• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program window choppy or no preview render.

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off i am a beginner and this is my first post.

I started a project yesterday and everything was working pretry good.  I could scrub through footage.  I could play the footage in real time in the default resolution scale which was set at 1/2 source resolution. 

Today opening the project it won't play at all.  The preview takes forever just to load up a thumbnail.   I check task manager to see if I was stressing my system.  MSI stealth 32gb memory.  CPU was at like 6% memory at 50%.  I checked my SSD and external Thunderbolt Drive and everything looks good there so I don't think it's hardware. 

I tested by starting up a new project entering one media clip and chose 1/8 video quality  and same thing.  I have the yellow bar above the time line sequence and no matter how long I wait it never turns green.

I cannot edit video like this. Please help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We’re so sorry to hear about the playback issue, gearbow. Please share the following information for an investigation:

1. What are the system specifications(Operating System version number, RAM, CPU, GPU model number)? Have you updated the GPU drivers to the latest version?

2. What is the footage file format and codec? What is the source of the footage(camera model/software)?

3. What is the location of the media and media cache(internal/external drive)?

4. What is the selected renderer in project settings? FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Try the following steps and see if it fixes the issue:

1. Clear the old media cache using these steps: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

2. Run the program as an administrator using the steps in this article: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

3. Change the renderer in project settings and check the playback: FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines