• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing Every 2 minutes

Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what is happening. First I received a random message about an audio filter not loading.... and now I can't even edit. The app quits after 2 minutes or less.....I have updated Premiere, cleared the cache, cleared the preferences, deleted the entire adobe premiere file in the documents folder, I rebooted, ran disc utility, updated cuda driver, rebooted again, tried changin preview file type .... all to no avail.... just keeps crashing!

..... I really just want to complete my project.

What is happening? Anyone?

Thanks!
Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

so not sure if it might help some. But I noticed I kept getting a message about an obsolete audio filter denoiser(Obsolete).

It is deprecated. So I went through all the clips and deleted it from the Effect Controls Panel, and Premiere seems to behaving a bit better.

I know it can be frustrating when things aren't working and you are trying to complete a project.... so I hope this helps someone!

cheers,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

We’re so sorry to hear about the application crash. Is there any error message after the crash? If so, share a screenshot with us.

Is there any specific action that triggers the crash? Share the workflow with us.

What are the system specs(OS, RAM, CPU, GPU)? What is the dot version of the application?

Are you logged into the machine as an Administrator?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just doing simple edits of Instructional videos for the Animate team.. and after about a minute or so it just freezes, or shows the "serious error" dialogue box, or just shows me the spinning color wheel!

Here is a screen shot, and computer specs (and yes I need a new laptop, but Ive editing much larger projects without problem.

I am using the latest updated software.

serious-error-message.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.35.57 AM.png

mac-OS.png

Please help!

thanks,
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info, Mark. I am sure you might have already performed the basic troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

So I checked with the team with the info you provided to get more suggestions.

Are you using the best practices suggested in this article to use images in the app? Importing still images into Premiere Pro

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't see how images would be the issue here. But no, there are no images in my file. All videos.

And I just purchased a brand new MacBook Pro, and I opened up Premiere, opened my file.... and within two minutes...... spinning Color Wheel..... and CRASH. This is extremely frustrating! I purchased a brand new computer....reloaded all software..... I have nothing else opened and still it just keeps crashing. I moved media from desktop to external..... I am spinning my wheels and wasting my days.... and getting nowhere.... and being self employed this is DAYS of no money for me. Not a penny. I'm not the only one.... what is going on?

I need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the free version of the Da Vinci Resolve, it helps a lot when premiere is crashing, bad thing is to have time to learn!

but, it's a good plan B when everything is going Adobe ways of doing things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, i have a simillar problem, every time i try to change subtitles or i'm editing and try to preview, it crashes and i have to close everything and my edit is lost, it's so frustating, i have some screenshots of the bug:

Captura de Tela (95).png

Captura de Tela (96).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try holding down "Shift" and "Option" when you launch Premiere. This will remove plugin cache and preferences .... supposedly clears about most issues.... unfortunately its not working for me.

It is frustrating when you're just trying to work and complete a project.... and can't! Urgh!

Hope this helps!
mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem. simple cut and delete editing, after 5 minutes each time (and I've timed it), spinning wheel and "serious error." Ive tried resetting my window, tried the shift and option when opening, made sure the permissions on Adobe are read and write for everything, and NOTHING. i repeat, NOTHING, is working. it continues to crash, lag, and be a general pain in the backside to work on. And, like many others, I've used this software for YEARS and NEVER encountered this type of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the poor experience, SkylerWolf. If there is an error message after the crash, share a screenshot.

Just for a test, create a new administrator account in the OS, login to it and see if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so not sure if it might help some. But I noticed I kept getting a message about an obsolete audio filter denoiser(Obsolete).

It is deprecated. So I went through all the clips and deleted it from the Effect Controls Panel, and Premiere seems to behaving a bit better.

I know it can be frustrating when things aren't working and you are trying to complete a project.... so I hope this helps someone!

cheers,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines