7fff47fa9000 + 3134573

2   com.apple.GeForceGLDriver     0x00007fff482a55b0 0x7fff47fa9000 + 3130800

3   libGPUSupportMercury.dylib    0x00007fff65daef11 gldLoadTexture + 194

4   com.apple.GeForceGLDriver     0x00007fff482c0d02 gldLoadTexture + 223

5   com.apple.opencl              0x00007fff55bea783 0x7fff55bb5000 + 219011

6   com.apple.opencl              0x00007fff55bf1449 0x7fff55bb5000 + 246857

7   com.apple.opencl              0x00007fff55bd436d 0x7fff55bb5000 + 127853

8   com.apple.opencl              0x00007fff55bd79fc 0x7fff55bb5000 + 141820

9   libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74bf2f64 _dispatch_client_callout + 8

10  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74c0742b _dispatch_queue_serial_drain + 635

11  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74bfa30e _dispatch_queue_invoke + 373

12  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74c08117 _dispatch_root_queue_drain_deferred_wlh + 332

13  libdispatch.dylib             0x00007fff74c0bef0 _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread + 880

14  libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff74eb6033 _pthread_wqthread + 980

15  libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff74eb5c4d start_wqthread + 13

Model: MacBookPro11,3, BootROM MBP112.0142.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.5 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.19f12

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro, Intel Iris Pro, Built-In

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, PCIe, 2 GB

Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x80AD, 0x484D54343147533641465238412D50422020

Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x80AD, 0x484D54343147533641465238412D50422020

AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x134), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.37.0.1a1)

Bluetooth: Version 6.0.0f7, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0

PCI Card: pci1b21,612, AHCI Controller, Thunderbolt@196,0,0

PCI Card: pci1b21,612, AHCI Controller, Thunderbolt@11,0,0

Serial ATA Device: APPLE SSD SM0512F, 500.28 GB

Serial ATA Device: HGST HDS724040ALE640, 4 TB

Serial ATA Device: HGST HDS724040ALE640, 4 TB

USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus

USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

USB Device: BRCM20702 Hub

USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller

Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 17.1

Thunderbolt Device: G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt USB 3.0, G-Technology, 1, 7.2

Thunderbolt Device: G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt USB 3.0, G-Technology, 3, 7.2

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018
I just finished chatting with Adobe Chat support.  I was having a similar issue.  Per my chat, seems like there is an issue with NVIDIA graphics cards that they are working on fixing.

Amit: This is an issue going on with the NVIDIA graphics card

Amit: (21:41:29) You said:

Amit: I will recommend you to please use the metal option for a while

They had me switch my render engine from OpenCL to Metal and it seems to have fixed my problem...at least for now.  He stated that there should be an update pus

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at alternatives to Pinnacle Studio and decided to try Premiere Pro.

On a clean (vanilla) Windows 7 Pro SP1 PC (Core i7 CPU,8GB Ram etc) with my AdobeID, I have just installed Premiere Pro 2018 trial edition.

It all appeared to install ok.

I rebooted, then, within 1 minute, my system went blank and rebooted.

Up came the dialogue box "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown".

I entered my password to restart the system, and, lo and behold, a minute later the system shutdown and rebooted again.

This rebooting occurs even when I haven't even opened PP 2018 or the CC App, only my desktop is displayed!!

The only change to my, otherwise, stable system is the installation of a trial edition of PP2018.

If this is 'normal' for Adobe products, then, clearly, I will stay with Pinnacle.

Or is there some assistance out there to help me resolve the problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to all who responded to my post regarding unstable PC with Win7 and CC2018.

I have now upgraded to Windows 10 (I didn't want to, I don't like the Ms spying), and now my system appears to be more stable with PP2018 at least.

I am yet to be convinced of the solution, but we live in hope.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add my extreme disappointment on the PP 2018. Personally never had any problems until I installed the newest Premier Pro 2108 version. Now the program won't EVEN OPEN!!! Starts and about fifteen seconds in it closes. It's driving me to the brink!

I have so many videos to produce and this is like turning out the lights.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Macintosh HD

3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add to the people who are having this problem. Just updated to High Sierra & Premiere Pro 2018 CC and it's crashing within every few minutes, even on brand new projects. This is a nightmare.

Using Macbook pro, mid-2015 edition. Also, windows are opening way outside my display. Everything was so stable before I upgraded. Adobe please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not convinced this isn't HighSierra's problem, not Adobe.  I was running CS5 before, with good success.  I finally caved in to the (multiple times per day) reminders from Apple that it was essential I 'upgrade' to High Sierra.  After that I started getting crashes.  I decided it was time to upgrade to a paid subscription to Adobe CC from my previous box version of CS5. 

For a while I could work for an hour or two between crashes, but the situation has deteriorated to the point that I can't work at all.  This morning I opened my project, and without even moving the mouse again, it crashed.  Reboot, managed to clean the cache,  crash.  Reboot, move the viewing position on the timeline, crash.  Reboot, try to render effects, crash.

I have done all the things suggested on the forums - turned off all openCL acceleration, set render to software only, etc.  Nothing is working.  The program is totally useless at the moment, and I have 120 hours invested in putting together my latest project, which I may never be able to render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it's very difficult to trace the source of these software failures, especially when you can't pinpoint a singular change that seemed to cause the crashing.  I can see how CS5, eight-year-old software, might not run smoothly on the latest OS.  There's also a possibility of hardware incompatibility if you economize your hardware as well you do your software.  What are the specs on your computer? I've found that both the OS and the CS Suite gets less forgiving of legacy versions of both software (playing nice with one another) and hardware (playing nice with your system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chipwarren:  My Mac is a mid-2010 Mac Pro, 12-processor 3.46Ghz, with 44GB of memory. Graphics board is AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB.  I allocate all but 12GB of memory to Premiere while editing, because I need some memory left over for Photoshop and/or Bridge.  However, my crashes have also occurred when nothing is running on the machine but Premiere (and all the background processes I have no control over, of course)

Today I actually got a couple of hours work done after (1) cleaning the cache, and (2) changing the location of the preview files to a separate hard disk.  I run with 4 disks, one for system and app, one for media files, one for cache/previews, etc., and one for TimeMachine backups.

However, it started crashing again, albeit less frequently.  I know people are grasping at straws to find something that works, and I don't know yet what that might be, but it is worth trying #2 above if you have a separate disk on board.  You results might (and probably will) vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was the computer, not the software!!!

After years of dealing with constant crashing of all my Adobe software products, I was forced by a deadline to take an entire Premiere project over to my laptop (A MacBook Air, 2017) to see if I could accomplish a render.  Even though it took about 10 hours to do (overnight), it did not crash, and rendered the video correctly.  I started doing this regularly as an experiment (composite and edit on my desktop (Mac Pro mid 2010, 12-core), then take it to the MacBook Air to render, since it was impossible to get a render on the Mac Pro (and sometimes almost impossible to edit there - sometimes I could work several hours before a crash, and sometimes a few minutes).  As a further experiment, I did an entire edit session on the MacBook Air.  Premiere worked fine. 

CONCLUSION: It was the hardware, not the software.  I bought a new (used) Mac Pro 2013 12-core, installed all the Adobe products, and it has been working perfectly.  For years had I tried all the suggestions in this forum, e.g. turn off the GPU acceleration and render with Software Only, etc.  Nothing worked.  Changing hardware worked.

ADDENDUM / REVISION TO ORIGINAL POST:  I sold that computer to a local individual with full disclosure of the problems I had been having.  He completly wiped the startup disk and did a fresh OS install, and reports that he is using Adobe software (including Premiere) with few problems.  So, it still doesn't seem that it was Adobe's problem, it was a problem with my OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and downgraded to El Capitan from High Sierra. It took two days but totally worth it the program works 90% of the time now instead of 5%. Something with the APFS file structure doesbt agree with creative cloud products, apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Click The Enable "Untested" Button and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really sucks! Price went doubled up - and quality - down! It crashes all the time with 4k video - less then 1 minute. and with HD video - little longer... Don't know what happens - no crash warning, nothing - just goes down and this is it!

I run Windows 10, Intel core i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60 GHz, 64 Gb, Nvidia Quadro M1000M.

It use to work perfect before. With Windows 7, But I upgraded system to Windows 10 and my camera's to 4K video. It takes now multiple more memory... But I can't even start now nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem & ah-hum so sorry as would be classed as a newbie
I am running:

2x GTX 970 Nvidia graphics cards (SLI)

AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core-Processor-4.71-GHz

RAM-16.0-GB

64-Bit-Operating-System

windows7-Professional

But can't do write on's or Render & Save any project however short - I can copy files with difficulty to a far less superior computer which unbelievably renders. Personally think my BIOS as been tampered with but all help or any help will be greatly appreciated - 'many thanks and sincerely all the very best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping the update would fix. no go. I am ready to abandon Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Da Vinci Resolve. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the end of January eh?

Well, it is July, nearly August 2018, and today I am now on crash #6. yesterday there were 5 crashes. 18 days before that, there was at least one crash per session, many times 2-4 crashes.

So long Adobe been um, nice?...knowin ya

translate "nice" to "complete torture and a gigantic waste of time and money"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another day, another string of crashes. But it'\s changed....now premiere is crashing immediately upon the very first command I give.

everythings updated. release will now be delayed. good job adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashes Fixed!

Here was my fix to constant crashes.

1.  Uninstall Cuda.  This is a good method:

http://www.tobiasfeigl.de/2017/10/28/mac-how-to-uninstall-nvidia-cuda-here-8-x-9-x-on-os-x-10-12-6-s...

2. Unistall Nvidia web driver.  OS X has the Nvidia driver for my card and it works just fine.  Skip if your GPU needs the Nvidia web driver.  Make sure you match your build number and driver version.  Check macvidcards drivers list to match the driver your build number.

3. Change renderer to OpenCL.

Since I have done this Premiere Pro CC 2018 has been rock solid.  Open CL is slightly slower than Cuda was but it still gives me a yellow bar most of the time even with some scaling, Lumetri. and some filters.  It is more than workable and I do not miss Cuda.anymore.  Cuda is completely broken with Premiere in my opinion, at least with my setup.   It is a shame since the performance of Cuda and Premiere several versions ago was quite good.  We all have to just get over the fact that Cuda is just not compatable with Premiere.  Adobe should have been more transparent about that and it would have saved us all a lot of frustration.  One simple message like, "Adobe is no longer. supporting CUDA,"  would have done the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes sense as Apple have or are considering investing massive amounts of cash into Adobe. Apple has an ongoing issue with Nvidea (cuda cores) and now exclusively use AMD for there Macbook Pro and Macbook line.

Luckily Da Vinci resolve don't get tangled up in these kind of corporate politics, you can buy the blackmagic graphics card box to go along with your Apple products or you can use Da Vinci Resolve and take full advantage of your Nvidea graphics card.

What kind of editing program doesn't enable you to take advantage of your high end pricey fit for purpose graphics card....... Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines