• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro Closed caption at the top

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am super frustrated with Closed Caption! I'll make a Closed Caption layer, I'll pick 708, service 1 and as I am typing/copying my script into the caption part, after about 10 captions or so Premiere will start placing the captions at the top without the background color. I tried to reposition it at the bottom and it doesn't work. I also tried to bring back the color boarder and it doesn't work. I then created another Caption layer and after three captions, or however many it wants to accept, it'll move my line of text to the top again.

Can someone please give me an answer today?! I have to get my project out and no one seems to have an answer for this problem. I followed all the instructions to the "T" on how to writes captions with PP but it's not working properly. I've done everything the right way and I watched several videos on it and nothing that I am doing seems out of place.

And Yes, I restarted my program, then I restarted my computer, so please don't ask the basics.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Thanks for all your help but that is too much of a work around for something that shouldn't happen. I will file a bug report about it tho. After a few times of restarting the program and PC it finally fixed it self. Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same issue while testing it.. however I was able to position the caption using the "Position Caption Block" from caption panel as follow -

1. Go to the caption panel then select the caption text

2. Then choose the block from position caption Block to position the caption -

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 3.59.44 PM.png

But I am unable to change the background color of text from transparent to opaque + black or any other color except for the first caption in the caption panel...even after resetting the preferences of Premiere Pro CC Ver. 12.1.1 it does not work...I think its a bug

You can report the Bug by visiting - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update found a workaround to the issue -

1. Export the Caption from Premiere Pro CC by selecting caption in the project window > File > Export > captions in .XML

2. Open the exported XML in Notepad or TextEdit

3. add the following code to the style tag  [ tts:backgroundColor="#00000000" ]

Screenshot for reference -

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 4.41.13 PM.png

4. After changing it..save the file and import it back to premiere pro from file > Import, then place in the timeline.

I know it's not an easy thing to do but this what came to my mind to fix it.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced this yesterday, but in my case it solved after restarting the programm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help but that is too much of a work around for something that shouldn't happen. I will file a bug report about it tho. After a few times of restarting the program and PC it finally fixed it self. Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any answers on this? i'm still having this issue - incredibly pissing me off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What specific dot version of PR CC are you running? The problems discussed in this thread were fixed in 2019.0.0 (I did not test) or 2019.0.1 (I confirmed fixed).

I think you can avoid the issue even in PR 2018 if you add caption text every time you add a caption. I found that if you added 3 empty captions, the position shifted to top left. But I don't recall if the workaround avoided the problem with background opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines