Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules

May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the trial of Premeire Pro CS6 today, and after I launched the application, it said "premiere pro could not find any capable video play modules".

Tried again, no luck.

My graphics card is at the latest driver that HP has out.

What should I do before I give up?

HP DV7t Quad 17'' Laptop

i7 2720

AMD Radeon 6770HD (Switchable Graphics)

8GB Memory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

I was able to resolve this problem on a laptop. In the AMD control panel, the main GPU selected was the Intel integrated video card that come with the processor instead of the more powerfull AMD video card.

So, for those of you out there that have an Intel processor with the integrated GPU, make sure adobe premiere isn't using the Intel GPU to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about if you have a desktop PC...

I have a Dell T3610 and it just started doing this today, no dual video cards at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check your BIOS settings? What graphics card do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must set the GPUSNIFER.EXE as High performance in Catalist Control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I'm completely befuddled and frustrated. I'm getting this exact same error message ("Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again.") despite setting Premiere Pro CS6 to Run As Administrator and Run With Graphics Processor: High Performance NVIDIA Processor. After Effects, Photoshop and Audition all open without a hitch. I have the most current GeForce driver available (that isn't in Beta, that is). I've tried running the compatibility troubleshooter and everything. Nothing fixes it.

Here's the thing. Premiere will occasionally work. The problem is, I can't nail down what changes. I've tried a myriad of things but can't seem to figure out why it'll suddenly work, I'll be in there for a long time with no issue, I'll close out and put the laptop to sleep, come back later to work again and the error greets me once more. None of the above solve my problem.

Here's my info: Asus Q550LF; Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 8GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

GeForce GT 745M Driver Version: 337.88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered something: if I have my laptop plugged in to a power source, Premiere powers up without a hitch. Unplugged, I get the aforementioned error message. However, if I plug it in, open Premiere and then unplug the power cord, Premiere functions fine. I've been through all the power options and cannot find anything that seems to be blocking Premiere or the graphics driver from being functional based on power connectivity. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

I faced the similar problem, here is my laptop config

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Core i7 Intel Chipset

AMD Radeon 8600M 2GB

16 GB DDR3 RAM

I simply uninstalled the AMD Catalys Control Center and also other AMD related softwares from my system, downloaded the latest, AMD Control Center from : Download Drivers (you have to select your preferences first), and installed it fresh, Then I ran the the Premier Pro with Administrative Power (Right click and run as administrator).

and it simply is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to solve the same error on start up. "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." I have a MacBook Pro.

Processor: 2.9GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8GB

Graphics: Intel HD Grpahics 4000

VRAM: 1024MB

I've looked at: Error "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules" | Startup

Looked into #1, I think #2 and #3 don't pertain to me because of the Intel HD graphics, but let me know if I'm wrong, and would need more help to do #4.

Is my system not set up for Premiere? What are solutions for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I found it solution for that. It made by your firewall blocking adobe premiere pro.exe file, GPUSniffer.exe and dynamicklinkmanager.exe. You have to just let those files through your firewall.

That's all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swell... I founded a palliative solution... I converted all files to WAV audio 48000 16bit and is running very well. I exported all audios sequence before editing and completely replaces the audio track .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm not sure if this will work for anyone that is having this problem, but since I did not have the switchable graphic card option I simply went to the adobe folder where this program is located and right clicked on it and clicked on the option "Comparability Troubleshoot." Worked just fine after that. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update (download & install) your intel hd graphics drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your intel HD graphics driver, it might not work through device manager so go to intel's website and download the latest, this will give you the open gl support before any application starts using your AMD card.

Try opening premiere pro now. It wont work even now, because in catalyst control center premiere pro is somehow listed to use the intel GPU, so what you need to do next is just go to your program files directory and rename premiere pro.exe to something else just like some other guy has on some other website i dont remember, like premiere pro CC.exe or something.

Try opening premiere pro now, it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the newest trial version and I'm using amd radeon hd 5970.
It can lunch when I disabled the amd drive and only use default window driver but it's at a low resolution.

Once I enabled the amd drive, it shows that "could not find any capable video modules" message again

Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am having the same problem with a slight difference! I've called Adobe twice and they haven't be able to fix it. It's been 3 weeks where I can't edit at home and it's frustrating to say the least. Here's my problem.

I don't have any GPU cards like AMD or NVIDIA, I have Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000. I wondered if I needed to upgrade for it to work but I read in the premiere pro system requirements that having an AMD or NVIDIA is optional.

• Optional: Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance

So technically it should work but I just can't put my finger on what's the problem. I've everything on this thread and still no luck! Looks like I'm going to have to call Adobe again if I can't solve it. But if anyone else has any suggestions other than what's mentioned then please let me know! So many projects now on hold!

Thanks

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you don't block Adobe Premiere Pro and its processes, like GPUSniffer.exe and dynamicklinkmanager.exe with a firewall.

If you block this program with a firewall, you might get this error:

2015-11-07_21-21-21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a temporary fix for Windows 8.1.

First, open My PC, or This PC, whatever yours is listed under.

Second, click on the blue Question Mark or PC Help button. Mine is in the upper right corner.

Third, type in Video Display Drivers.

Fourth, click on Hardware And Devices, then click on Next.

My computer automatically found the problem driver and fixed it long enough to open Premiere Pro once. I have to go through this process every time I turn on my computer, so it is not a permanent resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac users:

Found this solution and it worked like a charm.  No removing package files and so on: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This WORKS for mac users! - THX mikemitchum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Pavilion g6 -1210TX with same problem. Have spent hours on phone to HPsupport who have been very helpful, have downloaded all new drivers...none resolve the  issue.

Can get CS6 to work, but only if I disable Intel driver  in Device manager , however I lose all brightness control on laptop. HP have advised to talk to Adobe

Anyone else resolved the two conflicts . Premier Pro CS6  functioning and Laptop  brightness ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I've tried all the fix mentioned in this topics and some other found in other website but I have the same problem:-(

When I start my Premiere CC 2015.2, trial mode downloaded some days ago, I receive the classical error.

Here my Actions:

- Start program as Administrator

- Updated the nvidia driver > 361.91 > Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE

- Try the program execution for Windows 8, Windows 7

- Nvidia panel > High performance (instead of balanced performance)

Now I have only 20 days remaining to try the CC 2015.2, if you have any suggestion I'll very pleased as, at this point, I can't do anything more.

Many thanks for you special support/consideration..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem after using trying to increase my TCP performance with a tool called TCP Optimizer.

Not thinking this change in my TCP registry settings caused it, I added the Dynamic Link manager and GPUSniffer programs to allow through my firewall.

Didn't fix it.

I had to go back and reset my TCP settings to Windows 7 default in TCP Optimizer.

I haven't seen this as a resolution but want folks to be aware that if you do change your TCP settings or TCP registry entries, it will cause this issue even though you have a good internet connection.

R/Hank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Anti-Virus etc.  AVG Anti-Virus Free was preventing Premiere from opening up for me.  After trying everything I read on the forums I took a gamble on temporarily turning it off to see if it was the culprit.  Sure enough, it was.  Now to find a new Anti-virus...  Hopefully that helps those of you that are having an issue with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep AVG was doing it to me also. Though I disabled avg before going through all of the other suggestions and it didn't fix it the first time. The final thing I did was change the permissions on the adobe folder to all everyone everything AND then disabled avg and it finally worked. Ive been able to consistently disable avg to get it started several times and feel confident that is the issue. I think I can just temp disable AVG for 10 minutes to get premiere opened. Then when avg turns back on all is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here as the AVG.

I thing that in the early on April AVG made some upgrade that causes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 04/04/2016 AVG Antivirus released a version that makes this issue at starting Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015. Check for the solution at this thread: AVG Antivirus blocking all my CC apps

At the moment, the only workaround is to disable AVG antivirus before starting Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines