Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest - July 2021

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro Community Digest - July 2021

Digest 01.jpgWhat's new Premiere Pro Community? July is here and summer is also well under way. I hope you're doing great and your projects are going smoothly wherever in the world you may be.

We had a really great Adobe Video Community Meetup on June 30 focusing on audio and audio production for video. Were you there? Sorry if you weren't but you can always watch the replay. The next one coming up is on July 28, and it's all about the new speech to text feature - so mark your calendars now.

Premiere Pro 15.2 is still the current release since I checked with you in the last community digest. Issues are the same, so scroll down to check those out. These links might help you or a friend out of a jam. Of course, if you have any issues on your own, create a new post. We've got your back!

Let's take a look back at June and ahead to the rest of July 2021.

• Premiere Pro 15.2 is the current version.
      • If you haven't yet checked them out, have a look at the latest features.
    • Premiere Pro Beta Announcements: New features were released and discussed in the Beta Forums. Have you checked out recent discussions?

For July, here are some dates you may want to be aware of.

• July 28 is the online Adobe Video Community Meetup. This month, the topic is: Premiere Pro: Unlock Creativity and efficiency. Link here for more info.
  • Revisit this post for last minute events that might arise between now and then.

Digest 02.jpgPremiere Pro Team Blog Posts:

In June, there were some Premiere Pro Team blog posts that may have gotten past you. Here are some links to the articles related to Adobe Premiere Pro and some details about the Substance 3D tools. I hope you enjoy this small selection of Team Blog posts.

Digest 03.jpg

Latest Features: Adobe Premiere Pro (15.2)

Full documentation on the latest features here.

• Text Gradients: Link to more info here.
  • Label Colors for Captions: Link to more info here.
  • Improved Caption Trimming: Link to more info here.
  • New Loudness Meter: Link to more info here.
  • Support for DirectX display technology on Windows: Link to more info here.
  • Canon XF HEVC performance improvements: Link to more info here.

Thumb_02.jpgBeta Features: Adobe Premiere Pro Beta

Speech to text transcription available to all in public beta
Discuss: New export workflow

Discuss: New import workflow

Discuss: Redesigned header bar

Discuss: Multiple Shadows for Essential Graphics

Update: Premiere Pro Beta on Apple M1

Discuss more here

Digest 05.jpgTop Troubleshooting threads

Issues with 15.2? Here are a few:

UI issues while editing: This can be due to audio in nested sequences. Remove the audio from nested sequences and your UI issues return to normal. You can also create a keyboard shortcut to turn off Audio Waveforms. See this thread for details.

• Recent releases of the BRAW plug-in and camera firmware released by Blackmagic Design only works in Premiere Pro Beta, currently. Don't update the plug-in or firmware for your camera for the current version.
  • Screen tearing and freezing on playback: This can happen in certain laptops that contain a discrete GPU: for workarounds see this thread.
  • M1 Mac and Black Screen issues: I have heard some complaints that the LUT popularized in this thread is no longer working on M1 Macs. You get a black screen. Change hardware acceleration, as indicated in this User Voice thread to work around the error for the Intel version. You cannot use the Beta version and the LUT at this time.

Cool New How-to Content

Thumb_06.jpgHere are some great new "How To" technique threads, videos, and other stuff you may find interesting. If you have a cool tutorial or technique to share with the community, please drop Kevin a message.

Get Started in Premiere Pro with Mary Betsy
By Adobe Care

How to use the Project panel in Premiere Pro
By Adobe Care

Mask Options with Aidin Robbins
By Adobe Video & Motion

How to Speed Ramp Slow Motion Footage in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
By Justin Odisho

Porsche 911 at Laguna SecaPorsche 911 at Laguna SecaFeatured ACP - Richard M. Knight

Richard M. Knight has been a community member for going on 11 years now and has reached ACP status because of his high quality answers to questions from content creators, like you. Thanks so much, Richard! I asked Richard if he could give me a bit more background on his illustrious career and he told me the following:

I was lucky enough to start in TV sound when everybody did everything. I was a Fisher boom operator on Queen Victoria's death bed (TV drama Edward VII) and tape operator on many of the 1970s Muppet shows. In the 80's, I was sound director on ITV gameshows including Family Fortunes and The Price is Right. My career moved sideways in the 90s when I was the recordist and dubbing mixer on a number of film dramas. ITV closed the studios in Nottingham in the early 2000s and I then went from soundman to cameraman / editor mainly on a series of Cathedral Organ recital blurays. Since retiring I film local dance shows and school productions but Covid has stopped this for the time being. I'm very much more of an engineer than an artist and I love all things mechanical. I have been restoring a 1965 Porsche 911 for 35 years I might get it finished one day!

I'd really like to thank Richard for all the help he's given back to the community. Won't you join me in giving her a big round of applause for him? Thanks again, Richard. As they say, "Good show!"

That wraps up the Premiere Pro Community Digest for July 2021. Thanks for checking in and we'll see you next month.

Past Digests

Premiere Pro June 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro May 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro April 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro March 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro January-February 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro Community Digest — July 2021

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Video Community | July 2021 Meet-up
Mark your calendars! Spread the word!

RSVP on YouTube and/or join us live on Facebook

July 28th at 12pmPT (UTC-8) 

About

Learn how to work faster and level up your content with powerful audio tools for video editors in Adobe Premiere Pro. In this session, we will explore the new Speech to Text feature can unlock creativity and efficiency.

Watch live on July 28!

Intro

This month’s meet-up is all about captions and is hosted by Meagan Keane, Adobe Principal Product Marketing Manager.

Demo

See the latest enhancements to captioning workflows — including the release of Speech to Text in Premiere Pro for auto-generated transcripts and captions — with a product demo from Senior Product Manager, Francis Crossman.

Meet the Teams
Host Meagan Keane is joined by Teresa Demel, Senior Product Manager and User Experience Designer, Parker Gibbons for a discussion on big news and big plans to dramatically improve workflows editors use every day.

This virtual event is part of the monthly series — Adobe Video Community Meet-ups — and will go live on Wednesday, July 28th at 12pm PT (UTC-8). Find all the AVC Meet-ups here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzTRmaCL97qv7dc8Uvx63fvs-PuMbt5Z3

Adobe Video Community meet-ups feature product demos, conversations, and Q&A with Adobe product teams, and spotlights exciting projects and creative workflows from the community. Each event is streamed to Adobe Video YouTube and Facebook channels on the last Wednesday of each month. Please help spread the word to your friends, colleagues, and community.

What is Adobe Video Community? Anyone using Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder, Character Animator, Photoshop, Animate... and more to create video content of all stripes.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone!

We are beginning our livestream shortly. Let's talk speech to text!!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines