• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Workspaces STILL not working

Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I updated to Version 12.1.2 (Build 69) hoping that the problem with my Workspaces would be fixed but it wasn't.

When I arrange my windows the way I like them, I go Workspaces --> Save As New Workspace, title and save it. But when I close Premiere and re-open a project, the windows are not where I saved them. If I go to Workspaces --> and select the new one I just saved, nothing changes!

This was a problem before today's update and continues to be a problem despite this from Adobe's list of Bug Fixes in the new version: "Workspaces save now correctly with the project"

I have been putting up with this issue hoping it would be fixed in the next update but sadly it was not.

Any suggestions?

macOS

High Sierra - Version 10.13.5

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here, the projects bin always goes to the right and top most square/panel.

In these pictures you can see how my premiere starts up, with the project/media panel on the right - and how it should be on the top left. So far no troubleshooting in this thread has worked. Honestly not surprised there hasn't been much or any effort towards this with the amount of other bugs that Premiere has. Going to be paying a visit to my pals over at Blackmagic and Davinci soon enough.premiere garbage.png

premiere good-ish.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all the of the troubleshooting recommendations and I'm still having the same problem with the workspaces. My custom workspaces do not open to the saved positions. The  project panel always goes to the top right position. Regardless of where I save it. Adobe has been no help to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I am not able to get back saved workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe has been no help to me."

Not surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to the lasted Adobe Premiere Pro on my Mac Pro and I'm getting similar issues with saving my workspace.  If I make changes to my workspace and save it they will "not" keep when opening a new project.  If I open a project that I've made the workspace changes too they will keep.  It's only when opening a new project that I have to adjust my workspace to my liking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured out a fix! Under "Window > Workspaces" Untick "Import Workspace from Projects"... it worked for me anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes ... you can't expect to keep your workspaces the same if you tell Premiere to always import them from projects. Making sure that is not checked is a basic step to keeping a consistent set of workspaces.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to believe that complaints about saving workspaces has been going on for THREE YEARS.  Aren't you guys at Adobe reading these posts??  Consider how much time your subscribers waste trying to configure their workspaces with each new project, and sometimes during a project.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

The subset of users with this problem is rather a small one relatively speaking. And it has occurred and been fixed a couple times ... so it's not been a continuous issues for three years for any large group. And yes, I've been one of the ones affected by this a few months back.

What fixed it for me was doing a sync process with my CC account ... after completing a down/up set of syncs, they've held fine since.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem for over 2 years - It is infuriating!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What troubleshooting have you done? There are a number of things to check. One of the more common problems is antivirus blocking PrPro access to folders. Another is having say OneDrive auto-controlling all sorts of folders/drives for backup purposes ... it makes it look like to PrPro the files have been reset/moved so it can't find them.

That one took me a few days to puzzle out, and a mighty struggle with OneDrive to banish it from my system and get control of my folders back.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported the bug more than 3 years ago!

I've tried all the troubleshooting methods I could find and I still have the Workspace issue. I even started with a brand new Mac last Fall and the issue was there from the beginning. I find it hard to believe that Adobe can't fix this problem, even if it only affects a relatively small number of users. They've collected a lot of money from that small number of users over the years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried and done everything. 26+ months is a long time to be upset and looking for answers. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something very specifically on your computers, somewhere some stupid little thing is causing you immense grief. The programs keep their data in about four different locations, each in specific Mac or PC folder setups. If there's somehow a gritch where PrPro can't access one of those folders to write to it, this happens.

If there's some sort of anti-virus/malware app that takes control of those folders, this happens. That one seems harder to puzzle out than some.

If the CC Desktop app gets corrupted, this can happen.

If there's a backup/online-drive connection to the drive, folder tree or folder, this will happen.

A few other things. But they're all a local machine issue, and not something that Adobe has any control over. Maddening as they are. As when MS OneDrive decided to control all my user folders ... Adobe apps could write an initial folder. But they couldn't read or write from it after that. And it was a bugger to get rid of completely.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your description of this problem, Neil. But where is Adobe's statement on this ongoing problem?

I have yet to see it in the Known Issues of the software. They know about it, yet they seem to just ignore it and the users who are having the issue. 

You do a better job defending their problems than they do. You should ask for a raise!  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, I'm not an Adobe staffer.

It's not a problem of the Adobe software though ... it's a problem with other control issues on user's computers. I don't know what power you expect their software to have ... personally, I wouldn't want the Adobe apps to be able to simply take over my machine and change anything they want to.

So ... they can't fix something outside their software. And that's the problem with this issue, it's nearly always something their software cannot change.

And yes, it can be a bugaboo for the user. But I've seen several staffers pop in here to help someone sort this out. Several people have also posted about Adobe Help staffers who've spent time going through their computer with them to find what stupid little remote thing was their particular bugaboo.

If you do go to their Help system, as soon as you get someone via either chat of phone support, ask for the video que. That gets you out of the generalists to a probably better group with more PrPro experience.

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would argue it is ABSOLUTELY a software problem. 
I used to never have and then I did and ever since I have. 

My system has not changed in 4 years. Only how the software behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your OS hasn't upgraded in four years? Not one of the other apps or utilities on your machine has upgraded in four years? Sounds a little ... odd.

This is a generally workable system but ... and it's a big but ... it depends on permissions and behaviors from every user's machine. Resolve sets things up differently, as far as preferences and database and all ... but it also can have very similar issues on individual machines. Which isn't BlackMagic's fault either ... it's how each machine has other things setup and working.

Yes, it's frustrating as Hades to try and nail the culprit on some machines. But it is a local thing, with tons of variables. Over the years, I've had this twice with two very different basic causes. Each time was a few days of madness. But after getting it sorted, I was back to work.

The first one ... a tech guy that built my machine did some tweaking for privacy purposes for me. Yea, made me so private that the Adobe apps couldn't access the user prefs folders. Caught him totally by surprise that the settings he'd changed had that effect. And the other was when as noted MS OneDrive tried to ... help.

But there are quite a few things from antivirus to malware apps that can cause this. Some times listing PrPro as "run in admin mode" is the fix. Sometimes that can be a problem and needs being undone.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My OS "has not" upgraded in 4 years. Nothing has been changed since I launched my machine in 2017.
For the first 14+ months no problem. For the last 3+ years - fails every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's not a problem of the Adobe software though ... it's a problem with other control issues on user's computers"

If it's not an Adobe software issue, why do the Workspaces in After Effect work exactly as they should, yet Premiere's Workspaces don't? Shouldn't Adobe be able to code their Premiere software to work the same way as their After Effects software as far as Workspaces are concerned?

And why has Adobe been abosultely silent about this problem? If it's outside of their software, they should let people know! I haven't seen anything from them stating that this problem is not related to their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines