Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Audio Cuts Out

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,

So I've switched to the new Premiere Pro CC and now my audio drops out during playback. Doesn't matter if it's an aiff, mp3, whatever. I never had this problem with Premiere Pro CS6. All files are saved to an XServe Network on OS 10.8.4. I'll have to remain using Premiere CS6 for the time being.

Also, just tested this out. I had a TIFF sequence playing with this audio. It did NOT like that. I can play the audio by itself just fine. So it seems to be a problem with playing the video file WITH the audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Hi,

Audio dropouts:
Audio dropouts could be caused by a number of reasons, so there is no one correct answer. Typically, it is because of one of the following:

1. Insufficient computer resources (hardware not powerful enough for certain media, media files are long in duration).
  2. Materials were not ingested properly (H.264 or HEVC media needs to be transcoded or proxies created).
  3. Out of memory (memory cache is full and needs to be cleared via rebooting or otherwise).
  4. Sequence Settings for audio sam

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 367 Replies 367
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now almost positive this has everything to do with Premiere CC's ability to playback TIFF sequences, as I've opened up extensively complicated edits with all kinds of sound work, and had no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a similar problem! I have a project that I have been working on for the past month with CS6 using the trial version... Everything seemed to work great and so I made the decision to continue using premier and purchased the CC last week! since then, the same exact project file (although after downloading the CC version it asked that the project be upgraded) has been having an absolutely awful time with audio playback! The only way to get seemless playback is to start 15-20 second before the spot I need to watch... Otherwise the video plays, but the audio cuts out and then comes back in, and then cuts out... VERY frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  The audio randomly stops playing in the timeline.  Plays fine in the viewer window, though.  When I close the project and reopen it works again but this is no way to edit!!!  Extremely frustrating!  Just updated to CC reluctantly and have had nothing but problems.

Merged subclips don't work either!

Adobe, get your act together!

Version 8.0.1

Software: 10.9.4

iMac 27"

Memory  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MMPatierno,

Are you working with a new Premiere Pro CC 2014 project or one you updated from CS6 or CC (7.2.2).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi evil_twin,

Can you file a bug report? http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

report submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really? no fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant beileve this hasnt been fixed yet either. Already submitted a bug report a week ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post but I am having the same audio playback issues and I just installed CC on my new 12 core Mac Pro! Has this issue been fixed yet?? If so why am I having the issue today??  (May 28, 2014)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem.  For the audio in the timeline on some clips it plays and on others it doesn't.  When I double click the clip, the audio plays fine.  I've got four tracks of audio -- two native to the DSLR footage and two recorded with a Tascam.  Bizarre and totally disruptive to editing.  Looks like the problem has been going on for a long time and nobody has a clear fix.  Am I wrong about this.  Could use a fix so I can keep editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this bug isn't something that just started happening with CC.  I've searched the internet HIGH and LOW for all the info I can, and this same type of audio bug goes back as far as cs3 era I believe.  I've tried downloading codecs, drivers, making sure everything is up to date, added the AC3 dll, nothing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

this issue seems to have been around for a while and I'm now running PP CC v8.0.1.  Is Adobe actively pursuing a fix for it at present? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Holsam,

Holsam wrote:

this issue seems to have been around for a while and I'm now running PP CC v8.0.1.  Is Adobe actively pursuing a fix for it at present?

This is a persistent issue, so we are always looking for ways to improve. As for troubleshooting, can you try upping the buffer size in Audio Hardware preferences? That has helped for some customers.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, no – that doesn't seem to be an option...

Screenshot 2021-06-08 114744.png

Please; it's now halfway through 2021, and I'm encountering this issue entirely anew. I've just had a new (larger) hard drive installed on my machine, which otherwise has a 2.8GHz i5-8400 processor, 32GB RAM, and a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with the latest studio drivers. Premiere Pro was working absolutely fine before the new hard drive, but now I've had to reinstall it – and sound keeps dropping out after 5sec or so of previewing a timeline in the program monitor or a clip in the source monitor. Why?!

It exports OK, but it's hugely infuriating during edit and slows the whole process down. Je suis not happy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also submitting a bug report (Adobe CC 2016) version of Premiere Pro. I don't normally do music videos and I keep my editing pretty simple but this is making something I already don't want to do infinitely more frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Really frustrating indeed. I have a fairly complex sequence (multi-cam shoot, plenty of audio tracks, a couple video tracks, all synced with PluralEyes,) but nothing CS6 couldn't have handled. NEVER saw this with CS6.

_Volumes_Peace_Officer_1__Peace_Officer_raw_footage_Peace_Officer_Project_Files_Peace_Officer_2013.6.29_ForPremiereCC_UpgradedProjectFile.prproj.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the exact same issue. Submitted a bug report online and below for others to see if there is something similar between our set-ups.

******BUG******

Concise problem statement:

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. Attempt to playback timeline in Premiere Pro and audio mutes randomly after several seconds. Moving the playhead back and forth appears to help or render audio, but the NEXT time you try the muting will re-occur. Seems very similar to: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1241741?tstart=0

Results: Audio playback mutes randomly, not clip specific, and not at the beginning or end or a clip. It happens completely randomly.  stops playback and move playhead  back and forth over the area (confirming audio) and it MAY playback but it will mute at another point. very simple timeline, 3 different audio and video tracks. All from a Canon DSLR camera.. Standard H264 in MOV container  with audio embedded. Even attempted to copy all clips to a new sequence, but exact same issues.

Expected results: Continious Audio Playback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem.. it's not every single video and it can be anywhere within the video cuts out for 5-10 seconds... very frustrating 😕 especially after uploading to YT and getting views only to find out an hour later that it's messed up🤦‍:male_sign:.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had problems with audio dropouts. But perhaps a bit different. I'm losing up to 24 frames of audio off the tail and about 4 frames off the head of every clip. This is happening with GH2 .mts files and the new GH3 .mov files. I have dragged these same files into CS6 and the files are fine so I know it's a Premier Pro CC issue. You can see a screenshot of the problem here:

Audio Chopped off.jpg

What's intersting is when I convert these same files to prores the problem is gone. In my one test with Canon fottage the problem is not there either.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f3ehk1dk3v986c/Audio%20Chopped%20off.jpg

Can you see that the audio waveforms just flatline between each clip. This has caused me some problems and of course is an irritation. I haven't purchased CC yet I'm still demoing but I wait to purchase until they fix these glitches. For now I'll stick with CS6 which has been reliable.

PS. I'm posting a bug report right now. Has anyone else experience the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have a Panasonic GH3 and I have the exact same problem described by Reuben.  If I use PP CS6 there are NO ISSUES with the audio in my GH3 clips.  But, if I use PP CC, *every* GH3 clip only has silence for the last few seconds.  Please fix this.

John

PS:  Reuben could you let us know what the bug report number is so we can follow it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjjhixon I'm not sure how to even track the bug report. I don't have a number for it. Have you filed a report yet? That's the only way we'll get it fixed is if more people actually go through the process. For now the work around is conversion to another format like ProRes. Or just make sure you record for a bit longer than usual. I know not the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same problem. Prores files with 48/16 dual mono audio.

The files playback fine in Quicktime Player 7 and X. And they play fine and edit in other non-linear editors.

I'm doing anything unusual. Isolated the problem by imported a couple of clips I know with audio in them into Premiere Pro CC. Audio at the end is clipped just as in the example here.

Using latest version of Premiere CC with all updates applied. This was in 10.8.4 but is the same in 10.9 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Like Jim, I have had it very occasionally on a few places, but not a showstopper for me niether. It was actually a lot more in CS6, but got away with the latest update (before the AVCHD bug was corrected in CS6) as far as I remember. Have not seen it it exports in CC.

Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Audio dropping out. I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet, as I can't do audio correction with it this finicky.   I never had this issue in CS5, only once I transfered to CC.   And then, the audio didn't start dropping out until I started messing with the Audio levels.  It's completely random and will sometimes stop for  2 seconds, other times for 30 seconds.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines