• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC: can blue text interface be changed back to yellow?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if there's an option in preferences to change the color of the interface text. It used to be yellow and now it's more difficult to see.

I notice the blue text across the entire range of updated programs: AE, PP, Photoshop, etc.

So is it a setting in the cloud itself that would allow me to change the color back to yellow?

If not, not big issue, I'll just have to get used to it. Love the new interface in any case. Much more responsive with no issues.

Thank you, Adobe!

Idea No status Locked

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 337 Replies 337
337 Comments
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you jonabell, I absolutely agree and it's nice to see some actual reasoning behind how this works on the eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many others, I find the interface change to be difficult to read. I feel the new "look" is flat, bland, hard to read and very hard to navigate. I hoped it would be something to adjust to, but after using it for a while, I am convinced this was a bad move. I send a feature request/bug report regarding this, and hope others who dislike the change will do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see how bad the problem really is...use this new version for 1 week....and then fire up the previous version. Everything looks so much easier to read. Your eyes will thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good to know that nobody in the design team thought that there are users who suffer from various degrees of color blindness and, thanks to this update, are finding it even more difficult to use the interface than the other users.

And make sure to change everything, i've just noticed that the "include this property in the graph editor" button in after effects is affected as well. I'm completely unable to see if it changes color when clicked, quite difficult to navigate through all the properties to check which is used when multiple are included. And selected keyframes are almost indiscernible from unselected ones.

Should i just use the original AE CC?

Very good job adobe.

Just change it as soon as possible, please, it was a very bad idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yellow is better than blue.

I normally have my background brightness in afterfx turned to the darkest setting due to prolonged use. Even with this turned up (which does make the blue more visible), it is still a real step backward compared to the yellow.

Please Adobe, please change this. Or better still, allow users to configure the highlights in a custom manner, much like the background brightness of the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi T Tombo,

Posting in the forum probably won't be seen by the people most responsible for the UI. Please let us know by filling out this form instead: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ultharim,

Let the team know here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

The team responsible for the UI probably won't see your suggestions here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI David,

davidp158 wrote:

I send a feature request/bug report regarding this, and hope others who dislike the change will do the same.

Thanks for taking the time to get that request in.

Best wishes,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonabell,

Have you given us your feedback in a feature request/bug report yet? Here is the link: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohr wrote:

Kevin,

Thanks for the URL. I have submitted info about my difficulty there.

-Paul

Thanks, Paul.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Yes, absolutely – I posted my complaints about the UI issues as a bug.

I’ve said it before, but the person responsible for changing this (or signing off on the changes) should be fired. Making UI changes that result in the software being damn-near impossible to use is just pure incompetence. And where was the user testing and review of these changes? Did no one at Adobe speak up and say, “hey, this makes the software harder to use!”

Jon A. Bell

3D Computer Graphics Artist/Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that explains a lot to me.  Even the people at Adobe aren't using this and finding out how horrible it is.

Yes, I've adjusted the brightness of the interface to lighten it.  Mostly because I don't like the super dark, cave feeling.  Guess what???  That makes the blue completely illegible as it melts right into light gray.  There's a reason yellow was so easy to read.  It was high contrast and across all shades of gray. 

If you're going to make changes like this, it'd be nice if any of you did actual trials at your own company before unleashing it on us. (and no, I'm not talking about beta testers that come in for a free sandwich).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

jonabell wrote:

I’ve said it before, but the person responsible for changing this (or signing off on the changes) should be fired. Making UI changes that result in the software being damn-near impossible to use is just pure incompetence.

I understand your frustration with the UI design but I'm not going to respond to that comment.

jonabell wrote:

And where was the user testing and review of these changes? Did no one at Adobe speak up and say, “hey, this makes the software harder to use!”

We have a large beta test program with a generous pool of pro users. We took a lot of feedback about the UI and made changes accordingly at that time.

Once the software is released, though, more people have a chance to use it. The flip side is that more people also might happen upon unforeseen shortcomings. That said, we are taking the feedback very seriously and hoping to make changes down the line that will suit everyone.

I'm your advocate for this issue, so please trust me that I'm doing all I can for users having trouble with the new UI.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Quirkied,

My apologies for any trouble this is causing. If you have not already filed a bug report, please do so. It really helps: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

quirkied wrote:

If you're going to make changes like this, it'd be nice if any of you did actual trials at your own company before unleashing it on us. (and no, I'm not talking about beta testers that come in for a free sandwich).

We did have beta testers giving us feedback about the new UI. We made a lot of changes according to their feedback. Sorry that this is causing you grief at this time, but I am advocating for changes which will allow you to see the UI a lot better in the future. I know that day cannot come any sooner, but trust me when I say that I'm doing all I can on your behalf to improve the visibility of the UI.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

My apologies for the strong comments, but the fact is, these color changes make the software almost impossible to use for any length of time. It’s as if you put hexagonal wheels on a car – sure, you can still drive it, but not comfortably, and certainly not on a long trip. And if your job requires you to drive all day, and you have few other cars available…

Jon A. Bell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I think where the problem lies is Beta Tester criteria. We use Adobe software all day, every day. Are you confident your beta testers do?

The interface is OK to look at for an hour or two, but extended use is where it really starts straining me and gives me headaches as a result.

I am the sole editor/graphic artist at a small but busy production company, and I am on After Effects from 8:30am-5pm every single day. Only thing I don't do in AE is cut film, which I do in FCP7's nice bright interface.

When things took less than seconds to see before, and now you have to actually look for them (even though you know they're there), that's a problem!

A simple way to satisfy everybody, on all levels of accessibility, would be to a simple colour swatch in preferences to set the highlight colour.

Kind regards,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

jonabell wrote:

Kevin,

My apologies for the strong comments, but the fact is, these color changes make the software almost impossible to use for any length of time. It’s as if you put hexagonal wheels on a car – sure, you can still drive it, but not comfortably, and certainly not on a long trip. And if your job requires you to drive all day, and you have few other cars available…

Jon A. Bell

It's OK, I fully understand your frustration. My suggestion is to reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2014 and work with that until we can release a version which will have UI updates that will suit you better. My hope is that day comes sooner than later. Sorry for the hexagonal wheels in the mean time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Matt,

coastalmedia wrote:

Hi Kevin,

I think where the problem lies is Beta Tester criteria. We use Adobe software all day, every day. Are you confident your beta testers do?

Yes, I do. I know some of them from when I was a full time editor myself. These are people who have a reputation I trust greatly and I've previously recommended them for jobs with my own clients, for example.

coastalmedia wrote:

The interface is OK to look at for an hour or two, but extended use is where it really starts straining me and gives me headaches as a result.

Yes, we are aware that the UI affects some people negatively and in the way you've described. If this is actually hurting you physically, I recommend that you return to using Premiere Pro CC 2014, or earlier until we can provide a suitable UI update for people such as you.

coastalmedia wrote:

I am the sole editor/graphic artist at a small but busy production company, and I am on After Effects from 8:30am-5pm every single day. Only thing I don't do in AE is cut film, which I do in FCP7's nice bright interface.

So you are speaking about AE or Premiere Pro? Either way, provide feedback here if you want: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

coastalmedia wrote:

When things took less than seconds to see before, and now you have to actually look for them (even though you know they're there), that's a problem!

Sorry about that!

coastalmedia wrote:

A simple way to satisfy everybody, on all levels of accessibility, would be to a simple colour swatch in preferences to set the highlight colour.

It's a great idea, but difficult to implement as it stands. Place that idea in your feature request.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I’m referring mainly to the UI changes in After Effects, which are preventing me from using the latest version in production.

[ email signature removed - see http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Kevin.

I am referring to AE - as I am currently not a Premiere user, however we are looking at moving over when I can take some time out to learn the interface/shortcuts etc properly. At this stage, i just can't afford to be slowed down by learning new software.

Audition has similar functionally to what I was suggesting. In fact, you can recolour near the entire interface.

Perhaps AE/Premiere can borrow some code?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice if we, the users, could change that color. I´m in the 30 days trial period, and i´m wondering why you make sooooo many changes to the cs6 interface. Look´s more modern of course, but it´s just a pain to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Lord! I crossed all of my fingers and toes, threw a four-leaf clover in my pocket and updated one of our machines to 8.2.0 (I gave the dog's breakfast that was 8.1 as wide a berth as possible... I've only loaded a dingle project so far, so I can't speak to its stability or reliability, but MY GOD, THE BLUE IS HORRIBLE. Like, objectively, unequivocally HORRIBLE. It's one thing seeing it in screen caps, but to actually be faced with the UI in person...? *shudder*

I'm going to head off and file another bug report about this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... "we" hear you, as there's quite a few of us ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer the brighter background because otherwise I cant really see too well the track seperaters on the timeline, and this is what i end up with on effect cntrols. Try reading this mess 2 feet from the screen. blue on grey.png

Votes

Translate

Translate