• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Multicamera lags on my very powerful PC when moving the blue bar

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multicamera is working bad on my PC and i don't understand why, considering the specs.

It works smooth when i hit play (it starts after 3-4 seconds), but when i drag the blue bar into the timeline, the real lag comes out. Every time i move that bar around the timeline, it lags.

Here is an example of such lag:

lag%20premiere%20gif.gif

Is such lag normal, considering that i'm using proxies?

The video files are on a NAS QNAP connected with 10Gb ethernet, and the proxy files are on a RAID 0 SSD installed on the machine. Of course, when i experience such lag, the proxies are active and online.

Here are my specs:

• Adobe CC 2015.3 apps
  • Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1607, build 14393.447
  • CPU: I7-6900K
  • GPU GTX 1080 Gaming G1
  • 128GB RAM
  • 512GB M.2 SSD for OS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to update this post to tell that the longer the sequence is, the slower premiere gets.

It's almost impossible to work like that.

Since the first post, now i reached 90 minutes of editing and every time i move the cursor i have to wait like 20 seconds for premiere pro to wake up. It's taking me forever to edit this video.

Great performance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you confirm you have un-ticked "Enable accelerated Intel h.264 decoding" in preferences/media tab and closed extra premiere panels-hidden?

does it lag with what jim recommends, cineform? those are even more hard drive intensive, so if they work, then its probably your cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have un-ticked that and actually the performance boosted. Now it takes half of the time, but it is still not immediate. I have to wait like 5-6 seconds (previously it was more than 10, sometimes 20).

It's something!

I will try with next project with cineform proxies and see what happens.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a lot of people have been having problems with smooth playback,

here's my total "make everything playback smoother" solutions chart.

2. add premiere in NVidia Control Panel as an application for discrete gpu

3. power option-maximum performance

4. Make Sure The Composite Preview During Trim is Turned Off and also make sure your Reference Monitor is Also Closed it

Will Help Solve the Choppy Playback

5. Set Preferences : > Audio hardware > Default Input: to None

12. disable "High Quality Playback" setting in the monitor wrench menu improves gpu

13. disable mercury transmit

15. freezing up on mac permission issue

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/09/10/premiere-pro-cc-freezing-on-...

19. Changed Audio Hardware from MME to ASIO.(lower level audio driver for lower latency)

20. Limited Premiere's RAM allocation to 32Gb if you have 64GB

21. In task manager, set affinity to utilize only 16 cores for PP (unfortunately, this setting does not hold on re-launch)

23. in bios, disable Intel Speedstep.

24. disable C1E - in the bios, power settings,change to performance.

25. Mod note: These steps were removed as they refer to internal debug tools. These are not user facing, can cause serious issues with the application, nor are they to be used except by Adobe engineering.

26. set audio to 44.1 in hardware and premiere

audio pref - disable play audio while scrubbing

disable maintain pitch

audio hardware latency 200ms

disable sequence composite linear color

sequence audio settings 32000hz

sequence settings preview file 1920x1080 1/2 size video frame size 3840x2160 then 1/2 size playback

27. in monitor, pull markers together so there's less tick marks per inch, the playback marker will go offscreen while

playing back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I will try all these features in 20 days when i'll be back from a long trip and i'll keep you posted on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally i'm back from my trip and i could test your edits.

The steps 2,3,4 actually made a HUGE improvement and i must say thank you! Once i closed the reference monitor everything speeded up.

The step 25 actually gave me some issues because PPRO started to crash after a couple minutes every time i started it. So i rolled the edits back.

But now i'm experience a new problem (see the GIF below). as you can see the playback is very very smooth (THANK YOU), but if i change even one single clip in the timeline (stretch, cut, delete, move, or even simply "copy" it without actually changing it) the playback freezes for more than 10 seconds and i have to wait before the Program monitor shows the preview again.

Why?

premiere%20playback%20smooth%20FREEZE.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user posted an interesting work-around a couple days back ... he opened a new window, and moved his timeline into that window ... and playback smoothness improved dramatically, he said. Haven't tried it yet myself ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you make a video for this tipps please

because I dont know how to do these tipps

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is such lag normal, considering that i'm using proxies?

For H.264 proxies, yes.  For Cineform proxies, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps RoninEdits​ or SAFEHARBOR11​ or Bill Gehrke​ might have some help ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your other storage devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other storage devices are 7200RPM Hard Disks which are not used for this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines