• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 crashes on start

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the update to CC 2018 works fine on all programs except Premiere Pro. When starting, it crashes on splash screen with the error message: "Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working". I cannot see that this is related to the "firewall" problem as all the other programs works well. Anyone have the same problem? or maybe a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Updating to 12.1.1 fixes this issue most of the time.

If this did not fix your issue, please create a new post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 148 Replies 148
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Crash on launch. I've tried restarting, running the "Cleaner Tool" reinstalling CC,  and Premiere, but it is crashing consistently.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) Sierra

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

I reinstalled AE and now that is crashing.

Another seat in my studio is successfully running Premiere on PC. Yet another seat was using Premiere 2018 Mac, it must have to do with my hardware?

I can supply a screencap of the splash screen crashing, the associated debug text, and system specs if you like.

Brian Williams

D2 Creative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always try to fill out the crash report but recently My crash report window no longer comes up when It crashes. Any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do what I did to get my issue resolved:  get in touch with an Adobe technical assistant on their LIVE chat.  My issue was successfully resolved this afternoon talking live with an Adobe technical assistant and my Adobe Premiere Pro CC is up and operational again!  They can troubleshoot the problems with you and/or remote view/control in to help fix the problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They always want to do that screen share thing... Im too creeped out by that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen share, remote viewing is what solved my issue, that my IT guy could not find because it was an Adobe specific problem that only an Adobe technician had the knowledge to find.  It would not have gotten fixed otherwise in my case and I wouldn't have been able to start editing my productions again without the official Adobe technician going in and working on it, himself. Otherwise, you might not get your problem fixed.  It's up to you, of course, but, I don't know what else I can tell you at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. After the Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 update yesterday on an iMac with current OS10.2.6 the new premier won't launch here, crashes after loading splash screen, no crash report window comes up. did the update through the creative cloud desktop window. other CC updates are fine so far but am holding off on AFX.  a fairly straightforward mac system, no red giant or non-standard plugins. did an uninstall and have re-installed Premier CC 2017 which is working now and opens current projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Literally wasted two hours trying to work on a project and now this. Yet another broken release. All of my drivers and what not have been updated. Not sure why it keeps crashing when i open a sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. I can open the updated PP but as soon as I try to do anything with imported media it crashes. Also if I try to open an existing project it first converts the file, opens for a second or two and then crashes. I have tried completely reinstalling but does the same again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having issues with Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated BlackMagic drivers, nVidia drivers,  re-downloaded PremPro and it's still crashing to the Apple crash reporter:

Process:               Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 [1363]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018

Identifier:            com.adobe.PremierePro.CC12

Version:               12.0.0 (12.0.0)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 [1363]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-10-23 12:04:46.863 -0400

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G29)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        C876CCF4-4312-3C44-105E-02B99E93A59D

Time Awake Since Boot: 150 seconds

System Integrity Protection: disabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

[1363] stack overflow

It's Monday, I'll try reverting to 2017. I'll furnish alny logs needed by someone more technically proficient.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add: PP crashes at the point the splash screen says: Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 1.01.04 PM.png

The crash report is preceeded by 3 errors in loading the Metal framework.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, installed PP CC 2017 and that seems to be ok.

AE is exhibiting the same crash during the splash screen loading process. The Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports/After Effects_ crashreport is preceded by the same 3 (Metal.framework) MTLCompilerService crashes that preceded the Premiere 2018 crash.

Hope this is helpful.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2D particles is not part of Premiere. Might want to remove that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how would we go about doing this on a PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what it is: plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope don't think so.

For me Premiere Pro 2018 was working all day yesterday and now it crashes either at the splash screen or just past the splash screen. I have just uninstalled PP2018, used the cleaner tool and reinstalled without any success.

I have lot's of editing to do. This is frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a windows search for 2D particles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. Tracing the logs I found the .bundle, and it is in the Boris Continuum Complete Family. I commented out the entire Library/Application Support/Boris FX folder and Premiere 2018 loads and runs. The fact it was only Prem/AE that were crashing should have led me in that direction.  I could probably narrow it down further, but I think I'll just work without BCC for now.

For the record:

This is Boris Continuum Complete version 9, I don't know if v10 and v11 have this problem. I've opened a case with Boris. I have a license for v10, but will wait to hear something.

Thanks again.

-Brian

iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7  32GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up:

As someone suggested Ive upgraded to Mac OS 10.13. Premiere 2018 is running w/o Boris Continuum Complete. I can live without BCC for now while I pursue this with Boris.

However, AE is still crashing. I'll hop into a different thread for that.

Overall, after several CC update with only minor problems, I became complacent about upgrading  my personal, and my companies computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a very slow to load issue where you think Premiere 2018 is frozen, but then after ~10 minutes Premiere opens. It shows in the Activity Monitor (Mac) that the application is not responding, but it eventually does. I only found this out because I forgot to force close Premiere and then it opened minutes later. I've reopened the app several times and it's the same each time.

I have yet to try the other CC programs in their 2018 form, but this problem does not bode confidence in the latest batch of updates.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

macOS Sierra 10.12.6

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequent crashes (report sent) when trying to save.  Mac user.  Frustrating because losing work done.  The usual story when upgrading to new release.  Why release it if it isn't working?!  Please fix soonest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sharing my experience, but I'm not certain if this is the actual fix....

I'm using a Windows 10 PC, 64-bit (Lenovo ThinkPad)

Updated to Adobe Premiere CC Pro 12.0.0 on 10/23/17. PP then started to crash - either at start up, or when I tried to view a video in the source monitor.

1. When I was able to get it to load, I went to File > New Project.

2. In this new project, I then went to File > Project Settings > General. I adjusted the Video Rendering and Playback Renderer to:

"Mercury Playback Engine Software Only"

3. I saved this new project, closed it, then opened some existing projects. The new version did update some of the formatting, but it seems as if I am able to run PP without it crashing anymore.

Not sure if this solves the issue for you, but I thought I would share it just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice RR,

i wish Premiere would go past the splashscreen before crashing. Sadly this is still not the case. I'm still stuck here.Premiere Pro has stopped working.jpg

Win10 PC 64-bit

GPU: Nvidia Quadro M4000

CPU: 16 core Xeon

64gb ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same problem - just a bit different hardware.

By the way: After Effects crashes in a similar way. I also tried the 2017 versions - same problem.

Yesterday I removed the complete CC and used the adobe reg-cleaner. After re-installing the programs started without problems. Now, one day later I have the same problems than before ;-(

@Adobe: When do you plan to release a fix ??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem that it is now taking an enormous part of memory, and I have a new higher end Acer laptop. Never had an issue whatsoever with that, while occasionally also running STO and Steam in the background.

I can get past the splash screen and open a project, although I do receive the message it was saved in another version and needs to be converted before I can go on editing. Once this was done, then it just starts "working", nothing happens, you can't do anything, and I have to use the Task Manager to close the program. Talking about deadlines? This is the critical crunch-time in finishing the edits on my feature length documentary than needs to be submitted asap to Berlinale and other important film festivals. Monumentally horrific timing for years of work on this film.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines