• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro - Lumetri bug!!!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a new iMac Pro, 64gb ram.

The project is a 38 min documentary, all colored in Lumetri. The problem is, within the Program Monitor, AND even after export, some of the clips look the way I colored them, and others have a faded look – as if I had added the "faded film" effect to it, even though I didn't. Even more weirdly, it the image in the Program Monitor flickers off and on (faded to normal) even WHILE I'M EDITING.

I've tried lots of things. Uninstalling/reinstalling Premiere, trashing preferences, manually deleting all cache files for project, deleting all preview files. Starting a brand new project file and copying over only that sequence. I even duplicated my main sequence (38 min cut), deleted ALL Lumetri effects, and started from scratch coloring a few of the clips, and it started doing it again (faded flickering even while I'm making the adjustments in Lumetri), and then ultimately, it looks like crap after export. But some clips looks great!

All the footage I'm working with is from Canon C200 (compressed, h.264 mp4 files, which Premiere really doesn't like). That said, I've finished 8 other projects this last month alone with new problems like this particular one. Another important note is that I have proxy files attached (created within premiere), and the proxies naturally seem to look a bit flatter than the originals, so at first I think maybe Premiere was being confused and switching because the proxies and original even without me toggling the proxy button. But I don't think it's that.

Any suggestions are welcome! It's really important that I export a clean cut of this where all the color looks accurate, and I'm afraid this is a bug issue that I won't have any control over.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question: how much ram does your GPU have ?

Lumetri is quite GPU intensive, so maybe the flickering could be coming from the lumetri engine failing to get enough ram. Could you try to set your Premiere to use "software only" instead of "Open CL" or "Metal"? Do you still notice the color instability?

Also, if you export a shot that displays color instability inside premiere, is the exported footage also faded/flickery, or is it rendered properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 64gb ram total, 59 reserved for Premiere. It doesn't flicker in the export, but it just looks faded in export, like I bumped up the shadows. And I'm not a pixel peeper - it's a noticeable difference. But the thing is it is totally random. I've exported the project about 10 times now, and sometimes, certain sections look just how I colored them in Lumetri, and other times, they look faded. So it's impossible to narrow it down to a few defective clips.

Do you mean switch the export render to Software Only? Or the sequence renderer? Or both. I'll give that a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ist der Effekt auch beim direkten Export ohne Media Encoder? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, direct export, not Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will send you a PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to / interesting in compiling a few of the problematic sections into a shareable project test project?

I'd be happy to take a look.    Have you enabled Display Color Management under Preferences>General?  I'd recommend this setting as you're working on a new P3 display.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is reaaaallly clunky, so I'm hesitant to try to do a shared test project. It's 38 min, and as I said before, Premiere seems to HATE the C200 MP4 clips, so as it is, it is incredibly slow just to skim through the timeline of my main sequence. For instance, if I click to a new spot in the timeline, there's a 4-6 second delay before clip at the new timeline spot displays properly in the Program Monitor.

I enabled the Display Color Management, and immediately I saw a slight shift, where all the clips had more contrast/saturation, and I was excited that maybe that did the trick. But then in a few clips I noticed a slight faded flicker during playback, and after exporting the entire 38 min cut, once again, some clips look faded, and some look great. I'd say about 30-40 percent of the entire film looks slightly faded. And it's totally random, it's not the same clips every time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ist das bei direktem Export aus Premiere oder über Media Encoder?

Wenn über Media Encoder bitte mal Einstellungen - Allgemein - Sequenzen nativ importieren den Hacken raus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bryant56310067 @Wes Howell

Having the same problem. Once I exit the "Color" workspace, random clips appear faded even though the Lumetri color effect is still applied to those clips. Upon returning to the Color workspace to view my scopes, the black levels of these clips have been raised drastically resulting in the faded look - all without me doing anything to them. As a full time professional editor at an agency working on everything from commercials to long form docs for businesses and corporations of all sizes, this Premiere/Lumetri bug is a huge hinderance in my usually efficient post-production workflow inside Premiere. I have to export an XML to an older version of Premiere to keep working with Lumetri or go to Resolve. Have you been able to figure this out yet?

Thanks,

Jared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am working with Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2. Here's my operating system specs:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

iMac Pro (2017)

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W Processor

64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB Graphics

Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I worked with bryant56310067 last year on this and we made progress.  I've pinged him again to get another newer update.

@jaredu9964380, I'll shoot you a PM.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still unresolved for me. Wes, you were helpful in identifying the slow down in my timeline, which was all the audio effects. And that is still a problem for me and all my other projects, which is frustrating. The moment I add any audio effect on a clip, playback slows down and when I click play, sometimes it takes a couple seconds to actually play. Then I delete the effect, and it's fine.

The Lumetri color bug is specific to one particular project, which I haven't opened in weeks because I'm waiting for client feedback. I haven't experienced it in other current projects, but I did experience in past finished projects as well. So this thread is still unresolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Minor update.

I've been working with users on this thread.  Thanks for the help.

Disabling hardware decoding in Prefs>Media is a current workaround for Intermittent shifts in black levels.

This issue appears to be related to a specific chipset / hardware config (iMac Pro) and disabling the pref in AME and Pr Pro has worked well.  It shouldn't have a significant impact on performance and we are working on this issue internally.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines