• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.4 / 6.0.5) update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why this update link isn't working?  I really would like to update my CS6 because of the .cfa issue.  Thanks

Here is the link:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5631&fileID=5643#

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

How to get a previous version... Read reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying Chat Support now and I am being bounce around a lot, but I will hang in there.  I am also looking at some of the links in your reply and I will give those a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going on 2 and a half hours and no one has been rude, but they haven't been helpful.  It is like they don't understand what I am asking and it is very frustrating.  Did any one actually get a link to the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremyl10744730, sorry you are facing problems updating Premiere Pro CS6.  What error messages do you receive when you attempt to update Premiere Pro from Help>Updates?

If you are receiving errors then what Adobe software, and versions, are currently installed on the computer?  Did you have a newer version of Premiere Pro installed previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff!  Well when I go to update from within Premiere it says I am already updated, but it also shows I only have Ver. 6 not the 6.0.5 Ver.  So I tried the link here https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/premiere-pro-cs6-6-0-4-update/ it doesn't link to the update but just says its not found and also says The requested URL /pub/adobe/premiere/win/6.x/PremiereProTrial-6.0.5-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip was not found on this server. Well I didn't give up and went to the Support Chat and close to 3 hours later a helpful Support Tech named Ankit sent me a link to the latest Ver of CS6 Production P and tonight I am going to try and see if that will update my CS6 Premiere to 6.0.5.  As I told Ankit I am on the current CC through my job.  It is just that I have a ton of older projects that I regularly use and my workflow works best for me having them on CS6.  Anyways, I hope this works out tonight and I will update you on my progress.  Thanks for responding no my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the clarification, Jeremyl10744730.

If you continue to face difficulties then I would recommend using CS6 on a computer which does not have a Creative Cloud membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did put a Creative Cloud membership for my Photoshop and Lightroom on this computer.  The Creative Cloud with the CC2019 software is on a different computer, but I do think you are right about the other CC programs on the CS6 computer causing the issue.  Thanks for all the suggestions!  Tonight do I need to run an Adobe Cleaning program to remove the CS6 first or do you think when I do the install it will give me an option to update the CS6 to the CS6.0.5 that is on the copy Ankit sent me (Product version 6.0.335.0)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremyl10744730, try the update you were provided.  If it still fails to update then I would recommend you remove all Adobe software, followed by running the CC Cleaner Tool from Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems , and then reinstall Creative Suite 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.  I tried the update and that didn't work.  Then I uninstalled all the software and ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner and reinstalled and that didn't work either.  Once I had all the software back and it looked like it was updating I checked and most of the programs did update except for Premiere Pro CS6 (still only 6.0), Audition (ver. 5.0) and After Effects (ver. 11.0.0.378).  Do you have any thoughts or would it be possible to share my desktop and explore this for me?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremyl10744730, what error did you receive when you attempted to apply the updates for Premiere Pro CS6 and Audition?  If you do not recall then the error will be recorded in the installation log.  You can find information on how to locate the installation log at Troubleshoot install issues with log files in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6, CS5.5, CS5), PS Elements, a... .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice any error message. Once I reinstalled the software I opened Premiere and under the Help drop down I was able to click update and it took me to the updater and from there I clicked update, closed Premiere and it said it was downloading then it said it was installing.  After it was finished it still showed ver. 6.0

I still access and edit archived projects, the only issue I have is that the .cfa and .pek files can't be rerouted to my dedicated Scratch drive as I had previously done prior to my computer rebuild. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should still be an error recorded either within the installation log or PDAapp.log, Jeremyl10744730.  Without the specific error message, I do not have any suggestions on how you can resolve the failure to update Premiere Pro CS6.

I am unsure, regarding your question regarding the scratch disk, Jeremyl10744730.  If you are unable to adjust this setting, then you may want to verify you have sufficient scratch disk space on the primary drive for Premiere Pro CS6.  The requirements may be easier to meet if you are using a modern computer while running the older Premiere Pro CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I get back home tonight I will check for that error code and get it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.  Do you want me to copy and past the entire log?  Or can I email it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Jeremyl10744730, there is no need to send the log file to me.  Please use the find command to locate the relevant error as discussed in Troubleshoot install issues with log files in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6, CS5.5, CS5), PS Elements, a... .

If you have any questions on how to resolve the error, then please post that portion of the log file to this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relating to what I read in the Troubleshoot info I don't see any errors but I did see this:

06/14/19 21:57:09:073 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE | |  |  | 4864 | Successfully updated the csu inventory for Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Support 6.0.0.0 {CDAC14AB-1424-4E9C-8515-EA89D7F37243} return values 0:0

I am not sure if this helps, but at that time I did the Uninstall, Adobe Cleaning Tool and then my clean install followed by the update to Premiere, which went through the motions of downloading then installing and then giving me the message the the update was successful.  Because of that it makes me wonder what happen because most all of the programs did update except for Audition, After Effects and Premiere.  I kind of don't want to keep uninstalling and installing because I worry that the problem still won't get address.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are unable to locate any errors, using the Find command in your favorite text editor, then I do not have any additional suggestions. 

You may also encounter other issues/errors by using Creative Suite 6 with modern operating systems, Jeremyl10744730.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did do that with the Find command and nothing relating to install or updating errors showed so there's that. Is that update that is shown at the top of this page (PremiereProTrial-6.0.5-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip) available anywhere as a download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremyl10744730, please work with our support team directly at Contact Customer Care to see if the updates are available. 

It doesn't appear you are facing a download error though, so you may still find that the updates continue to fail even if you try applying them locally.

If you do discover the error within the installation logs, then please update this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give them a try, but do you see that at the top of the forum page there is a link to the 6.0.5 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, Jeremyl10744730, but all downloads for perpetual products are now either available through your account or directly from our support team.  The link you referenced at the top of this discussion has been disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff can you send me the links to how to completely remove all Adobe products so I can cross reference what I did when I attempted to delete the programs?  I just want to double check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremyl10744730, the link to the CC Cleaner tool is in message #8 of this public forum discussion.  You will also want to make sure and run the uninstallers for each application before running the CC Cleaner Tool.

If you need more details on how to remove applications then can you please update this discussion with the operating system you are attempting to install Photoshop CS6 on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Windows 7 64bit machine.  Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines