• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest — September 2020

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2020 (14.4) is here!Premiere Pro 2020 (14.4) is here!Premiere Pro Community Digest

Hey there Premiere Pro Community! Here are your community highlights for September 2020!

Premiere Pro 2020 (14.4) was launched on September 15, 2020. In this release, there are continued stability improvements, improved performance, and even a few new features. The September release is one that has a bit to offer for everyone. Good stuff. For details, see this article.

To recap, the release included 3 new key features: 

Adobe Video World - a GREAT success!Adobe Video World - a GREAT success!Adobe Video World: Premiere Pro masters taught courses at Adobe Video World, from September 12-17. Nick Hauruz, Rich Harrington, Luisa Winters, Abba Shaprio, Jarle Leirpol, and Jeff Greenberg were the featured Premiere Pro presenters. It was the first time the conference has ever been held virtually.

More news on the After Effects Community Report here.

Premiere Pro Team Blog Posts: This month, there were some Premiere Pro Team blog posts you may have missed. Here are some links to the pertinent articles.

Timeline.jpgTop 3 Troubleshooting Threads

1. Why can't I import an .mp4 file?
  2. How to clear your cache in Premiere Pro 2020
  3. How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

We remind you to delete media cache with all projects closed before beginning or updating your Premiere Pro 14.4 project. You can do this from Preferences > Media Cache. See the following video tutorial.

Laptop.jpgTop 3 How-to Threads

FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

Adjust Picture Size in Premiere Pro

How to Motion Track and Blur a Face in Premiere Pro (see video)

Thanks for Attending Adobe MAX 2020!Thanks for Attending Adobe MAX 2020!Coming up next month: Adobe MAX: This year, the conference is virtual and totally free. Sign up for all your sessions now. Be sure to download the Creative Cloud mobile application to stay updated on the conference and to reference your sessions. For details, see this post. Register for the conference here.

R. Neil HaugenR. Neil HaugenFeatured ACP - R. Neil Haugen
Maybe you've noticed him helping others around the forum. Maybe he's helped you! Neil has been around the community for years now. I just wanted to give him a tremendous amount of credit for giving so much of his time assisting others, especially new editors. 

First of all, who is Neil Haugen? Browsing Neil's profile page, you can see that Neil is a pro photographer with years of experience. Neil is very tuned into providing the best possible image for his clients, so naturally, color correction and color grading skills carried over quite well into the video realm.

Neil is a wellspring of knowledge when it comes to color. Neil was one of the original gunslingers when Iridas SpeedGrade was first ported over to Adobe. Neil currently writes and contributes content for Mixing Light, well-known in the colorists realm.

Motion graphics and titles is also an interest of Neil's and loves to help others with those things in the Essential Graphics panel. Personally, I am so glad Neil has taken this on as the feature set is fairly dense and requires a good deal of experience to master it. Neil has created this neat set of keyboard shortcuts you may find useful here

Check out Neil's website for more helpful articles about Premiere Pro and color in the video realm here. This small article only scratches the surface for all Neil has done for the Premiere Pro community. Once again, thank you Neil, for all your help!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit for a living so it is frustrating that any change in my timeline on Premiere Pro, it lags.  I have to constantly wait a few seconds with each change. Obviously, this isn't sustainable so any help would be REALLY appreciated. I have followed every youtube tutorial on the settings inside the software to make it run fast and nothing has helped.  i have lots of ram space too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gundi,

Sorry to hear that. Think we need a lot more info to help, otherwise, we can only give general advice and will simply make assumptions. What we need: OS, system info - like CPU, GPU, RAM, additional drives for media, and the type of media you are using. You can give us those in a reply. Include screenshots. Embed imges using the tools in the toolbar. Do not attach images.

You might want to check this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html

Otherwise, you might be having performance problems because of the following potential issues:

1. Your computer is not meeting system requirements.
  2. Your media is H.264 or HEVC and needs to be transcoded, or proxies need to be created.
  3. You might have an AMD CPU, which does not support H.264 Quick Sync decoding.
  4. Your media drive is too slow, or worse, you don't use a media drive.
  5. Your still images are too large for your smaller sequence.
  6. You are editing too many streams in a multicam sequence.
  7. You are using too many video effects for your particular computer and sequence.
  8. You have too many GPU or CPU intensive processes for your system to handle.
  9. Your monitoring equipment is taxing the GPU excessively.
  10. You are using 4K media and your sequence is HD.
  11. You updated your project file and are still using the media cache from the older project.
  12. Your preferences, sequences, and or clips are corrupt.

With that, you can start troubleshooting by looking at each of these potential blocking points for smooth performance. Usually checking the first two of these can solve most problems. Let us know what's going on in more detail and we can probably assist. Hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to see Neil's efforts being recognised.

What can I say, Neil and I have become good friends over the course of a few years amd have shared wonderful experiences together between continents. 

He is a truly anazing and gentle soul with a dedication to his work that has to be seen to be believed.

It was an absolute pleasure collaborating witn him on ur "N&M" session a while back and also working on solutions for Team Projects behind the scenes.

I am really pleased to see he has got some recognition and in my opinion he deserves a whole lot more from Adobe who he has sacrificed so much of his time for.

An amazing man with a heart of gold...enough said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines