• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere slow after Windows update

Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 updated today and I open Premiere Pro v.12 to the Program Monitor responding slowly when I set the cursor in the timeline on another frame. I play with Motion Effect Controls and there’s a delay with keyframes, scaling, and positioning of video clips and images. The project has crashed a few times and returns to normal very briefly after reopening.

I’ve tried changing the renderer in Project Settings to Mercury Playback (No CUDA) and that only made it worse. I also deleted media cache and performed a reinstall/install of Premiere and the problems continues. Any gurus out there have a solution?

PC Specs:

Intel i7 7700-K 4.20 GHz Processor

32GB RAM

NVIDIA G-Force GTX 780 Graphics Card

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I dread moving up to v10.  I believe you can prevent windows from updating the hardware drivers, (CNET has an article "Stop windows 10 from automatically updating your PC").  I would update the graphics card using a driver from the OEM, or revert back to the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines