• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 crashes on start

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the update to CC 2018 works fine on all programs except Premiere Pro. When starting, it crashes on splash screen with the error message: "Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working". I cannot see that this is related to the "firewall" problem as all the other programs works well. Anyone have the same problem? or maybe a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Updating to 12.1.1 fixes this issue most of the time.

If this did not fix your issue, please create a new post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 148 Replies 148
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you are facing the same issue after trying all the steps recommended by the users in this thread, please let us know the status with a screenshot of error message & also of splash screen(if it freezes on it) along with system configuration like OS version, GPU model, Premiere Pro exact version number.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same issue as other people do sadly. I updated from 2017 to 2018 in october and I was confused, why is this happening. When I start this program, it instantly crashes and doesn't even load all the files in splash screen, it just crashes. And I also have to close program from task manager, because it keeps crashing otherwise. I've tried to update back to 2017 version, but it's still doing it.

I have PC and here's the specs:

Motherboard: Asus z170-A

RAM: Kingston (2x8gb)

GPU: MSI GTX1070 X 8gb

CPU: i5-6600k 3.5Ghz

Here's the image:

adobepremierepro2018hasstoppedworking.png

Thanks,

Kasperi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I'm experiencing the same issues as others listed in this thread. PPro CC 2018 is crashing soon after the splash screen.Adobe Crash Screen.jpg

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor 3.60 GHZ32.0 GB
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Version 390.77

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash alt.jpg

Hello, I hope everyone is doing fine, I wanted to ask if anyone has encounter this problem with Adobe premiere pro when it is working fine and when I re- start my machine it crashes at start, I have no idea what is going on I already uninstall and re install, clear cash files, etc and keeps doing the same also I sent a report to Adobe but it seems like it will take months before I get an answer, so if anyone knows what the deal is please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You wont get an answer. They only contact you if they have specific questions.

Try trashing preferences.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, yesterday I installed the last update to CC 19.01 and know Photoshop crashes on launch. I have tried to uninstall and re-install the new version, but it does not help. After peeling the onion I installed the older version - cc2017 18.1.2 again. It worked, but I'm pretty disappointed by the new version and the time I have lost to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone for what it's worth I may have found a (at least) temporary resolution to this.

I have been plagued with the constant crashes and tried every solution to fix it including every one I've found on the forums etc including completing removing and reinstalling which didn't work.  Finally got to the point where it would never open - crashing every time.  I've been in a state of panic because I have deadline looming which very well might change my life. So i will be brief.

Go into your saved projects folder and open the last saved project.  Let it load up give it time. If it opens and works then rename the file (make sure not same as original file) and place in the same directory as your original file.

That's it. Just use that version from now on. You may lose a few minutes work but better than nothing at all.  I sincerely hope this lucky solution works for someone else. I will report back if my solution fails at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, sometimes it just stay on the loading window

Tried to reinstall several times and tried cc2017. Same problem

Windows 10 64 bit

GTX 745 2gb

I5-7400

16 gb Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a user who was having this problem on a windows 10 build 1709 PC, we ran Premiere in Windows 7 compatibility mode and not only does it start, it has not crashed since. This also works for After Effects. May be worth a try if you are out of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone

I had the same problem in spite of having a gamer computer: Premiere Pro was very slow  and crashed every times in

• importing video/ audio files  by menu > file> import or ctrl + i
  • saving au new copy of the project
  • Saving as...
  • adding adjustement layers...

I SOLVED this issues by downloading the CUDA Toolkit 9.1  by Nvidia

Execut it and don't forget to reboot your computer.

I hope it will help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to Version 12.0.1 Premiere and Mediaencoder worked for me - but a real frustrating solution ... wanted to try out the new stuff... …:((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Upgraded AE, Premiere Pro and MediaEncoder today (Apr 4, 2018) to latest version and got the above issues. After trying most of the stuff above - nothing helped.

Then i noticed that MediaEncoder behaves same way as AE and PP. It must be the graphic drivers!

I'm on win7, so i upgraded Nvidia drivers and ... no change at all.

Then in nVidias Control panel-> 3d settings for programs -> set the AE, PP and MediaEncoder to use integrated graphics instead of default nVidia graphics.

Now all three run fine.

My specs:

Lenovo ThinkPad p50

16gig Ram

I7

Nvidia Quadro M2000M, 4gig Ram

Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on mac with the latest update. Forced to downgrade and really disappointed for the time wasted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi florenceb3160429,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try the steps suggested in this thread: Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution on Windows: 

-Uninstall ALL Adobe products from your PC including the CC app

-Go to C:\Program Files and rename the Adobe folder to something like AdobeOLD

-Go to C:\Users\[user]\Documents and rename the Adobe folder in there as well

-Download and reinstall the CC app

-Download/install Premier Pro from the CC app.

These steps worked for me.  It also solved my 2018 encoding problems which turned my project pink/green.  I'm happily back to work.  I hope this works for others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to try it now thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man

I do have the same problem Im using windows 10 with  8 GB of GPU and 32 GB of Ram and intel core I9

and I do abve the same problem just today I uninstalled The program twice because the dead line of my project is tomorrow and I I couldn’t do it so  I had to transfer the file to after affect to finish it

please guys find an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to 12.1.1 fixes this issue most of the time.

If this did not fix your issue, please create a new post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the crash on splash screen are due to stupid Adobe software not able to recognize what windows version it is running in.

FIX: run in compatibility mode.

1. Find "Adobe Premiere Pro.exe" in the install folder.
  2. Select that file and right click and select Properties
  3. In the file Properties dialogue, select the "Compatibility" tab
  4. Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:
  5. In my case I tried compatibility mode for Windows 7 even though my workstation IS running Windows 7

Did you follow that? Adobe software states that Premiere Pro 2018 should run on Windows 7 64-bit. But Adobe software is so stupid it cannot even realize it is running on a Windows 7 PC, so I have to tell it to run in "Compatibility mode" for Window 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, locked in a 'send crash report' loop. Why does Adobe release these updates when they're not ready to go. I've lost hours of work over this piece of crap!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's utterly ridiculous that people are going back to older versions of CC platforms cos the new releases don't work!! It's like buying a new car and then driving your old one. We're all paying our subs on here, come on Adobe, and they don't come cheap so please - sort this sh*t out!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the exact same problem with 12.1.1 on Windows 10 1803.

I've tried to re-install nvidia drivers, clean install everything, dump settings & cache and still it crashes immediately after launching premiere, media encoder and after effects. I'm positive it's somehow GPU related but I'm out of ideas.

I'm on a HP workstation laptop with Nvidia Quadro 2000M.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines