• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Select Previous Clip

Contributor ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow relies heavily on a custom keyboard shortcut, "C" for "select previous clip" then "X" for ripple delete, also I have "selection follows playhead" on. First I add an edit, press "C" to select the previous clip, then press "X" to ripple delete it. It's very handy when editing down dialogue for casting interviews. I use it thousands of times a day.

But sometimes it gets wonky. Like it will jump back to the beginning of the whole sequence. This started randomly happening this morning. I press C and instead of selecting the previous clip, it jumps to the beginning of the sequence and selects the entire sequence. I'm baffled as to why this might be happening, but "select previous clip" definitely has a history of wonky behavior like this and ususally changing target tracks fixes it, but not this time.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I don't use those shortcuts so I can't talk much about why you might be experiencing that unreliable behavior. I'd have to watch over your shoulder maybe to really understand.

But I have a tip. First I must assume that you are probably working with one video and audio track, and not layered videos on lots of tracks. But what I often do is use Ripple Trims. So instead of making a cut as you explained I just park my Current Time Indicator (play head) at the spot after the portion I want to cut and hit the Q key which is for Ripple trimming to the previous edit to playhead. You might check that out and do a test. It could save you a few keystrokes and speed things up for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will 100% try that as soon as I finish this sequence! Thanks so much for the tip! Really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines