• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not opening

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason premiere pro does not open. I reset my computer, end all adobe processes over and over and maybe 1 in 20 times does it actually open the program. Then half the time it crashes. I do not have the time or money to use a program with so so so many issues. Why is this happening? If it cannot be fixed I will gladly take my money to a program that I can calmly use without so much frustration.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Hi Kevin,

Check out: Why is my Premiere Pro app crashing on launch?

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

I've been plagued with this problem for awhile and JUST found the solution that worked for me. Reallly simple. This link takes you to Microsoft Visual C++. Just click download and select 64bit then repair. Boom. Fixes Premiere Pro 2021 in about 5 seconds. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevinh78921672,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issue with Premiere Pro. We need your system info(OS version, RAM, CPU, GPU) to troubleshoot this issue.

Is there any error message after the crash? If so, share a screenshot with us.

Are you logged in as an Administrator? If you are on windows, try launching the app as an admin using the steps in this article: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Please let us know the status after trying the step.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had this issue as well. It was resolved by: 

• Open your computer's task manager 
  • Find Premiere Pro and select it
  • Click 'End Task' 
  • try opening the app again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue using CC2021. End Task doesn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: updating through Creative Cloud solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up, after updating through CC, the project hangs on opening for up to 30 minutes. This problem continued after transcodng the project to DNxHR/DNxHD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I would just restart my computer, thank you for the help this saved me much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Check out: Why is my Premiere Pro app crashing on launch?

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After following all the steps, this page was unable to resolve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Restarting PC, restarting application after End Task - nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Uninstalled/Reinstalled, updated app, restarted computerl, watched video on resetting and followed instructions, and still no Premier Pro. I'm on Windows 10 and my system meet all the requirements. What next? I have to complete a project/ What other software can I use that will give me the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue although, luckily, I'm not facing an imminent deadline. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, updated, restarted, all to no avail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been plagued with this problem for awhile and JUST found the solution that worked for me. Reallly simple. This link takes you to Microsoft Visual C++. Just click download and select 64bit then repair. Boom. Fixes Premiere Pro 2021 in about 5 seconds. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is on helpful at all to anyone using a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect solution, solve the problem very easily. Thanks a Million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one finally solved my issues!

PP would not open or even attempt to launch. It kept telling me ( when I went to it's actual folder outside of creative cloud) that the file extension was missing or corrupt. Try to uninstall and reinstall. Which I did about a dozen times. Finally uninstalled all of adobe and reinstalled, still didn't work.

I just repaired the driver that this link takes you to and PP launched totally normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too!! Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bro youre the best! Ive been here for weeks trying to figure out why my PP wouldnt open, I followed that link repaired file and viola 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooooooo much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ignored this answer for two days and tried other things, but this really does solve it. I'm not a big fan of clicking links from a forum, but I verified it as the real Microsoft site. Honestly I'm wondering if this might fix a few other Quirks my computer has had. A lot of programs use C++. 

Thanks, Eleni5EED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was scouring youtube and this was the only fix LETS GOO!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm honestly usually really reluctant to try downloading something from a chat like this but honestly it instantly fixed the problem. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, you're the only one I found who provided an actual solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks! Wasn't launching at all, installed this and boom, straight in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines