• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere vs Media Encoder?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any benefit to rendering from within Premiere instead or Media Encoder, or vice versa?  Im wondering if they are the same in terms of render quality, settings and functionality.  I have also heard that rendering AE projects in Media Encoder is better because it has fewer errors than AE's renderer.  True?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

i have never experienced any anomalies in any direct ae renders

that said, media encoder is much more flexible in configuration options

i will normally render ae comps via dynamic linked premiere timelines,

queued to media encoder

queue vs. direct render:

there should be nought difference in quality,

and negligible difference in encoding time

i normally queue, if only for the convenience of

multiple exports from a session in one shot

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME is basically the default engine for PrPro's exporting. Setting your export settings in PrPro uses presets from AME, so if you've made some for specific repeated jobs ... you would just choose that preset in PrPro and "go". Queuing over to AME allows you to use the full range of options for each format/codec, not just the presets.

I'll let someone else answer about Ae ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, rendering in AME means you can keep working in PP while it works in the background. This can save a ton of time when you're stacking jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have never experienced any anomalies in any direct ae renders

that said, media encoder is much more flexible in configuration options

i will normally render ae comps via dynamic linked premiere timelines,

queued to media encoder

queue vs. direct render:

there should be nought difference in quality,

and negligible difference in encoding time

i normally queue, if only for the convenience of

multiple exports from a session in one shot

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all about time management.

You can also save the lengthy, time consuming renders to run at the end of the day, leaving more working hours to perform edits.

As Snarky points out, you can render one file to several flavors (such as rendering an online, HD and archive resolutions in one go). 

Create watch folders attached to specific encoding recipes to automate conversions, or for trans-coding for manual ingest as an alternative to Prelude.

As I shoot and fill a card/drive, I'll drop the contents into a watch folder and let it transcode as I continue to shoot on another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found default settings in Premiere Pro directly utilize all cores on the system and their processing power, whereas Media encoder used sometimes only 25%, and only one core at 100%;  However this can be changed by inserting a Settings.ini file into the executable folders of Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Media encoder with the proper commands; and has increased my core and thread utilization in Adobe Media Encoder to the maximum extent... as is the same for After Effects, Premiere Pro! For instructions on this simply search for the youtube video ""Render 300X FASTER | Premiere / After Effects / Media Encoder"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting comments. I'll look at that link later.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AME has always used the full resources of my system when it could.  I don't believe your experience is normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines