Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing on loading recent project

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
lately it happens that after opening Premiere Pro and after the choice screen has appeared, choosing to open a recent project, randomly, Premiere Pro, after starting to load the chosen project, around 75% of loading crashes.
This has been going on for weeks now. I heard Adobe support but they started with the usual round of useless questions.
I haven't installed any third party plugins lately, the only thing I've updated is the video card. This is an RTX 2070 and of course I always keep the whole Adobe package up to date.
I work on Windows 10 Pro, which is also always up to date.
Clearly, I tried to clear the TEMP folders, media cache files and so on but to no avail.
For now I go on creating a new project and importing the project that crashes, in this way I can finish the job but every time I close the project, at the time of reopening I have to create a blank project and import the latest version of the project .
It is exhausting.
Can anyone help me or have encountered the same problem?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A curious question.. if you create a blank project, DON'T import whatever that project is. Do some stuff. Close it and then open that one, does it crash? Or does it work fine?

Your fix might be to not import that one project? Not sure, depends on the answer to my above question. Not saying it's a good option, but it might be the only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but I didn't understand your question clearly.
My problem is that randomly, creating a new project and then working on it, everything is fine but then closing and reopening it happens, sometimes, that it does not reopen, chashing it repeatedly.
At that point the only solution I found is to open a blank project and import the old project that kept crashing. But in case I had to close that second project in which I imported the first "failed" project, when the second project is restarted it will repeat the same thing with the crash and I will be forced to create a third blank project in which I will have to import the second project and so on .
Those of the adobe support, after 2 hours of remote live assistance, gave up or at least asked me 24/48 hours to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you done any recent premiere updates?  If so you might want to revert to the previous version.  You might also try creating a new project and importing the old project rather than opening it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
with Adobe remote assistance, we tried to downgrade from version 15.2 to 15 but that hasn't changed.
Premiere pro always crashes the same.
And not on all recent projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines