Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules

May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the trial of Premeire Pro CS6 today, and after I launched the application, it said "premiere pro could not find any capable video play modules".

Tried again, no luck.

My graphics card is at the latest driver that HP has out.

What should I do before I give up?

HP DV7t Quad 17'' Laptop

i7 2720

AMD Radeon 6770HD (Switchable Graphics)

8GB Memory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

I was able to resolve this problem on a laptop. In the AMD control panel, the main GPU selected was the Intel integrated video card that come with the processor instead of the more powerfull AMD video card.

So, for those of you out there that have an Intel processor with the integrated GPU, make sure adobe premiere isn't using the Intel GPU to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a more complete document with solutions for Premiere Pro for this issue:

http://bit.ly/Mur4jo

Error: "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i can find that page with google. I tried all three solutions and none worked.

I usea HP Pavillion g series. Win 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't double-post.  I deleted your duplicate topic.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If yours is HP pavillion g4 2002tx and adobe is not treating ur AMD radeon HD 7670m as the primary video card, then go to control panel-->system and security

-->power options-->(look for 'personalization' at bottom left)-->(look for 'display' at bottom left)-->Change display settings-->advanced settings-->go to 'Adapter' tab

Try to disable the Intel Graphics 4000 in the 'Properties' key. Adobe should work then. But might have prob if you need the intel graphics again. but you can always revert your settings using a earlier restore point for windows. Please correct me if there is any wrong and i hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to control panel-->system and security-->power options-->(look for 'personalization' at bottom left)-->(look for 'display' at bottom left)-->Change display settings-->advanced settings-->go to 'Adapter' tab

Try to disable the Intel Graphics 4000 in the 'Properties' key. Adobe should work then. But might have prob if you need the intel graphics again. but you can always revert your settings using a earlier restore point for windows. Please correct me if there is any wrong and i hope it helps.

I might be able to add something here...

I've got a Dell Inspiron 15R, with an AMD Radeon HD 7670M, so I tried the same thing to force the dedicated GPU as default, but I found that if I disabled the Intel Graphics 4000 adapter, Windows (7) reverted to the VgaSAVE driver...

(I also tried the BIOS, but that didn't give me any graphics options at all, and 'run as administrator' didn't work either... that just returned the standard 'no video play modules' error...)

The only way I could get it working was to open up Catalyst Control Center and manually add the Premiere Pro exe file to Power/SwitchableGraphics/OtherApplications... I know that hasn't worked for everyone, but I haven't had any problems since...

(Also set both 'PowerPlay' settings to maximum performance if you're still having problems...)

If this worked for you, I know it's a bit of an annoying way to configure your system just to get applications to run properly, but once you've set up your core high performance programs, it's really handy for conserving power. After I got Premiere Pro working, I went ahead and did the same thing for Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash, but not Audition (so I can scrape a little more juice out of the battery when editing audio tracks on the road...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user in the French forum is in the same case, with a HP DV7. He deactivated the intel GPU, and is facing lower resolution with his Radeon HD7470M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact this was very useful for me.. it work out!!.. i just disable my Intel Graphics for a minute.. just the time that take the program to start... the resolution is sooo low.. so i just enable this again and the program run perfect... Thank from Colombia!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I found a solution that worked for me!

I'm a long time Adobe Suite user, had CS5.5 on my laptop and everything worked great. Updated to the CS6 suite and everything worked fine except for Premiere Pro 6. I was getting the "Could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers" error.

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 (Win 7) with a Intel® Processor Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series Display Adapter.

I tried the tip above to disable the Intel Graphics and and it reverted to the VgaSAVE driver instead of my AMD Radeon. My resolution shrunk down to 1024 but Premiere CS6 now opened without a problem. Working with the low resolution, however, was just not an option.

So I went on the HP website and although Windows said my Intel Graphics 3000 driver was up to date (9/3/11), I found a newer driver (1/21/12). Here's the driver link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3231&DwnldID=20841&ProductFamily=Graph...

I installed it, restarted my computer, and now Premiere CS6 opens up with no problems.

Hopefully this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I had a similar problem and I fixed it changing a parameter in the BIOS, as suggested here (same problem for Prelude)

http://helpx.adobe.com/prelude/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modules.html

The steps you need are:

1) restart your computer

2) press F10 to access the BIOS while restarting

3) change the Switchable Graphics from Dynamic to Fixed.

That worked for me.

Roberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had a similar problem with my Vaio VPCCA35FG and I found this solution which worked for me

1. Go to Catalyst Control Center/Graphics Properties

2. Choose Power/Switchable Graphics Method

3. Change from "Select the graphics processor based on application needs." to "Select the graphics processor manually or based on power source."

4. Click Apply, wait for a few screen flashes and you are all set to start Premier Pro CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem now. I was getting the "could not find any capable video play modules" message. I tried solution 1 and 2 provided by Adobe support to no avail. Then I went to BIOS and changed the Switchable Graphics from Dynamic to Fixed. I was able to access the program, but every few minutes Premiere Pro stops working and I get a message saying that my "AMD display driver has stopped responding and has recovered." The preview windows in Premiere then black out and I can't view anything. I have to go to my task manager, end the premiere process and then restart using task manager to get it working again for a few minutes before I have to do it all over again. My graphics card is a Radeon HD 6490M, I have 8gb RAM, and I am on Windows 7 64-bit Premium. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone to the ATI/AMD Web site, and checked that you have the latest version of the Catalyst drivers? Do not trust Windows, or any utility to tell whether you have the latest drivers - check for those on the site.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm having the same issue... I have a HP Pavilion dv7, with the 6770 series AMD card similar to the original poster. Im assuming its an issue with the switchable graphics card thing. Just purchased CS6 Production Premium and Im eager to edit on Premiere. I have tried almost everything that was suggest previously on this thread that was applicable. I still cannot get the software to work. Any additional ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED

Hi there guys,

I have THE BEST working solution right now.

Go to the Switchable Graphics app and browse for the Premiere Pro 6 folder.

There, select "Adobe Premiere Pro" file and set it to High Performance.

Then go back to the same folder and select "GPUSniffer" and set it to High Performance.

And EUREKA! Everything works!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What and where is the switchable Graphics app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems that causes this particular error is the AMD switchable graphics module.
You access it by right clicking on the desktop.

Another method is to run Premiere Pro as Administrator.

Another method is to update BIOS. But please, don't forget to backup your previous BIOS. To backup the BIOS, the method is given in the link provided below.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/41

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution I found was to uninstall Comcast Constand Guard. It worked for me when nothing else did. I kept norton, just uninstalled Constant Guard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. I was looking for a good excuse to uninstall Constant Guard. And it solved the problem with Premier Pro. Starts up fine now. Not sure how you figured that out, but Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!! I have an HP Envy 3200 8GB RAM and intel i7 NOTHING worked until this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i in same situation can anybody please help me out "adobe premiere pro could not find any capable video play modules please update your video drivers and start again."

...?

My Computer COnfiguration
Dell Inspiron 15r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I believe, I can help you out. Please contact me on sunny@fullmealsstudio.com . Carrying on conversation here will only prolongate the thread unnecessarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is actually simple. I had the same problem with a new HP Envy Win8 OS. What I did was uninstall Premiere Pro. Then I used my internet security(Webroot in this case) and run the scan to clean my registry files. Then did a restart, turned off Webroot and the Windows Firewall. Then reinstalled Premiere Pro and launched the program, before turning back on security features. Now it works just fine. It IS funny how, out of all the other Adobe Apps, this one is the ONLY one to cause a problem, but anyway, this solution worked for me. This solution should probably be made sticky, but who am I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Intel and Radeon cards installed in your PC, configured switchable graphics in Catalyst Control Center and set Premier Pro CS6 to run as admin without success, go to your BIOS and change your graphics mode there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines