• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 crashes on start

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the update to CC 2018 works fine on all programs except Premiere Pro. When starting, it crashes on splash screen with the error message: "Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working". I cannot see that this is related to the "firewall" problem as all the other programs works well. Anyone have the same problem? or maybe a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Updating to 12.1.1 fixes this issue most of the time.

If this did not fix your issue, please create a new post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 148 Replies 148
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BareBorre,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Are you on windows or mac?

Could you please check if there is an update for GPU drivers are available?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

GPU drivers are updated on Win 10. Even tried a couple of older drivers, but no effect. Still crashing on splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall, use cleaner tool and reinstall.

see how that goes.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann Bens,

Thank you for answering, but sadly it did not work. I have tried a couple of options with the CleanerTool, but still the same error.

It is when loading CFHD_MOV_Importer.prm the crash happens. Wonder if that has anything to do with it..

I'm getting desperate now... 2 deadlines are already gone.

PremierePro error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a separate CF plugin installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have deadlines dont upgrade:

Go back to 2017:

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Installing 2017 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I updated Premiere Pro CC 2018 last night and now it crashes on launch. I just tried uninstalling then reinstalling Premiere Pro CC 2017, per AB's comment above, and now I have the same issue when I try to launch 2017, it only crashes. @adobe, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here hypergravity. Now my PremierePro CC 2017 also crashes..need serious help now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with the crash on start. Deleted and installed through Creative Cloud several times.

Back to work after a PRAM reboot and installing from the manual download page on Adobe.

Uugh. Why do I do these updates on a deadline?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But I’m not sure about the if you have deadlines comment. It should be go back until Adobe has fixed he problem. I have wasted hours trying to sort this out. Previous version now works fine - just as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX version crashed 4 times after upgrade. Lost a couple hours of work.... well done Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No separate plugins installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me to I tried and didn't work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after an hour or so on the phone to Adobe and a remote support session leading to no avail (UK customers, the number to call is 020-7365-0735, Irish customers call 01-242-1552 and Belgian customers call 02-7119-960 - I don't have a number for the USA, sorry) I decided to just uninstall my anti-virus (Trend Micro Worry-Free Business) and Premiere Pro CC 2018 is working now on both my desktop and my ThinkPad T440s.

I know that not everybody uses Trend but if you have an anti-virus program installed I'd recommend disabling it or uninstalling it and then seeing if Premiere works. If you use Windows 8.1 or 10, you will be protected by Windows Defender which teamed with something like Malwarebytes (free) and common sense should keep you safe enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JasonBrownCC2014,

Glad its working. Thanks for taking the extra effort to resolve the issue.

You can contact us over chat or call using the instructions in this article when required: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

my Premiere Pro 2018 was working perfectly all day yesterday. This morning tried to start a new project and sadly Premiere either crashes on the splash screen, crashes just past the splash screen or crashes when trying to play back some files. I have attempted to uninstall and re-install, updating the new Nvidia driver with no luck.

Any help welcome
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue. Windows 7. Updated Cuda drivers, display drivers, uninstalled all adobe apps, ran the cleaner utility. Reinstalled. Still crashing, CC 2018 and CC2017 (which was fine prior to the installation of CC 2018)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously no solution still? Impossible to work with the program. Crashes after each step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fixed" mine my clean installing windows. Took a while, but everything works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Yeah my project in the latest updated Adobe Premiere 2018 keeps crashing on startup. It opens the project and then immediately shows the spinning wheel of "oh no". It doesn't respond and I have to force quit. What do I do? I'm on a Mac. Thanks.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonathank57845096,

Create a new project, import the old project file into the new project & test.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Running Windows 10. PP opens but try to import any image or video vile the program freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone from Adobe Staff will respond soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines