• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro suddenly taking EXTREMELY long to export very simple 'Ken Burns' stills video

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

In my job I often export very simple Ken Burns-style video: often one large image being panned across and zoomed into - about 60-120 secs in duration. They're 1080x1080 size, 25 fps exporting as mp4.

They normally take about 20 seconds to export. 

As of yesterday, they are now taking outrageously long to export. 8 hours, 4 hours. NO settings have been changed my end, whatsoever in the time that these. I've tried the usual workarounds people suggest: Use Previews, lower bitrate, CUDA etc.

I'm using the latest update of Premiere Pro CC on a 2019 MacBook Pro.

Any help warmly appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

But what are the dimensions (in pixels) of the still images you are working with? If they are very high-resolution like 10,000 x 12,000 pixels or whatever, that can REALLY mess with things

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what are the dimensions (in pixels) of the still images you are working with? If they are very high-resolution like 10,000 x 12,000 pixels or whatever, that can REALLY mess with things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be the issue I guess. I've had a look at a few of the images and they're generally in the region 3000x7000.

Do you think that's what's causing it? Once the images are part of a flattened video they re-export in absolutely no time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have 7000 pixels in the source and only 1080 in output. Unless you are really zooming in tight on a small area, that's a lot of extra unecessary overhead for the system to process. Hop over to Photoshop and downsize the source images some and see if that helps. Maybe cut the size in half at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines