Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro - Several Issues

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I have several issues...and I have gone to customer service to no avail.

HP Z840 Workstation

Windows 10 pro 64-bit

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 v3 @2.40ghz 2.40ghz (2 processors)

128 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro P5000

1) My first and foremost issue is upgrading PP. I am using PP 2020 version 14.0.0. I cannot upgrade as my biggest project that I started back in April will not open in any other upgraded versions above 14.0.0. This project is one that I can't just re-create, as I contunuosly use the same long for edits over and over, changing out GFX monthly. There are 30 Sequences that have been edited for a client that change monthly. It would take forever to re-create them. But...I want to be current with Adobe products. No one with custmoer service could figure it out...evenn being in my computer for hours trying. and btw, there are no special plugins used on these spots. Just lumetri and some transitions.

2) Cache Files always go to c[\users\####\AppData\Local\Adobe|Lightroom\Cahces\Video

I change this so they go to designated drive and it always reverts. And I've noticed they become corrupt a lot. What would be the best practice for cache?

3) Not sure if this is the right place, but the Cloud always makes me sign in. And a lot  of times, if I have premiere open and I want to open PS, I have to sign in again and I will be logged out.

As I said, I have gone to support for this and can't ever get this fixed. They will route around in there and "fix' some things, then it's back to square one. They have never been able to figure out the upgrade issue.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Premiere for the first time I have to sign in.  Twice Adobe Technical Support tried to fix the problem. They were not able to.  They thought it might be a Windows 10 problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing. Tha can't ever fix it. It is possible it is a Windows 10 issue. Someone needs to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Did you try creating a new project in a newer version and import the old project into it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. It just hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the project is really big and complicated, by "it hangs" do you mean that you waited long enough (like 1 hour or more), and no changes, and during that there was no load on CPU/SSD/HDD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines