• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 crashes on start

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the update to CC 2018 works fine on all programs except Premiere Pro. When starting, it crashes on splash screen with the error message: "Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working". I cannot see that this is related to the "firewall" problem as all the other programs works well. Anyone have the same problem? or maybe a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Updating to 12.1.1 fixes this issue most of the time.

If this did not fix your issue, please create a new post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 148 Replies 148
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just terrible redhaircrow. It looks like you have to go back to the PP 2017..

To Adobe: Can we hope for a solution or workaround to these problems soon?

Premiere Pro is a great software (when it works), and we need it to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Still no fix. Now I'm running into import issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this and ingest issues also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried to change compatibility settings in the properties drop-down for PPRO? I just came across that as a possible fix but not with my computer at the moment to double check. Lemme know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tried to use an older version of Premiere Pro but receive the error message: "Your project was saved in a newer version of PP, so it cannot be opened."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if you know this already, but Premiere should have created a new project file and left the older project file intact. If you can find that older file it should open with the older version of PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People tend to overwrite files with the same name as instead of using unique names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If for me, I'm a filmmaker, so I always create a unique name for each new version and copies also, and notate it elsewhere. Too easy erase hours or months of hard work and/or subtle edits, by just overwriting a file using the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

redhaircrow​ Avidalone​ BareBorre​

I checked all of my drivers, most were up to date. There were a couple that needed to be updated so I did that (graphics, etc.). Also ran the compatibility troubleshooter from within Premiere and made sure my settings were set up for performance. All is well now and my PPro CC 18 is running perfectly. Maybe if you're all still having issues check into those things and let me know if it works out for you. I was so frustrated like most of you but now I'm able to get my work done and hopefully get caught up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem where Premiere Pro CC 2018 crashes when attempting to start on Windows 10 (brand new Xeon processor, Quadro M4000, 32GB ram). However, when I run the program as local or domain admin, it loads flawlessly. So this error likely relates to a permission issue. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Crash when opening a sequence, even if there's nothing in that sequence. Deadline in two days.. sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not a smart move to upgrade 2 days before a deadline.

Go back and finish in previous version.

Start fresh in the new one and you will have enough time to figure out what is going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I installed previous version and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're an idiot! It's not smart Adobe releases a  damn program when it's obviously not ready for prime time! This update screwed me as well as countless others!  So your a#$ h%#@ comments do nothing to help the situation, I can't stand people like you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unbelievable that a company the size of Adobe, charging what they charge for their software, won't say a word about this HUGE problem! It's not something local, a LOT of people are having the same crashing issues.

C'mon Adobe! Speak up! Just solve this once and for all! In the meantime I just won't license this program, and I might just find something that I get used too and then, good bye Premiere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Premiere 2017 and then I updated to 2018. But now it says I have to use the trial! How do I get Premiere 2017 back!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paperzombies. You might try logging out of creative cloud then signing back in. That should remove the trial issue. I'd like to revert back to 2017. Have you figured out how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on Windows 10 but I can't even get the splash screen to show up. I launch the program, it takes up 37.7 MB of RAM in Task Manager then promptly crashes before the splash screen shows up. I've rebooted and that didn't change a thing.

Come on guys... This shouldn't be happening on like every release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro CC 2018 wont open for me. The load up screen pops up and then disappears and it says it quit unexpectedly. Every other software is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey shane, no solution here yet either. (on a mac with sierra 10.12.6). tried un-install and re-installed 3 times but gave up. premier never got past the loading splash screen for me. in this thread Re: Premier 2018 crashing after update i sent the apple crash report to kevin at adobe but haven't heard anything back yet. i kept previous premier version 11.1.2 and am using that until a fix or some assistance is offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

sadly there is no solution yet. I had to go back to PremierePro CC2017. Haven't heard from Adobe for some time so....still waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevin from adobe helped me figure this out. not sure if it would apply to your situation but it was BCC9 plugins that were apparently causing the new premier to crash at the loading splash screen. i uninstalled the BCC9 plugs and re-installed premier 2018 and it launches and seems to be working OK now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Premiere CC 2018 November 3 2017 and it would give me the error message of no video card too. Then it would crash. At first I thought it was my new driver from nvidia for my GTX 1060, I rolled back the driver, and it still did not fix the issue. The only thing I could do was to go into creative cloud and install Premiere Pro version 2017. Now I am only using the previous version. Adobe PLEASE  FIX THIS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I held off from upgrading until I finished my last project, but I'm also getting the same crash on the splash screen. My Nvidia driver is up-to-date.

PProCC2018Crash.jpg

Windows 10 64-bit

Asus Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011

Core i7-4930K @3.4Ghz

32GB RAM

Geforce GTX 1080

SSD HDD for OS

8TB Raid Storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines